PDA

View Full Version : Ellie-Mae not doing well..off to whitecoats..

carole
09-20-2011, 03:38 PM
It is with much heartache, that i tell you my sweet girl is not well, she just crashed yesterday, she has been peeing a lot, not straining or in apparent pain from what i see and know,but all the same being going a lot, she is also very unsettled, and lethargic and she just looks not so good.

She also let me pick her up and she just snuggled in to me, not my girl, she does not like being picked up or held, so i know something is not right.

Up until yesterday, she was beginning to gain some weight, although i did not think her coat was looking good,very oily and scraggy and also has a lot of that kind of dandruff stuff.,but other than that she had not displayed signs of being unwell or really sick until yesterday.

I frankly fear the worst , and i know that i am probably going to get bad news,so am prepared for it, but still i can only hope i am wrong and things are not as bad as they seem, Ellie and I have been through a lot together, and after all of that it would be so sad to find out she is seriously ill.

I have to hope it is something we can fix and she will be ok,my thoughts are going with Thryoid,CRF,or liver, although i am not picking the last one, i hope it is none of the above and Ellie can have some medication that will fix her and make her well again.

I am feeling very nervous about this appointment at 2pm today, my wee girl will be so stressed going there too,not that i blame her, i am seeing my vet who performed all the surgery on her a few months back, so that is good as he knows her history ,and he is so gentle and kind to her.

Please be thinking of Ellie and prayers and good thoughts are always appreciated, thanks for listening.

Queen of Poop
09-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Sending prayers and good thoughts to both you and dear Ellie. :love::love:

pomtzu
09-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Ellie here - sending positive vibes to Ellie. Get feeling better soon - please pretty girl?? :)

Taz_Zoee
09-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Poor Ellie-Mae. I will be hoping that it is nothing serious and she will be better soon.

phesina
09-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Oh, Carole and Ellie-Mae,

I am so sorry to read of this down-turn. We are all praying so very hard and sending along all our love and warmth and healing, strengthening energies.

Your love for each other shines through so brightly and truly, and it will always be with you both.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,

Pat, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, Sparkler, Lavinia, and Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

carole
09-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Thank you, well getting closer, my stomach is in knots, let us hope it is something some antibiotics can fix, she is off her food a little, but still eating, have not seen her drink, so giving her some via syringe to make sure she is getting some, she does eat wet food so that all helps.

I managed to get a pee sample for the vet, i had some plastic things they gave me ages ago for Ash, which we never managed to use as he would not use litter boxes,and good lil Ellie did hop in there, so i am relieved about that, i am sure he will want one,and i was not having a needle put in her bladder, she has been through enough my wee girl, of course she might need a blood test, but we shall see, anyhow will keep you all posted once i have seen my vet.

Fingers and all paws crossed for a positive outcome, thanks again everyone, it helps to share my concerns.:love:

phesina
09-20-2011, 07:30 PM
All paws and fingers crossed HERE on the other side of the globe from you for a positive outcome too!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
09-20-2011, 08:11 PM
All paws and fingers crossed HERE on the other side of the globe from you for a positive outcome too!

Same here!!

Pinot's Mom
09-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Same here!!

Paws crossed and prayers here, too!:love:

Catty1
09-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Prayers for dear Ellie Mae!:love::love:

carole
09-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Ok well we are back, the news is not great, but then it is not all bad either,Ellie has an enlarged liver it seems, it could be just an infection of the liver, in which case the antibiotic injection will clear that up, she will need another two injections two weeks apart, the not so good news it could be tumour,however for now we will see how this works,.

I am hoping it is only an infection, as i have made the decision Ellie will not be put through any more surgery, it was extremely hard on her the last two major surgeries and i am not prepared to go down that road again, i will let her go peacefully, if that is the case,however i am thinking positive and hoping it is just an infection, she has even picked up a bit since we came home.

Ellie was yet again the perfect patient, she never moves, honestly she just is so scared and trembles poor wee soul,but such a model patient even when the vet put the thermometer you know where, she never even moved, has a slight temperature too.

The good news because i got the pee sample, he did the dipstick tests which showed her kidneys are functioning well, so that is one good thing.

She is such a darling wee girl, and since her other surgery, has now got a much more gentle nature,obviously the pain was making her bad tempered, gosh i can relate to that one lol, but then most of us can from time to time.

here are some pics of my girl before we left for the vet, as always Ellie just poses in the most cute positions for my camera,she is my little cutie pie for sure. You can actually see in the pic how bad her fur looks, apparently the liver problem can indeed cause this as well, the main reason i thought it was thyroid because of her fur condition and she eats a lot some times but does not gain weight, she has lost weight unfortunately, only 3.1 kgs at the moment.

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I hope that it's only an infection too and that the antibiotic injection will clear her up quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

carole
09-20-2011, 11:42 PM
yes me too, but i am not holding my breath on that one,

On the last visit she had when her operations were over,he did notice it was a bit enlarged then, but it could have been due to the steroids at that stage, however it is significantly bigger now, but that was not such a bad thing, as he said a tumour is more slow growing , so that may well be a good thing, she does not have any jaundice either and also the rueben test, i think that is what he called it, no idea of the spelling was negative,now i think i got my facts all correct there.

I have been reading it is also important to have her thyroid tested especially in cats who are showing liver type symptons,as it can be the thyroid causing the liver to enlarge,so after her injections i think a full blood work is what we shall be doing.

She is curled up asleep at the moment, ate a little, but not drinking, so have to syringe her every now and then, lil monkey, she seems more settled than she was yesterday, he did not really know why she was so agitated yesterday, but i am happy to say she is not so today, she spend the night snuggled up to me, it was so cute.,granted i hardly got a good nights sleep as she was snuggled up in my side and lexie at my feet, not much room to move lol.:)

katladyd
09-21-2011, 02:14 AM
I have just now read this and once again I am praying hard for dear little Ellie-Mae. Get well soon, sweetie!:love:

carole
09-21-2011, 04:04 AM
thank you i think Ellie needs all the good thoughts and prayers she can get, she does seem a little better tonight, ate some food, not drinking that i can see, but i am using the syringe,she is much more contented with her sleep than yesterday and last night, so that is a blessing.

We just have to wait about six weeks, to see if it is an infection and the treatment has worked, i hope with all my heart and soul, that this is the case.

phesina
09-21-2011, 07:35 AM
We are hoping and praying so much too that it is just an infection and the treatment works.

God bless you and Ellie-Mae and your whole family of beloved beings, Carole.

catmandu
09-21-2011, 09:22 AM
:love::love::love:
We are sending all of our prayers for Ellie Mae , and our Awesome Angels are visting with her now so she will have thier comfort:love::love::love:
We are praying that it is nothing seious and that Your Loved Cat Companion will be all right:):):):)

kuhio98
09-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Carole ~ Just seeing this now. Adding my prayers to everyone elses for Ellie-Mae.

Randi
09-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Carole, I so hope it's "just" an infection and that the treatment works. Ellie-Mae is such a sweetheart and hopefully you'll have a long together yet. Snuggle with her as much as you can, and please give her some kisses from me. :love:

Fister and I keeping all paws and fingers crossed for her.

Felicia's Mom
09-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers to Ellie-Mae.:love:

carole
09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks everyone i am sure Ellie would give you all a big purr of thanks if she could, good news she has picked up this morning, i can see the difference in her , i picked her up for a cuddle,(which she normally does not like,)and she tried to get away and jumped down, good signs for Ellie, as yesterday she snuggled in to me and slept, not usual for my girl.

She has eaten pretty good this morning, and she just looks more bright eyed, and she does not seem to be agitated anymore, slept soundly with me last night,she was not as agitated yesterday before the treatment so not sure what was going on there.

So let us hope all these signs are pointing towards an infection only and she will make a good recovery, still got two more injections to go as well, i am not sure if it is an infection why they happen and if it can come back, i forgot to ask my vet that, but will find out next visit.

Again please keep those prayers and good vibes and thoughts coming, we appreciate it very much and is such a comfort to me,thank you my dear friends , it means such a lot to me.

Ellie is so special to me, all my cats are really, but because we have been through so much together and she is a rescue cat,just means so much that she will make a good recovery and be with us for many years to come, here's hoping.

Catty1
09-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Great news! Kissies to Ellie-Mae (if she will accept them ;) ). Hope she keeps on thriving. :love::love:

carole
09-21-2011, 06:30 PM
me too Candace, i imagine we shall be on another roller coaster ride, never much fun , but here's hoping for the best, it will take at least six weeks for her to get over it competely as she needs those three injections two wks apart, oh fun ellie will just love seeing the vet every two weeks,she is such a good wee girl though, but stressful for her, does not have happy memories from there. I can hardly blame her.

mrspunkysmom
09-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Hope she continues to improve. :love:

mathteach
09-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Bentley, Butler, and I send you our prayers.

phesina
09-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Good news! Continuing prayers and good wishes and healing energies for Ellie-Mae and you both, Carole.

jennielynn1970
09-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out for sweet Ellie-Mae. Feel better sweetheart!!!

Scooter's Mom
09-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Sending prayers for Ellie Mae!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Prayers on the way from me for you and sweet Ellie-Mae. :love::love:

carole
09-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Ellie is doing even better today, she ate her two platefuls of food which is normal for her these days, and she certainly looks so much brighter, she crashed a bit last night, so i was a bit concerned, and there was a sneeze this morning, but only one, she does sound a wee bit raspy in the chest though, so fingers and all paws crossed, the antibiotics seem to be working and of course the wonderful power of PT as always, thanks my friends, will keep you all posted on her progress,she is not peeing as much either, but enough so that i am not concerned that she is dehydrated.

katladyd
09-23-2011, 12:31 AM
I keep thing of and praying for sweet Ellie-Mae. Get better soon, sweet kitty girl!:love:

carole
09-23-2011, 04:47 AM
She had a good day, ate so well, and she just looks so much happier and contented, these are all such good signs,long may they continue, and thank you for thinking of her and taking the time to read my posts and reply, your caring means so much to me.:)

phesina
09-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Oh, that's so good to read. More prayers and love and healing energies to you.

Keep on keeping on, Ellie-Mae!

carole
09-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Yes Pat she seems much better, so we shall have her two more injections and hope for the best, it can come back unfortunately, but we just have to count our blessings, Ellie been through so much, and the good news is her mouth is good now, so we have beaten that, and there was like only a 30 per cent chance it would work, which is why i did not proceed with it earlier, only when the tumor appeared,i kind of wish i had done it earlier, but we cannot look back only to the future now.

Yes i hope she continues to improve and feel better, you can just tell she is feeling better, eyes brighter, sleeping happier , eating well, and peeing a lot less.so fingers and all paws crossed long may it continue.

phesina
09-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Good work, Ellie-Mae and Carole!

Pinot's Mom
09-23-2011, 08:23 PM
More prayers from Ellicott City for dear Ellie Mae to be 100% very soon!:love: