PDA

View Full Version : It's official!!!! UPDATE 10/3 PIX!!!

moosmom
09-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Austin's getting a girlfriend, Austin's getting a girlfriend!!!!

There is a woman who has been fostering 4 Sphynxes for a breeder who has fallen off the face of the earth. Now we're scrambling to find homes for them.

My friend is taking one, I'm taking the other. I THINK I'm taking Isis as opposed to Nyla. Will decide when I get there. First cat on my shoulder snuggling saying, "Okay, I'm ready!! Let's go home now!!!" will get a new name.

Any suggestions?? Or do you want to wait till I post pictures??? I'll know more on Friday.

katladyd
09-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Donna, I'm soooo happy for you and Austin! I think a new lady Sphynx is just what you and Austin both need. Once we see pictures, then the ideas for names will start to flow. Again, CONGRATULATIONS!:D:love:

dehlers43
09-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Love them nekkid babies..... :)
How about Lili in honor of Lili St. Cyr, or Gypsy, after Gypsy Rose Lee, both famous burlesque strippers.......

Freedom
09-26-2011, 03:34 PM
WHY would you change the cat's name? They are named after Egyptian gods, after all. Do you change your name each time you move?

Donna is getting another sphynx? LOL why am I not surprised! :love:

Best wishes with the newbie! Sure hope Austin and the rest take to her quickly and the transition goes smoothly all around.

phesina
09-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh, how exciting!!!!! Welcome, new little friend!

cassiesmom
09-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Welcome, new Sphynx kitty!

I'm terrible with names. Does Nyla sound like "nile-uh", or "kneel-uh"? I have a former co-worker whose name is Neila ("kneel-uh") after her grandfather Cornelius-- shortened to Neil.

Why did the breeder fall from the face of the earth? That doesn't sound good.

Grace
09-26-2011, 05:45 PM
WHY would you change the cat's name? They are named after Egyptian gods, after all. Do you change your name each time you move?

Donna is getting another sphynx? LOL why am I not surprised! :love:

Best wishes with the newbie! Sure hope Austin and the rest take to her quickly and the transition goes smoothly all around.

I agree with Sandie. Keep the name she has :)

momcat
09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
So what do you think about this, Butchie? It must be exciting to know you're getting a new playmate that looks like you! It will be up to you to teach her how to be a Sphynx kitty and reap all the benefits but be careful when you show her how to get on Meowmie's last nerve. That might not go over very well but don't worry, your cousin Groucho the Lawyer will defend you pro bono. I know you'll watch out for her and take very good care of her.

Sending you scritchies, lovies, and smoochies :love: :love: :love:

Love,
Auntie Momcat

Malibu's Mom
09-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Woohoo! I have not met a Sphynx that wasn't a total lovebug. They're so awesome. Congratulations on your new addition!! :love:

catmandu
09-27-2011, 09:16 AM
:love::love::love:
Ahh Toujours L"Amor:love::love::love:
We bet that Austin will love his New Lady Love and will immediatly show her
all the love that he has.
We are eagerly awaiting photos.:love::love::love::love:

moosmom
09-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Cassiesmom,

I don't know what happened. The breeder took these four Sphynxes in to foster while this woman went through a divorce. She kept calling her and asking her if she wanted her cats back. No response. The last time she tried, the number was disconnected. She says she heard a rumor that the woman moved to Fla. No idea where.

Nyla (just like it's written).

I do like the suggestions, though.

Lili Rose is playing on my mind!!

happylabs
09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Cassiesmom,

I don't know what happened. The breeder took these four Sphynxes in to foster while this woman went through a divorce. She kepts calling her and asking her if she wanted her cats back. No response. The last time she tried, the number was disconnected. She says she heard a rumor that the woman moved to Fla. No idea where.

Nyla (just like it's written).

I do like the suggestions, though.

Lili Rose is playing on my mind!!

I like the name Lili Rose! Actually, I love it!!!

GILL
09-27-2011, 12:38 PM
CONGRATS I'd go with TOOROSY. Most cats seem to like names that end with the "I" sound.

moosmom
09-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Sayooki is another name I'm leaning towards. Lili Rose is definitely a contender though.

pomtzu
09-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Suki?

cassiesmom
09-27-2011, 08:25 PM
I like the name Lili Rose! Actually, I love it!!!

Me too! What a way to honor Mollie Rose's memory! :love:

moosmom
09-28-2011, 08:08 AM
That's IT!!! Lily Rose!!!

GILL
09-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Great choice.

dehlers43
09-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Love it!

moosmom
10-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I sent some PTers a picture of AustinB and Isis. I'm keeping her name. She's a VanSphynx. A Sphynx with the markings of a Van cat.

Can I ask one of you to post the picture I sent??? I don't know how to get my pictures off my phone. This was taken not EVEN 12 hours after we arrived home.

Butchie is smitten with her. He climbs the baby gates to see her. So much for the gates!! She climbed over and AustinB pursued. Got my trusty waterbottle handy not to mention a MUST HAVE, Feliway!!!

Need to get batteries for my camera. Will post pics soon!!

momcat
10-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Welcome to your new furever home, Isis! Count on being spoiled, pampered, cared for, and loved beyond measure. You're a PT kitty now and PT kitties get only the very best of everything!

Sending tons of welcome scritchies, lovies and smoochies:love: :love: :love:

I can't wait to see your picture!

phesina
10-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Welcome HOME, Isis!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

moosmom
10-02-2011, 05:55 AM
I had a last minute pet sitting job in West Hartford last night. After I fed them all, I couldn't get Bartie out from under the bed, so I had no choice but to close her and Bartie in my room for the night.

Got home at 6 a.m. and things were fine!! My cats are curious, but for the most part it's like, "WTF??? Oh, Okay..."

I opened the door when I got home and she's been out and about, growling and stuff, but there's been no blood shed. I don't think I could ask for a better transition. I'll be home all week, so while I'm around, she'll have free reign to 'splore.

Now to get batteries.

moosmom
10-03-2011, 06:16 AM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/sphynxes005.jpg

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/sphynxes011.jpg

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/sphynxes010.jpg
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/sphynxes002.jpg

Freedom
10-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Oh she is lovely! Hello Isis, you are a sweetie pie.

My goodness, Donna, you need to get a new siggy - some how, I didn't remember you have 2 other Sphynx, I thought Austin was it! He hee, look at the 3 of them!

Who is the gray pugdy one in the front?

Great photos, really shows her off nicely!

moosmom
10-03-2011, 08:47 AM
I only have two, Sandie. The pregnant third one on the counter was another cat.

Isis is a very sweet cat. The adjustment is going very well. I close her in my bedroom with me at night. This way if there IS any issues, I'm not hopping out of bed in the middle of the night. For the most part, it's going smoothly. I'm lucky.

And yes I DO need a new siggy!!! It's been a long time! Anyone want to help me? I have no clue how to do siggys.

kittycats_delight
10-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Donna & the nekkid kids heehehehehe I :love: her Donna. She is so pretty! You know my email to send any pics for a new siggy. I am always happy to make you or anyone else a new siggy.

catmandu
10-03-2011, 09:17 AM
:love::love::cool:
We are so glad that Austin ^^ and Iris ^^ are starting to get along so well together.
Every Cat needs a mate, and they will soon be cuddling up and happy together!!!
That is such a Dear Little Addition to your home Donna!!!
Co Cat Ulations from All Of Us at the Found Cat Hotel!!!
:love::love::love:

Karen
10-03-2011, 12:23 PM
She's a cutie! Welcome Isis!

katladyd
10-03-2011, 02:11 PM
She's a beauty all right! I'm glad she's sweet, too. :love: I loved the picture where there is a picture of MooShoo behind her. So touching!

catnapper
10-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Saw your text - was at work so I couldn't respond. Very sweet little girl! Vongrats on the new addition to your hairless family :)

mrspunkysmom
10-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Isis! :love:

cassiesmom
10-03-2011, 08:45 PM
She's a beauty all right! I'm glad she's sweet, too. :love: I loved the picture where there is a picture of MooShoo behind her. So touching!

Me too! She posed in the perfect spot for that! Hello, Sphynx Isis!

krazyaboutkatz
10-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Congrats!!! Welcome to PT Isis.:)

moosmom
10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Isis was spayed yesterday and spent the night at the vet. I picked her up this morning and she's been isolated in my room, burrowed under my covers. While a Sphynx's temp is 3-5 degrees higher than normal furred cats, she seems a little warm to me. The vet did give me clavamox to give her for 10 days just in case.

She is the sweetest cat. The transition between her and the other cats was amazing. I'll post more pictures when she perks up.

phesina
10-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Awww... Good wishes and prayers and healing energies for you, Isis, that you feel better quickly.

Congratulations, Isis! You are a WOMAN now!

Looking forward to more pictures,

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

ramanth
11-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Glad her spay went well! Can't wait to see more pictures. :D :love:

cassiesmom
11-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Welcome home, Isis!