PDA

View Full Version : I think I "Fall"en Thursday #447

RICHARD
09-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Just stopped in to open the thread.

It's feeling like FALL here in KY.

Pretty strange considering September in CA is hellaciously warm, there is the Santa Ana Winds and the brushfire danger!

I think it's time to clean out the fireplace, put up the patio furniture and start to bake scads of bread!

I think a spiced/mulled cider is in order!

DONE.....

-----------------------

What is your weather?

happylabs
09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Pumpkin Bread and Spiced cider. Yum!

Karen
09-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the land where seasons actually have meaning! Have you smelled woodsmoke in the mornings yet, Richard?

smokey the elder
09-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Mmmm, mulled cider, and fresh bread! The temperature is supposed to plummet to 40 F by tomorrow night! Yesterday it was 85!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Pumkin bread and apple cider for me too. It got down in the low 40s here last night. What with the rain and wind we had with it, I wimped out and turned the furnace on for a bit this morning. The old arthritis really hates being cold. Going to be back in the 80s in a day or so though. :love:

slick
09-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Just going into a meeting, so Richard, load me up with chili with lots of beans...... :eek::p

I'll be back for a drink later.

RICHARD
09-15-2011, 04:02 PM
There is nothing like a good pumpkin bread with plenty of walnuts..butter too!

Cider for everyone and chili/beans for the important people.

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
09-15-2011, 04:55 PM
ahhh, but don't put that patio furniture up yet! You're in for a treat, Mr. Left Coast! Leave those chairs out, stoke up an outdoor fire pit & pour a nice mug of cider to watch the leaves change! Besides, there will probably be another warm spell!

slick
09-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Brrrrr, OK, today I'm in jeans and a sweatshirt and this is the first day that I really feel "fall". It's raining here also. I was telling Merlin last night that the Christmas tree is going up in a couple of months.... :)

Could I please have a spanish coffee to warm me up???

Happy weekend everyone.:love:

lbaker
09-16-2011, 12:33 PM
When you do sit outside when "Indian Summer" hits (occasionally in the Fall) just watch out for FALLing acorns. When they BONK you on the head it can hurt!! :eek::eek: Irish Coffee or mulled cider for me. I'll join the others with punkin' bread fresh from the oven and creamy butter :love: Some nice aged wood for the fire pit and away we go :D

Cataholic
09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
LOL, we have a weather wimp on our hands! We still will get hit with some freakishly warm weather, I am sure. So, put your thermals on hold, Richard.

I will take some white wine- it is still 'in season' to me. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-16-2011, 02:43 PM
A flock of geese flew over my house last night. I love watching them and hearing them honk!!! Guess there were looking for a place to bed down for the evening since they were flying east. Maybe they were heading to Kentucky to visit Richard!!! :D

Can I have a refill on the pumpkin bread and cider? :love: