PDA

View Full Version : Cataract surgery

Barbara
09-15-2011, 03:48 AM
Dear all,
I had cataract surgery on the right eye on Tuesday and will have the left eye done next Tuesday. I am not allowed to read until Saturday so I have no idea about birthdays, Pearl being COTD etc.
I promise to catch up on the weekend before I leave for No-Read country next week again.
And for all who followed the thread about Betty in Cat General- there will be a surprise !!!!!!! It is so good I am home this week and next (I cannot drive either ;)) ..........Good timing!
Barbara
P.S. Surgery went well- it is embarrassing to see so differently with the 2 eyes but that is all- and will get ok in time.
P.P.S. I didn't read this post- nobody said that writing isn't allowed;)

Karen
09-15-2011, 08:24 AM
We'll be thinking of you!

Freedom
09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
P.P.S. I didn't read this post- nobody said that writing isn't allowed;)

ROFL!!!! Oh my, you are funny!

Best wishes w/ healing and the 2d eye. My Dad had both done, he now sees better than I do.

lizbud
09-15-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm glad to hear that all went well with the first surgery. Hope the same
for the next one.:) Rest up & get well Barbara.:)

phesina
09-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Best wishes and good healing energies are being sent to you from us! We're glad the first round went well and wishing the same for the next one.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

sasvermont
09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Wow, Barbara, I wish you a speedy recovery. I know a man (friend of a friend) who just went through eye one and is waiting a couple of weeks to have eye two corrected. It seems that the procedure is pretty secure now and patients fly right through the process.

Rest up and follow the orders. Typing is allowed, I think! LOL!

Hugs and get well wishes from all the campers and Sas

:love::love::love::love:XOXOXOXO

gini
09-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Barbara, such good news with the first eye - now here's to the second and you will be good to go.

xxoo Gini

smokey the elder
09-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Good luck! I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't read, but I guess the results are worth it!

slick
09-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Sending hugs and prayers your way :love:

Bengalz
09-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Take good care of those eyes my friend and enjoy well earned rest. Our stories will always wait for you to catch up.:D

I'll bet your little furry nurses are beside themselves having mommy around to cuddle and play with:D:D

krazyaboutkatz
09-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Barbara, I'm glad to hear that your first cataract surgery went well and I hope that the one in your other eye will also go well.:) You'll hopefully be able to catch up with all of the news on PT later. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Karen
09-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Be glad - once you are allowed to read this - that you are having this done now. When my Great Uncle had it done, more than 50 years ago, he had to lie flat in bed for two week, with a sandbag on either side of his head and one on his forehead!

Cataholic
09-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Good news on the first, and good luck on the second!!! The no reading part would be so difficult! But, good eyes are worth the sacrifice.

Randi
09-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Barbara, I'm glad to hear the cataract surgery on the first eye went well, I'm sure the other one will, too. :) A nuisance that you can't read, but you will be able to soon.

I may have to get it done within a few years, also, I missed my spring appointment with the eye doctor. I really need new screen glasses.

Wishing you all the best on the next one! :)

pomtzu
09-16-2011, 04:54 PM
You will be so happy with the results once you have both done. I had both done 3 years ago, and it was the easiest, quickest, most pain free procedure that I ever had. Of course the results were just awesome - no more glasses except for reading, and I could finally see true colors again. The worst hassle was the eyedrops for several weeks, but a small price to pay for perfect vision. I hope your results are as great as mine.

Barbara
09-17-2011, 10:11 AM
I agree- it was easy and painfree. The only problem is that now with only one eye done I have very different vision on both eyes. Left eye with glasses sees sharp in reading distance. Right eye with glasses doesn't see anything.
Right eye without glasses sees sharp on reading distance, left eye without glasses doesn't see anything.
For the first time in my life I am searching for my glasses- as I prefer now to already to walk without them.
Well, Tuesday is the next and during the next week I have to kittensit anyway ;)

pomtzu
09-17-2011, 02:33 PM
For the first time in my life I am searching for my glasses- as I prefer now to already to walk without them.

That's funny, but I know exactly what you mean. It took me 2 or 3 weeks to get out of the habit of looking for my glasses. When you've worn glasses for over 50 years, then old habits are hard to break. ;)

Catty1
09-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Best of luck with your second surgery. :):love:

Too bad you have to sit around with tiny kittens.... :p;):D