PDA

View Full Version : frisbee food

animal crazy
11-12-2000, 11:08 AM
my dog likes to play frisbee food which is a game I made up.I get foods say like ham cut in a circle and I'll throw it and she'll catch it ,,but if she don't catch it she won't eat it.. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

ktreva52
11-12-2000, 08:02 PM
Bad news -- people food such as you are using is not very good for the dog. It will mess up their nutritional balance and generally leads to a fat dog which is totally unhealthy. There are other things you could use for this new sport such as "flip chips" of rawhide or something along these lines. You also might start using a small real frisbee and train her to be a frisbee champion. Please don't use people food for her. I had one dog that we used to let lick plates after we were through (I know -- sounds awful) and she got quite fat. Once we stopped the practice, she dropped weight and at 11 years of age, looks great. Maybe you could just use some of her regular food and teach her to catch. It's a very impressive trick and makes you and your dog look very clever.

*BaSim*
01-13-2001, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by ktreva52:
Bad news -- people food such as you are using is not very good for the dog. It will mess up their nutritional balance and generally leads to a fat dog which is totally unhealthy. There are other things you could use for this new sport such as "flip chips" of rawhide or something along these lines. You also might start using a small real frisbee and train her to be a frisbee champion. Please don't use people food for her. I had one dog that we used to let lick plates after we were through (I know -- sounds awful) and she got quite fat. Once we stopped the practice, she dropped weight and at 11 years of age, looks great. Maybe you could just use some of her regular food and teach her to catch. It's a very impressive trick and makes you and your dog look very clever.

Well my neighbor has had a dog for 17 years fed it people all its life that thing is healthier than any pedigre fed dog.... so i think it is allright for dogs to get people food...just think out in the wild they would eat other animals such as pigs (ham) so who cares what the dog looks like as long as its happy and in good health i feeed my dog people all the time theres nothing rong wiht him!!!

------------------
*.:;BaSim;:.*