PDA

View Full Version : The Last Day of Summer 2011 Thursday #448

RICHARD
09-22-2011, 08:18 AM
How's that for a convoluted theme?

I think a nice bowl of chili and some jalapeno cornbread is in order.

I made a batch of bread - for the first time the other day - It was pretty spectacular.....The only thing wrong was that it needed the pinch of salt the recipe called for, that I left out.

I'll be back later with a DOTD. I have to get this party rolling...

DONE?

Karen
09-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Still good, fresh local tomatoes available, I'll contribute some tomato mozzarella salad to the party! With fresh basil, and a little balsamic vinegar ... yum!

pomtzu
09-22-2011, 11:19 AM
I made a batch of bread - for the first time the other day - It was pretty spectacular.....The only thing wrong was that it needed the pinch of salt the recipe called for, that I left out.

All you have to do is slather a slice of bread with real butter, and not the low or no salt variety, and you'll never miss the salt you left out of the recipe. :D I never use salt in baking anything anymore and I can't even tell the difference.

Chilli sounds yummy, but it's too warm for it today, but I'll take some of Karen's salad and some of that bread - please!

Everybody beware of falling space junk tomorrow. :eek::D

Bonny
09-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Could I bring a favorite jalapeno jelly to put on that homemade bread? It has a real kick to it & wakes up all the taste buds on a persons tongue. :D

happylabs
09-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Chili and cornbread sounds perfect! I'll bring some grated cheese and sour cream to top the chili with.

Patiently waiting to see what the DOTD is. I'm thirsty!

lbaker
09-22-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm trying to think of a DOTD that has sumpin' to do with "space junk" but I'm a bit flumoxed at the moment. Any ideas?? :confused: Corn bread (phunny thing, I just made some Pepper Jack cornbread this past weekend!!) and Chili sounds scrumptious. RICHARD, did you get a chance to taste Slicks chili while at Gini's a few years back? Best I've ever eaten :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Chili and cornbread? I am so there!!! :love:

Pinot's Mom
09-22-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't care if it is too warm (which it is); chili, cornbread and a Wasatch. I drink very little beer (and don't have chili much), but when we're in Deer Valley, Utah we indulge in Turkey Chili and a Wasatch! Great combo!:)

cassiesmom
09-22-2011, 09:58 PM
It was a nice day yesterday. Could I please have iced tea? Today was cooler out but also sunny.

happylabs
09-23-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm trying to think of a DOTD that has sumpin' to do with "space junk" but I'm a bit flumoxed at the moment. Any ideas?? :confused: Corn bread (phunny thing, I just made some Pepper Jack cornbread this past weekend!!) and Chili sounds scrumptious. RICHARD, did you get a chance to taste Slicks chili while at Gini's a few years back? Best I've ever eaten :love:

LOL...maybe they will name a drink after space junk. We could create our own. Maybe something with Tang in it since that is what the Astronauts used to drink. :D

Queen of Poop
09-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Any of that chili/cornbread left? Not really breakfast food, but since I've already been up 6 hours today what the heck.

I'm thinking Tang and champagne would be a good toast to today's falling space junk! Keep your heads up everyone!

lbaker
09-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Let's see.... Tang with Champagne, Jalapeno Cornbread & Chili. If we all BURRRRP at once we can send that space junk right back up to the Stratesphere :eek: :p :o

momoffuzzyfaces
09-23-2011, 01:22 PM
I used left over chili to make nachoes today. It was yummy!!! I'll share. :love:

happylabs
09-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Let's see.... Tang with Champagne, Jalapeno Cornbread & Chili. If we all BURRRRP at once we can send that space junk right back up to the Stratesphere :eek: :p :o

I have a friend, guy friend, who can probably burp from the other end if you know what I mean and send it way into outerspace. ROTFLMBO......

:D :p ;)

pomtzu
09-23-2011, 01:46 PM
I have a friend, guy friend, who can probably burp from the other end if you know what I mean and send it way into outerspace. ROTFLMBO......

:D :p ;)

I didn't know that you knew my brother.............:D

Lady's Human
09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Barkeep, I'll take something tall and loaded with alcohol.....

Now I've gone to a new low, I called the media to tell them about an event and agreed to be interviewed (IF the person I told them to interview doesn't agree to it.....not my party, I'm just helping)

So, if unfortunately I wind up on camera, have a drink or 10 for me. I'll even re-stock the bar after I empty it.

Pinot's Mom
09-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Hello from the large green wetland formerly known as Maryland...

Yes, chili with cornbread sound lovely, thank you! We never came up with a drink, did we? I'm not drinking TANG!! I lived through the 70's and know darn well what that tastes like! Give it to Orc. :p

pomtzu
09-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Hello from the large green wetland formerly known as Maryland...

PLEASE take all these flies, mosquitoes and gnats back to your wetland. They have flourished in this warm humid weather. Stinkbugs are on the rise too. :mad:

If Bonny dropped off any of her jalapeno jelly, I could go for some on crackers. YUM! I need to make some more.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Ewwwww!!! Why is Orc orange and sticky? :eek:

I just love a cherry rootbeer. :love:

Karen
09-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Happy Anniversary Lady's Humans! Cake!

Bonny
09-28-2011, 01:16 PM
PLEASE take all these flies, mosquitoes and gnats back to your wetland. They have flourished in this warm humid weather. Stinkbugs are on the rise too. :mad:

If Bonny dropped off any of her jalapeno jelly, I could go for some on crackers. YUM! I need to make some more.

Guaranteed! The jalapeno raspberry jelly will warm you from one end to the other & take those bug blues away. :D

pomtzu
09-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Guaranteed! The jalapeno raspberry jelly will warm you from one end to the other & take those bug blues away. :D

Now that sounds delish. Do you buy it that way, or do you have a recipe you'd care to share????? The recipe I have is just with hot peppers.

Bonny
09-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Now that sounds delish. Do you buy it that way, or do you have a recipe you'd care to share????? The recipe I have is just with hot peppers.

:) I buy the jam at the Seed Savers Exchange up the road. They get it from Clear Creek Orchard. The jam I got last week is Red Raspberry Jalapeno & is really good. Maybe add some raspberries cooked up with the hot peppers to make yourself some hot raspberry jam. :cool: There is just something about the Jalapeno Jam that puts a kick into a peanut butter sandwich. :D