PDA

View Full Version : Computer rant - AGH!!!!

Freedom
09-24-2011, 09:00 PM
2006: I buy a new laptop, and a new desktop, both use Windows XP. Also a printer, it is all HP so it all works well together. I buy Windows Office 2003 (3 user) and install it on both; and I get Quickbooks Pro 2006, which I only put on the laptop.

2009: printer dies, buy another HP and I'm good to go.

Last week: laptop breaks. Both hinges. So I have a monitor and a base, 2 pieces connected by 2 thin wires. LOL Works, provided I can balance it all, ha haa.

Today: I buy a new laptop. Which uses Windows 7. So I also have to buy a new Office 2010, as the 2003 version is not compatible w/ Windows 7, and won't run. And again have to get the 3 user, so I can put it on the desktop too.

NOW I find I am going to have to buy new Quickbooks as well! Cuz 2006 won't run on Windows 7.

AGH!!!!!!

Having all of it new and compatible was SO NICE. My poor budget is NOT happy now one small piece broke. I guess I have to be thankful I don't HAVE to replace the desktop.

Oh gosh, wonder if the photoshop version I have will wok on Windows 7?!

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I only have two desktops and my old desktop is a Windows XP. My new desktop is Windows 7. I also wanted to install some of the programs that I had on my Windows XP to my new computer but it wasn't compatible. I have an older version of Adobe Photoshop which I know how to use fairly well but I can't install it on my new computer. I feel your pain.

Freedom
09-24-2011, 09:23 PM
I have an older version of Adobe Photoshop which I know how to use fairly well but I can't install it on my new computer. I feel your pain.

Oh NOoooooooo!!!!!

Roxyluvsme13
09-24-2011, 09:45 PM
If you have one of the Photoshops that is at least CS or above, there shouldn't be any compatibility issues.

It sucks that you've had to spend so much money upgrading everything though. I don't understand why all the products couldn't be made to be compatible with upgrades later on :rolleyes:. Guess it's just a money racket!

katladyd
09-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Wait until you spent money you don't have upgrading and then you start classes online that are only compatible with the old stuff. AARRGGHH!!:mad:

wombat2u2004
09-26-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't understand why all the products couldn't be made to be compatible with upgrades later on :rolleyes:. Guess it's just a money racket!

Yuppers...nothing more and nothing less ;)

Hellow
09-27-2011, 06:36 PM
If you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, it has a Windows XP compatibility mode or the option to install one. It's not always perfect, but it normally works.

Freedom
09-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Can't afford, nor do I need that one.

I am on the new laptop -- got the wi fi set up, now going to all my faves to get passwords in - PT is the first! LOL