PDA

View Full Version : Satellite coming down

Randi
09-23-2011, 12:38 PM
It's quite exiting where the debris of it will come down - any guesses?

Does anyone know how long it takes to go around the Earth? They say it will be passing Denmark three times during the night. I will be fast asleep, though.

pomtzu
09-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Most of it will burn up in space and only 20+ smaller pieces will make it thru, but some of those pieces could be up to 300 lbs and traveling at 500-600 miles per hour. :eek: They are still speculating the area where those pieces will come down - still saying probably over the ocean and maybe near Chile, but in a 300-500 mile path - and later this afternoon. Nice guessing guys - nothing like pinpointing it!!! :rolleyes: I imagine those pieces could cause some very major damage if they come down in any populated areas.

Randi
09-23-2011, 01:20 PM
I imagine those pieces could cause some very major damage if they come down in any populated areas.
Indeed they could! :eek: We'll know tomorrow. I won't lose any sleep, though. ;)

lbaker
09-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Randi, stop by Thursdays and have a bite to eat and a night-cap.. the Drink of the Day is Tang and Champagne (Tang & Champagne???) :rolleyes: in honor of Space Junk :p

moosmom
09-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Praying a BIG HONKING chunk hits Jay Baldwin as he's walking down the street!!!!:mad:

happylabs
09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Praying a BIG HONKING chunk hits Jay Baldwin as he's walking down the street!!!!:mad:

Yes!

pomtzu
09-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Good one Donna! :D I'm not gonna worry about it, that's for sure. Some areas should be able to see the trail of the pieces falling once it reenters the atmosphere. It's raining and overcast with a low cloud cover here today, so if I can see it, I'd better run like hell!!!!:eek::p:D

Lizzie
09-23-2011, 02:21 PM
This reminds me of the deaths of two characters in tv series - the protagonist of "Dead Like Me" and a guy in "Northern Exposure." The first is toasted by a falling toilet seat and the second becomes one with a satellite - making for an interesting coffin.

sparks19
09-23-2011, 03:05 PM
as long as it doesn't hit Disney world I'm ok LOL