PDA

View Full Version : On-brink-of-cat: Please celebrate with me PT friends

AmberLee
09-15-2011, 05:20 PM
After mourning a number of months, I found myself at a cat rescue adoption faire today. I met a pair of brothers who to me look like KAK's Storm. I've passed the phone interview and am to meet face-to-face to do paperwork etc with the woman who's fostering them. I hope to get photos, but am a little leery of figuring out how to post from my new camera. Please celebrate with me. I'm so thrilled and happy. My biggest worries? How to tell the darlings apart and how to remember their names? It's so silly, but I keep blanking on their names. You should see how sweet and gorgeous they are! :love: :) :love:

AmberLee
09-15-2011, 05:23 PM
D'oh, my brain is dead. They look to be about 12 pounds each, and I think they recently turned 4 years old. Long hair, gorgeous blue-gray coats and each has light green eyes and charcoal nose leathers. They are playful, shy, and SWEET.

slick
09-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Congrats AmberLee. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. :)

Taz_Zoee
09-15-2011, 05:51 PM
That is so exciting!!

(I must apologize, somehow I completely missed that your beautiful Cassy is no longer with you. :()

Once you get them, learn their personalities and can remember their names (:p) you will be able to tell them apart with no problems. :)

I also can't wait for pictures. :D

Karen
09-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Also, pretty collars or even ribbons will help for the first few days, until you get to know them, and their individual personalities! And congratulations, we are excited for you!

astrid
09-15-2011, 06:56 PM
how exciting, congratulations!

phesina
09-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Oh, that is so nice!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Felicia's Mom
09-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Congratulations AmberLee!

maerlyn
09-15-2011, 09:53 PM
They sound breathtaking! And congrats to you - how exciting, to be adopting two new children! May you have many, many happy and healthy years together!:love:

cassiesmom
09-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Congratulations, Amberlee!

AmberLee
09-15-2011, 10:27 PM
My sister, younger nephew, and I stopped in to oh and aw over them tonight. They were born April 2007 and one is Calvin and one is Fuzz. One has blue-ish green eyes and the other has amber green eyes. Details to follow. :D

happylabs
09-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Exciting for sure! Two new kitties to love and dote on. So sorry to hear of the passing of your other kitties.

Looking forward to pics as well and stories. :)

katladyd
09-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I am so happy for you! Your post truly made my day. I can't wait to see pics of these adorable boys!!!:D

krazyaboutkatz
09-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Congrats!!!:D This is wonderful news and I'm thrilled for you.:) I knew that you always had a soft spot for blue kitties like my Storm and now I'm so glad that you found not one but two brothers that'll get to share their lives with you. I can't wait to hear more about them and to see some pictures of them too.:)

I'm sure that in time you'll be able to easily tell them apart. When I first got Alani & Blaze it was hard for me to tell them apart but then I learned about a few of their different markings and they also have very different personalities too. Good luck with them and I hope you'll be able to enjoy each others company for many many years to come.:)

catmandu
09-16-2011, 09:34 AM
:love::love::love:
Con Cat Ulations Amber Lee on your adoption of those Great Gray Cats:love::love:
They are not that old at four, but many people would not take them in for that reason.:love::love:
We know that You and Your New Cat Companions will be happy and Your Cat Angel:love: will be happy to have Two Proteges ^^ ^^.
:love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Wonderful news indeed!!! Congrats to all of you!!! :D:love:

momcat
09-16-2011, 06:11 PM
What lucky kitties to have found YOU!!! They both are going to enjoy a life filled with love and care, your new kitties could not have picked a better Meowmie! Any word about when the adoption will be final? Please keep us updated, we want to give them a proper PT welcome :D :D

AmberLee
09-17-2011, 12:26 AM
The boy-os are home and are slowing exploring the premises. I need to crash now, I'm hoping one or both of the darlings might be brave enough to join me in the big bed. More details to follow.

Both boys are roughly 16 pounds and shy, gentle giants. Fuzz (soon to be called Huckleberry) is a little shyer of the two, but more of a cuddle bug. He let me cuddle him prior to the paperwork earlier today. Calvin (not positive if I'm sticking with this name either...) is a hair bolder, but a little more independent. One has blue-green eyes and the other amber-green. I need to look at their paperwork to tell which one's which.

G'night dear PT buddies. :love:

kitten645
09-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Much love to you and yours. xxx000

krazyaboutkatz
09-17-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm so glad to hear that you were able to adopt them and just in time for your birthday tomorrow.:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBERLEE!!! I hope that both boys let you snuggle with them and they give you purrs and kitty kisses too. Enjoy your day.:)

phesina
09-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Welcome HOME, Huckleberry and Calvin!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

sasvermont
09-17-2011, 08:44 AM
I am glad you are able to give two grown cats, a new and safe home. So many people want to get a kitten and not an older cat. And in your case, you have TWO new guys. I bet they are SO happy now.

Let us know how their first night went and if they ever joined you in the big bed!

Keep us posted. And....congratulations.....:D

Barbara
09-17-2011, 09:39 AM
How wonderful- it will be difficult to say who of you three will be happier:)
As for not being able to tell who is who- I know that Sasvermont cannot tell her own kitties apart once they are speeding (and if it's not Lucy ;)).
And while we here have some very nicely differentiated specimen they come together when you rattle the treat box ;)
Maybe the different eye color willl give you a clue.

Randi
09-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Congratulations to you, and to Calvin and Hucklyberry! How exiting! :D I'm so happy for you! Just in time for your Birthday, too. :) They will thrive and soon be sleeping with you.

Please keep us updated, and learn to post pics! ;) If you can send them by e-mail, I can upload them for you.

Bengalz
09-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Awesome birthday presents Amberlee - Congratulations:D Your boys sound wonderful and will bring you lots of joy:love:

gini
09-17-2011, 01:59 PM
What a grand way to celebrate your birthday..........with two awesome presents for yourself!

Malibu's Mom
09-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Congratulations!! What wonderful birthday presents. :D I'm sure you'll be able to tell them apart in no time.

If you want to post pics, you can go to a site like http://imageshack.us/, upload them there and copy the direct link. Then come back here, click insert image (the icon with a little mountain on it), then paste the link inside the brackets. :)

AmberLee
09-18-2011, 12:58 AM
I regret to inform you that we have not achieved cuddle time here at the house YET. But I played 'fluffy on a stick' with one of the sweet boy-os. Huckleberry (the cat formerly known as Fuzz) and Sligo (the cat formerly known as Calvin) are playing, somebody swatted my rump as I napped today, food is being crunchied, litter box visits are happening ... I think cuddles and groomings are soon to happen.

Note: Sligo is the name of the county in Ireland that Dad's family came from. In America we pronounce it Sly-go, which seemed cute for a darling kitty.

Note 2: I put my new digital camera somewhere safe, but I forget where it is. I don't know how to download photos from my mom's camera. She loaned it to me to document my darlings.

chocolatepuppy
09-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Congrats on your new cats!!!:love: I can't wait to see pics!:D

Barbara
09-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Oh I love the name of Sligo- I thought Sly-go right away and I think it is a great cat name. A cat who swats you in the night is a curious cat and will soon be a cuddly cat. I hope you figure out one of 2 things: either where you put your camera or how to download from your mom's;)

phesina
09-18-2011, 08:32 AM
It might take a little time.. they're probably very shy after all the changes in their lives recently.

krazyaboutkatz
09-18-2011, 03:43 PM
It sound like things are going well and I'm sure you'll be getting some cuddles from your boys very soon.:) I too hope to see some pictures of your boys.:)

AmberLee
09-19-2011, 03:20 AM
Thanks, all. I'm trying not to get discouraged. The boys have had huge changes in their lives over the last few months. (But I did hope they would come around sooner than they have. :( :confused: )

Scooter's Mom
09-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Thanks, all. I'm trying not to get discouraged. The boys have had huge changes in their lives over the last few months. (But I did hope they would come around sooner than they have. :( :confused: )

It took Charlie (who used to be a Calvin) several months before he came around. He had a hard time before we adopted him. But, I am so grateful we did. He's a velcro kitty. Wherever I go, he is my shadow. When I go to the other room, he follows. When I get up to go to the little girls room at night and come back to bed, all I hear is a series of "meow, meow, meow" until I lay down and start petting him.

I know you want them to be there with you showing love and affection, but give them a little time. It will happen. Don't give up on them.

katladyd
09-19-2011, 01:11 PM
It took Kimba about 4 months to really adjust. He had been abandoned twice and he just wasn't ready to trust people. I couldn't blame him at all! Now, he's the biggest lover of all my cats. Just loves laps and gives almost non-stop head bumpies and purrs. It will happen, just give it some time. Loves and kisses to your boys.:love:

AmberLee
09-20-2011, 02:08 AM
Thank you for the encouragement. My head agrees with you, but my heart hoped for a faster response. Boy, what an unreasonable heart, eh?

sasvermont
09-20-2011, 10:50 AM
I bet it is hard to want them to be lovey dovey and yet they are not yet. I would buy a laser pen and a few fishing pole type toys, where they need you to be at the other end, to play. They will associate you with the toys. I would also give them treats at the same time. If they didn't have each other, they may have been friendlier too, but it IS nice to have them be happy with just each other for the time being.

My cats go through stages of being friendly and then not so much. They have their moods and rules.

I hope they boys get friendly soon! I would hate to have your heart break!

My advice is play, play, play!

Good luck.

AmberLee
09-24-2011, 04:29 AM
I hadn't thought of the treats WITH the pole toys and the laser games. Hmmm. One of the boys is fascinated by the laser light, the other is VERY dubious. :eek: Babysteps of progresses ... a heck of a lot slower than I'd hoped for/dreamed of.

mrspunkysmom
09-24-2011, 06:06 PM
If it is in them, they will accept cuddles in their own time. :love: Play is good. :)

Jane was 5 months when I rescued her so she adapted fairly quick. Bob and Emily are adults and I have had them for 3 months tomorrow. :love: Bob is learning to play and he started that first. My kittehs taught him to play. Now he does sleep with me on the bed sometimes and will get up on a low cat furniture for some scritches. He doesn't like to be approached for lovies and still doesn't like to be picked up. I'm working on it.

Emily will let you hold her for a minute, but then wants down. She sleeps on the pillow next to me. She does not like other cats. She's been 13 years on her own.

Keep on trying. y'all will get there. :)

AmberLee
09-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Dual cat fondling breakthrough at my house today. Happy tears, finally! Hoping for a cuddling session, soon. :love::love::love:

Scooter's Mom
09-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Dual cat fondling breakthrough at my house today. Happy tears, finally! Hoping for a cuddling session, soon. :love::love::love:

That's terrific news!

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2011, 08:49 PM

This is wonderful news!!!:)

kaycountrygal
09-24-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm happy for you and your two new big fur babies. I'm looking forward to seeing photos. Be patient and they will be good cuddlers.

mrspunkysmom
09-24-2011, 11:30 PM

All Right! Cuddles are on the way. One day at a time! Emily and Bob have taught me that.

AmberLee
09-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Thanks for your good wishes and encouragement. I've really needed them this past week. Off to fondle my darlings now, assuming there's been no back sliding! :eek:

phesina
09-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Hallelujah!!!

mrspunkysmom
09-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for your good wishes and encouragement. I've really needed them this past week. Off to fondle my darlings now, assuming there's been no back sliding! :eek:

I do know how you feel. It's so nice to come home to unconditional love. :love:

PH, any chance of pictures soon?

AmberLee
09-28-2011, 04:18 AM
:o :eek: I put my new camera 'somewhere safe' and can't locate it. My darling mom loaned me hers, but I'm not sure how to download photos from it. I haven't given up yet, but other things are taking priority right now.

Today BOTH cats wanted brushies at once. HaPpY DaNcInG!!!!

Scooter's Mom
09-28-2011, 07:22 AM
:o :eek: I put my new camera 'somewhere safe' and can't locate it. My darling mom loaned me hers, but I'm not sure how to download photos from it. I haven't given up yet, but other things are taking priority right now.

That's great progress! Sounds like you're going to have two great friends :)

phesina
09-28-2011, 12:07 PM

Happy dancing from over here, too!!!!! Congratulations, all!

Killearn Kitties
10-01-2011, 04:13 PM
What wonderful news! :D:D Many congratulations on your new additions.
I just can't wait to see photos. :love:

AmberLee
10-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Good news: Camera found!!! :D

D'oh news: Software for downloads was on the computer that I drowned in Ginger Ale. (Major d'oh moment. :rolleyes: :o)

Great news: Albeit the boys still have major shy moments, they are asking for daily lovey sessions/grooming session. Yeah!!! Today I rather freaked one out when I kissed him, I think the poor darling thought I was going to bite him. I do have days having trouble telling them apart (Bad cat meowmy) but find them SO adorable. :love:

Weird news: I took a nap this afternoon and woke to being stared out in unison. I hope I hadn't been snoring or something hideous in catdom. :eek:

Barbara
10-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Obviously they are teaming up against you ;)

shais_mom
11-29-2011, 06:50 PM
:)hi there AmberLee! How are the new boys settling in? And do you have any pics yet?
:)

AmberLee
12-03-2011, 03:07 AM
The boys are settling in very nicely, thanks. Some days I may stroke them and some I may brush them and some ... I may merely look at them. Huckleberry is the shyest of the two. On these colder evenings he is considering climbing in my lap, but I so far have foolishly held out my hands to help him up and it frightens him away again. I am trying to remember to let him go at his own pace. :love:

I have not yet had camera in hand when they are accessible, but still have hopes of getting them sometime when they are not in the midst of bathing or something... :rolleyes:

Karen
12-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Aww, glad they are settling in! Oh, isn't it hard when you want to love all over a kitty, and they are still too shy? An exercise in patience for sure!

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm so glad to hear that they're both settling in nicely.:) My Ziggy took her good old time to also settle in and want to be a part of the family. It took her about 3 years until she really felt comfortable with me and the other cats. I'm sure that in time your boys will become much more comfortable too.:)