PDA

View Full Version : Iams and the Truth!

luckies4me
11-09-2002, 01:01 PM
please read this bfore you decide to feed your animals Iams or Eukanuba (http://www.uncaged.co.uk/iams.htm#truth) :mad:

COCatMama
11-09-2002, 01:04 PM
omg omg i couldn't even read the whole thing
what makes me sick is how their commercials guilt you into buying their food because it is the 'best' even tho they torture and murder helpless animals to make it
YUCK!!

neko1
11-09-2002, 02:02 PM
oh god that was disgusting. It was a real eye-opener though, so thanks for posting.

COCatMama
11-09-2002, 02:06 PM
good thing my dog prefers cheap dog food. We tried feeding him the fancy expensive stuff, no dice!
the cheaper the better! we get a big flat of wet food called "Yami Yami" it's from China. It has shih tzus on the front. The stuff doesn't smell as bad as other wet food...weeeeeiirdd
Juneau is too thin, althought he gained a whole 3 lbs after we got him from the SPCA. The vet says most dogs get FAT on cheap dog food but not our Juneau! We feed him kibble mixed with wet. Juneau only weighs 50 lbs!!

Uabassoon
11-09-2002, 05:28 PM
I'm glad I've never fed my cats Iams, only science diet. Is Iams owned by Proctor& Gambel? I heard that they were. My roommate and I don't buy anything for our house that is made by P&G because of their animal testing.

mugsy
11-09-2002, 06:19 PM
I knew what they did...I don't need to read it. That's why we switched to Exclusive which is made with fresh chicken.

Just FYI....Science Diet's main source of protein is ground peanut shells.

mugsy
11-09-2002, 06:19 PM
PS...Iams is owned by Proctor and Gamble and now every major brand of dog food is produced by a soap company

COCatMama
11-09-2002, 06:25 PM
how weird is that!

Miss Meow
11-09-2002, 09:03 PM
Sick. I wonder how the "scientists" doing this stuff sleep at night.

Desert Arabian
11-09-2002, 09:15 PM
and guess what, all the powder, foundation, lip gloss, lip stick, eye shadow, mascara, etc that women wear- guess who the manufacturers tested that on and rubbed it into their eyes?????? Most of it, that is, not all.

I think scientists should come up with new ways to test junk like this. I think it is really sad that animals have to go through the b.s. (sorry) that people put them through.

luckies4me
11-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Europe has just banned all cosmetics that are tested on animals. Also this means they will no longer import cosmetics that are tested on animals either. Way to go Europe!!!!!

COCatMama
11-09-2002, 10:02 PM
yay! there's one small step....

Aspen and Misty
11-09-2002, 10:04 PM
how horrible!!!!! I'm takein Chewy off of Eukanuba.I'm sure if they were doing that with a baby and baby food the scientist would say HECK NO and call the police on them. But because they are animal who the..................... Ok.. breath......

Aspen and Misty
11-09-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Europe has just banned all cosmetics that are tested on animals. Also this means they will no longer import cosmetics that are tested on animals either. Way to go Europe!!!!!

HORRAY FOR EUROPE! I hope the USA takes that stand .Well boots out all the places that do it. Good for Europe!!

COCatMama
11-09-2002, 10:06 PM
dontcha know...humans are 'better' than animals
:rolleyes: i have never actually believed that myself!

RockyRoad
11-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Eeeew that is so gross!! I am so glad Lady is on a good breed of pet food, and Sally too! People can be so absent-minded sometimes. I do not think they get pets are LIVING. So for anyone out there from Iams doing this is reading this: L-I-V-I-N-G:things that are alive, like humans.

COCatMama
11-09-2002, 10:11 PM
you got that right! they feel pain just like we do!

wolf_Q
11-10-2002, 02:22 AM
I knew there was problems with Iams/Eukanuba as far as the quality of the food after P & G bought it, but I didn't know about all these horrible tests. :(

I feed Nebo Nutro Natural Choice. As far as I know there are no problems with that company. My sister feeds her dog Iams and has tried to convince me it's the best, but I would never buy it...especially now.

luckies4me
11-10-2002, 11:01 AM
I have always fed either Innova or Nutro.

Cincy'sMom
11-10-2002, 12:10 PM
We started on Iams, not realizing it had been bought by P&G and that the quailty of the food had been lowered so it could be sold in grocery stores. Now we feed the girls "Sensible Choice" by Royal Canin. I have not heard anything negative about this company and they are alittle higher end...only Pet stores sell their products.