PDA

View Full Version : Mr Scruffles

opschick
09-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Wow Mr Scruffles, that was some story your Mom had. I can that you are loved so very much. Happy dotd to you!

beeniesmom
09-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Hi cutie! Happy dog of the day to you!

fredrick
09-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Amazing story, and very well told. Scruffy is adorable and very lucky too!

tatsxxx11
09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Hapy Dog of the Day to you, precious Mr. Scruffles! What a heart pounding account of your harrowing experience your Mommy has shared with us!:eek: I can only imagine how terrified (to the core) your Mommy and Daddy were that day you slipped your lead; your fate unknown, they not knowing if the would ever see their beloved furkid again! In a split second their world was turned upside down! But thankfully all ended happily, with you being returned to your parents safe and sound!:) Thank goodness for caring people such as that dear man who found you, who made your happy homecoming a reality! Whenever I see a "dog missing" sign my heart sinks, thinking of the distraught family, as well as the well being of the pup, and I can only hope that all such stories end as happily as yours!
Thanks to your dear Mom for sharing your amazing story, your sweet self with us all! You truly one one extra special pup, and so very deserving of our "top dog" honors! Enjoy your much deserved day of honor, sweetheart! Hope you're treated to a very special, fun filled Dog of the Day, being loved and spoiled to the max by your wondeful family!
Love and hugs to you, precious Mr. Scruffles!:love::love::love:

mon
09-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Mr.Scruffles is So adorable (very white teeth too!) Sorry about your ordeal :eek: if you have pets long enough something like that usually comes with the territory unfortunately. So glad it all worked out and Sir Scruffles is once again in the lovin' arms of the bosom of his family :love: Excellent DOTD, peace and love :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

pomtzu
09-27-2011, 01:36 PM
WOW!!! I don't think I've ever read such a suspenseful adventure story here ever before. I was sitting on the edge of my chair, almost breathless, and wondering what was coming next. :eek: I was so relieved that it was such a happy ending. Please Mr Scruffles, don't ever do something like that again. Tell Mom to walk you with a harness instead of a collar - you can't squirm out of that.

That being said, I think you certainly are very deserving of the honor of PT's DOTD. I hope that you are with your loving and dedicated family for many, many more happy and healthy years.

Please be careful out there, little one! :love:

Taz_Zoee
09-27-2011, 03:39 PM
This story had me on the edge of my seat with tears in my eyes. Then I got interrupted (reading while at work:o) and had to come back to finish the story.
That had to be such a scary event, but I'm so glad it ended the way it did. :D

Congrats on being DOTD Scruffy!! :)

lizbud
09-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Hello Scruffy,

Wow, what a scary adventure on a routine trip to the Vet. I am soooo
happy your family got you back unharmed.:love: A little dude like you could
wear a pretty halter instead of a collar, then you could be reeled in from
any danger.:D Bless your heart.:love: Congratulations on being chosen as
our delightful (and cute) DOG OF THE DAY. Sending lots of hugs & kisses
sweet boy.:)

lindahoward
09-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Mr Scruffles....I loved your story. Very interesting. If you had a been mine I would have had a heart attack. I know what your human mom and dad was feeling. I love my two little girls just as much. An animal is a member
of the family. We love you unconditional as you love us. Congratulations
on DOTD. I am very glad there was a happy ending. Dad, don't let Mr. Scruffles
out of your seight.:love::love::love:

Linda in SC:love:

ToBeEvergreen
09-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Scruffy! :eek: You dashing (literally) little boy you!

Momo
09-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Scruffy - I'd be scared too, with all of the commotion and noise on the street...what a harrowing story! :eek:
And what a happy ending for you, you tiny lil' gem!
You deserve to have DOTD everyday! :love::love::love:

bkinne
09-27-2011, 10:01 PM
OMG - - I was exhausted after that incredible story - - are you sure you didn't move to San Diego to be closer to Hollywood?!?! That was awesome and something I can totally relate to on many levels. My whole life involves the military so I understand the 'new location' VERY well! In Germany we had a greyhound that got loose on Ramstein AB and we had to go back and get the car to try to find her (every try running after a greyhound?!), and everywhere we went people would tell us which direction she went (PRAYING she wouldn't get on the flight line!). Like you, we ran out of people telling us which direction she went but, by then, we were close to our housing area again so decided that one of us would stay home in case she came back and the other would go back out in the car after alerting the Security Police (SPs) to look for her. And there she was, sitting on the front porch looking at us like, "Hello - - where have you been?" :D And that instinctual love for animals almost got me run over at a busy intersection in our town when I came to the assistance of a mother duck and her babies. They went to cross this busy four-lane street at a light where we had just pulled up moments before. All of a sudden I realized the light cycle was going to change in the next moment that would allow drivers across the intersection to turn left right on top of them AND they couldn't see them from their perspective. With no forethought whatsoever, I jumped out of the car (thank goodness hubby was driving) and ran out into the intersection to stop the cars from running over the ducklings. No one even got mad or honked as soon they realized what was happening. As I helped guide the ducklings across the street (and the last one up the tall curb), thankfully through cars stopped for the light, so many PARENTS leaned out to thank me. I understood when I looked up and saw the horror on all their faces and then realized all the children in those cars would have seen what would have otherwise happened to those ducklings. I'm also a parent and felt sick at knowing what they would have witnessed as a captive audience. Lastly, I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves to tell great stories!;) Congratulations to you, Scruffy, for being DOTD - - it's great to be loved so much by your awesome humans!