PDA

View Full Version : Willow - lost cat - reunited with family after 5 years!!!

happylabs
09-23-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't remember if anyone posted this story when it first hit the news about a week or so ago about Willow the Calico cat found in NY who had been lost for 5 years.

She was reuinted with her owners yesterday or last evening and was apparently on the Today Show this morning. I missed it but I have been waiting for them to post something about them all being reuinted.

This is such a wonderful story and Willow is just one of the most gorgeous Calico cats I have ever seen! She is in good health and looks like she has been taken care of very well. :)

Look at how stunning she is!

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=462&pictureid=4750

Here's a link to the story on the Today Show.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44636444/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/

momcat
09-23-2011, 03:16 PM
It's great to see a little good news! I saw this in the newspaper last week sometime. Apparently someone found her roaming around & decided to keep her. For some reason the first vet Willow was taken to didn't find the micro chip. Apparently while she was away, she was loved and well cared for. She was taken to another vet for some reason and the micro chip was found. When her family in Colorado was contacted they decided not to tell their kids until they were sure it was Willow. I did see her and her family on the Today Show this morning. Her humans were petting her and giving her lots of lovies, she was loving it and most likely is very happy to be home again.

Welcome home, Willow. Be sure to stay inside now, okay?

Randi
09-24-2011, 04:27 AM
Wow, isn't that amazing! What a journey Willow had. Glad he is in good shape and back with his family. :)

chocolatepuppy
09-24-2011, 07:41 AM
What a great story!:love:

catmandu
09-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Our Pet Talker Awesome Search and Rescue Squad never gives up, and that is great that Willow has finally come home where she belongs!!!:love::love::love:

momcat
09-24-2011, 06:38 PM
There was a story in today's Daily News about the reunion. Willow was reunited with her Colorado family at a New York hotel.

"When we got herback to the hotel [on Thursday] she was really relaxed Jamie Squires said from a 5th Avenue conference room. She explored for a little while and then she cuddled up."

According to the piece, a skier from Brooklyn found her in Colorado and brought her back to New York City thinking she was a stray. A good Samaritan found Willow on the street near Grammercy Park about two weeks ago and took her to Animal Care and Control. Officials there found the microchip and contacted her family in Colorado.

happylabs
09-24-2011, 07:21 PM
There was a story in today's Daily News about the reunion. Willow was reunited with her Colorado family at a New York hotel.

"When we got herback to the hotel [on Thursday] she was really relaxed Jamie Squires said from a 5th Avenue conference room. She explored for a little while and then she cuddled up."

According to the piece, a skier from Brooklyn found her in Colorado and brought her back to New York City thinking she was a stray. A good Samaritan found Willow on the street near Grammercy Park about two weeks ago and took her to Animal Care and Control. Officials there found the microchip and contacted her family in Colorado.

She sounds like such a love bug of a cat. I am just so happy for all. Such a great story.