PDA

View Full Version : Phesina kits, new pics: girls (the Mature ladies)

phesina
09-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Poppaea (Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia):
I've only got this one picture of her. She is another one who is REAL good when she sees the camera, shutting hers eyes just as the flash goes off. Here's one that got her with the right eye still slightly open! That's the best I could get.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=126&pictureid=4739

Lavinia:
Closeup, looking regal and adorable
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=394&pictureid=4740

With one of her kittens!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=394&pictureid=4741
Lavinia picks up the little fluffy red heart, moves it a few inches or a few feet, sets it down, picks it up again, moves it again, and so on, all the while going "MEOWR! MROWWR! BRRRT!" over and over.. just like a mama cat moving one of her babies. I tell her, "Your baby looks just like you!"

chocolatepuppy
09-22-2011, 10:16 PM
What adorable older ladies Poppaea and Lavinia are!:love:

moosmom
09-23-2011, 06:29 AM
I have a special plate in my heart for oldies but goodies!!!

How old are your girls?

phesina
09-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Thank you, moosmom and chocolatepuppy, for the compliments from the beautiful Mature ladies and me!

:love::love::love:

Freedom
09-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Poppaea and Lavinia, I'd say you've both settled in fine in the new digs!

Silly lady Poppaea, don't like that flashy thing in your face, eh? Tell mum to try and snap on with you at a window, no flash needed!

And Lavinia, I don't know if that red heart is a kitten or prey, if you are grumbling at it like that! He he heee, how fun to sit and watch you with it. Thank you for posing with it for this nice photo!

Belly rubs to both of you!

catmandu
09-23-2011, 09:35 AM
:love::love:
There is something so sweet about Older Lady Cats :love::love:
that is so appealing.
The more mature they are , the better they look.:love::love:

Barbara
09-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Wonderful ladies. Jeanie downstairs is just like Lavinia- she transports a piece of sheepskin and meows for it;)

Queen of Poop
09-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Lovely older ladies. Thank you for sharing them. Polite scritches for these two. :love:

Killearn Kitties
09-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Beautiful ladies, you have brightened my whole day!! :love:
Many kisses to you.

lvpets2002
09-23-2011, 03:14 PM
:love: Pat both Ladies are so Stunning with Beauty.. great pics thanks

phesina
09-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Thanks to all for all the nice comments and compliments!

That's an idea, to try for an eye-opening picture of Poppaea with window light, though that isn't great in my apartment. I don't know if I can tell the camera not to flash or if it always does. Or Poppaea might have the same talent Sydney and Sparkler do of just SEEING the camera and shutting eyes or otherwise vanishing.

I've tried many times to get a picture of Lavinia actually CARRYING the little red heart, or one of her other kittens around here. But she's another who, the minute she sees the camera, acts: drops it or turns away with it.

I suppose she could think it's prey and she's calling her kitten Angels to come feast! I read not long ago that mother cats call their kittens like that when they are bringing home prey for them. It's been many many years since Lavinia's had any kittens, if ever.

Lavinia and Poppaea and I all thank you again! Kissies and lovies and gentle skritchies to be delivered.

cassiesmom
09-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Poppaea and Lavinia! Hello, gorgeous ladies! Very gentle and polite scritchies, lovies and kisses to you from me :love: :love:!

Your admiring fan and loyal subject,
Elyse

phesina
09-23-2011, 07:12 PM
I have a special plate in my heart for oldies but goodies!!!

How old are your girls?

Well, I think Lavinia is around 17 and Poppaea is 20 or so (or more) !!!!

I adopted them both from the house with 12 cats I was petsitting at that caught fire last Christmas Eve.

momcat
09-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Oh Pat, they are absolutely beautiful!!! Watching Lavinia with her "kitten" must be something to see. Could I ask you to give each of them some lovies from me? :love: :love: :love: :love:

phesina
09-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Well, thank you, momcat, from Lavinia and Poppaea and me!

Lovies to be delivered, as always,

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2011, 08:52 PM
They're both gorgeous. I can only hope that I age this gracefully.:)

phesina
09-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Me too! Thank you from Lavinia and Poppaea and me.

mrspunkysmom
09-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Beautiful. :love: And you got some full face shots. Mine turn from me when I take out the camera. :p

momoffuzzyfaces
09-25-2011, 12:38 PM
What beautiful girls you are!!! :love:

My cat, Grandma, agrees with me that mature kitties are super special!!! I hope you both are being royally spoiled today. You certainly deserve to be. Putting up with young whippersnappers can be so exhausting after all. ;) :D :love::love:

phesina
09-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Thank you, Anne and Donna, from Lavinia and the Princess and me!

Sparkler vanishes into space when she sees the camera. Sydney and Poppaea don't vanish, but they have the gift of being able to shut their eyes just as I push the shutter bottom. That's why there's only one picture of each of them.

jennielynn1970
09-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Gorgeous ladies. And so dignified. I'm so glad they are happy and healthy with you!!

Bless you!!

phesina
09-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Thank you, Jenn, from the girlies and me! Yes, aren't they dignified!