PDA

View Full Version : Micro chipping

Sowa
09-24-2011, 12:15 PM
The Humane Society is having an event to get your pets micro chipped for $20 this weekend so I thought I'd get Clover done. I really don't know a lot about it though. Will it hurt her?

(edit)
I've done some research on it. I've read it can cause tumors possibly. It seems unlikely. What do you all think? Is it worth it?

happylabs
09-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Definitely have her microchipped. They feel nothing. I haven't heard anything about turmors. I went with my daughter when she had Zoey done.

My cats are not done but when they go to the vet next I will have it done, especially Buddy because he is the one that hangs by the door.

Sowa
09-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah I just went to the Pet Expo where they're doing it and got it. She bled some :( But she never yelped or anything. She met a ton of dogs and people and was so excited. They even gave us a treat bag with bones, treats, a frisbee and something for my cat. She was a very good little girl considering it was her first time around so many people.

chocolatepuppy
09-24-2011, 02:22 PM
My Layla and Jake are chipped. I had Layla done when she was four months old and Jake was done by the shelter I adopted him from.

Karen
09-24-2011, 04:01 PM
It is very rare for pets - cats sometimes have a cancer related to injections, but that is far rarer than cats going missing, so you are better off getting them microchipped.

Freedom
09-24-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm glad she didn't yelp. The Home Again chip is HUGE and my vet prefers to insert it while the pet is under anesthesia (for something else). Marlin had it done, no anesthesia. Well, Marlin is my drama KING . . . you'd think he had a limb cut off! I felt so badly at the time.

Sugar and Lacey are chipped, with a different company. I still need to get Tasha and Willy done.

I'm glad you got this for Clover.

luvofallhorses
09-25-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm glad you are having her chipped and that is a cheap price to have her chipped. :) The needle is HUGE but she shouldn't feel it, dogs have tough skin but some are more sensitive than others. She may bleed a bit since she's yellow but it should go smoothly. :)

SWHouston
09-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Both of mine are.
I feel SO much better, knowing if someone finds/takes one or both, that only I know those numbers and related registry, and having that information is very convincing when it comes to an argument as to who owns what. With future animals, I won't delay chipping them past the first trip to the Vet.