PDA

View Full Version : Mystic is having problems again and I need help

catnapper
09-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Mystic had troubles with crystals last month and has been on meds and special food since. He's been a very good boy and takes everything like he should. He went for a urine recheck last wee and tested out ok. but a couple days ago I saw him have a little trouble with his boy bits. He was meowing and licking his bits, which were in a state of excitement. I never saw him do that before so I let it go because he just tested out ok.

Tonight he's trying to pee on the carpet and he is excited again, and he's meowing like it hurts. I have a couple pain pills and steroids to start tonight to see if it helps.

I do not have any spare money right now -- we're already dealing with late bills because my pay is cut in half during the summer months. But I will take him if I absolutely must. but first i'd like to see if there is anything I can do, or if anyone ever experienced this.

Freedom
09-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Sorry, but a pet in pain, I take right off to the vets.

catnapper
09-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Sorry, but a pet in pain, I take right off to the vets.

Unfortunately I do not have this luxury. In the winter time I can take everyone every week if they needed it. But summer kills me every year. We end up a couple months behind on EVERY bill by september and it takes til November/December to dig us out. it happens every year because of my job.

I have taken him or Pouncer to the vet every two weeks this summer. This suprises me because he was just pronounced healthy and crystal free a week ago. I have no idea where we'll find the money, but if he needs it I will find it somewhere. I always do. sigh.

Catty1
09-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Hopefully your vet might defer payment if Mystic has to go in again?

Prayers for your sweet boy and you. :love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear that he's not doing well again.:( Hopefully it's nothing too serious and if you need to take him to the vet that your vet will allow you to make a payment plan. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

katladyd
09-21-2011, 02:19 AM
I am so sorry to hear Mystic is having problems again. What meds is he on? Ming is on amitryptiline and I feed Blue Wilderness Duck for dry food. He always had recurring problems but with this routine, he has been fine for over two years now! I hope Mystic feels better and I hope you don't incur another vet bill.

phesina
09-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Please take him to the vet if this keeps up. He could have a blockage there, and that could be fatal.

Prayers for Mystic and you that this clears up on its own. God bless.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

happylabs
09-21-2011, 08:27 AM
I agree with the others...he needs to go to the vet.

catmandu
09-21-2011, 09:19 AM
We are sending prayers for Dear Mystic, and we pray that you can work out a deal with the Vets.
That is terrible when Our Cats are ill, and there is not enough money:(

katladyd
09-21-2011, 12:42 PM
There is nothing worse than that, I agree, Gary. In this economic climate many vets are now taking payments. They would be out of business, otherwise. Very few people have the money laying around that a vet visit for crystals requires. It's VERY expensive.:(

Catty1
09-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Kim if I had any $$ to send you, I would. I hope Mystic is doing better, and that you can make it financially no matter what happens. {{{{hugs}}}}

phesina
09-21-2011, 04:02 PM
I will make a small donation toward getting Mystic looked at. I am not working regularly right now and money is very tight, but I want Mystic to get the care he needs.

PLEASE have this checked out. It could be very dangerous.

catnapper
09-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. :love:

Sorry I haven't answered.... our electric was shut off for nearly two days. No kidding. I told you we were behind on bills :o

I called the vet yesterday because he was still miserable in the morning. I explained that we are in a dire financial situation and she agreed to let us make checks out for future deposits.

He's got nothing more than a bladder infection. The vet didn't like what she saw in the blood work so she did a series of Xrays to see if perhaps he has kidney stones (he was a GOOD boy on the Xray table)

I feel silly now that its just an infection. I just hurt when I see my guys hurting. But he's MUCH happier now that he's on the third different antibitic in two months.

Catty1
09-22-2011, 09:09 PM
I am so glad it's "just" an infection, and that your vet was so good about payments.

Hoping Mystic continues to get better, and that your finances get better soon! :love:

katladyd
09-23-2011, 12:28 AM
I know hard financial times as well as anyone. It hurts when you have to be afraid to call the vet. I'm so happy that your vet will work with you financially and that Mystic just has an infection (not that an infection is fun). I'm hoping for better times for all of you!

phesina
09-23-2011, 07:33 AM
i am SO glad your vet decided to be helpful about the bill, and I'm even more glad that it is not crystals!

Prayers and wishes for you and Mystic both to be doing much better soon!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: