PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Not Feeling Well....She's have the Runs...It's just a mess

Anikaca77
09-10-2011, 11:00 PM
As some of you are aware Mama who was the pregnant cat staying in our bathroom was taken to her foster home last Tuesday evening. Since then we found little spots of poo which was odd b/c they got their bathroom back so I figured they would be happy.

Well little spots of poo kept showing up till finally I got a hold of Ashley and it was all over her butt. I gave her a bath yesterday evening and got her cleaned up and she didn't fight me which was odd. So she was all clean and this morning I got up and more poo was on the counter in the bathroom and I finally got a hold of Ashley once again and she had more poo on her butt. Bath time again...so this time I with held food for the part of the day and gave her food around 10 p.m. She doesn't like be kept in the bathroom and she escapes very easily so I had her in there and now she's out again.

Her poor butt is really swollen and I'm going to get some regular pumpkin tomorrow to see if that helps her and I'll try some yogurt too but this poor girl, I just feel so bad for her.

I am feeding them Purina One Sensitive Systems & Skin formula which I've been feeding them this since about June.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm going to try to get her back in the bathroom b/c I can't have poo everywhere.

She is 7 years old now and I was looking up thyroid stuff too because the back of her coat is a little rough from her not cleaning it or something.

I will probably be making a vet appt. for her on Monday. I just hope this isn't anything serious.

Please keep her in your thoughts.

Thanks,
melissa

krazyaboutkatz
09-11-2011, 01:22 AM
Poor Ashley.:( I'm sorry to hear that her tummy isn't feeling well. I've dealt with sensitive tummy cats a lot and right now both Alani & Blaze also have sensitive tummies. I have to feed them a mainly dry food diet that's high in fiber. They get some Wellness canned no more than 2 times a week and I mix it in with their dry food. They also get some chicken broth almost every day to help with their moisture intake. So far so good. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Ashley's way. Hopefully it isn't anything serious.

phesina
09-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are being sent to dear Ashley. We all hope she will be well again and back to normal very soon.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
09-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Poor Little Ashley:(
Having the runs is embarrasing for a Clean Animal like a Cat, and no doubt that Ashley feels badly that she is leaving little messies everwhere:eek:
We are praying that Ashley will be better very soon:love:

Anikaca77
09-14-2011, 12:54 PM
I took Ashley to the vets on Monday afternoon and I wasn't able to get a fecal from her before the appt. The vet checked her out and her temp was normal. Luckly the pumpkin was kicking in I think because she didn't have any accidents in the carrier or at the vets. The vet examed her and she was swollen of course around her bum and he said he thinks she has a small intestinal infection and that I should continue to give her some pumpkin and give her 1/2 Metronidazole Flagyl 250 mg pill.

She got her first dose at 3 p.m. on Monday, second dose at 5 p.m. on Tuesday because she was being very difficult...and then 5 a.m. today.

Her poo was firming up yesterday and I gave her a small bit of dry food and a bowl of pumpkin again.

Now today she got just a little bit more of dry food and pumpkin and now she has the runs. Her dry food was pulled and I'm waiting to hear back from the vets.

They gave me this pill before for Albert who had the runs and it made him worse so I had to stop it and give him this powder mix from Purina and that seemed to help him but I don't know what's up with Ashley.

Please keep her in your thoughts.

Thanks,
Melissa

Anikaca77
09-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Please continue the prays for Ms. Ashley. Poor girl was just laying there last night and I could tell something was right with her and all of a sudden I lifted up her tail and some soft poo came out.

She didn't even get up.

Please continue the prayers for her. I'm worried but overnight she did eat and drink well so that's good.

Melissa

Medusa
09-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Oh dear, poor girl Ashley. How is she today, Melissa?

Anikaca77
09-20-2011, 07:08 AM
Oh dear, poor girl Ashley. How is she today, Melissa?

Mary-

Thanks for asking, I finally heard back from the vets and they think it's Inflammatory bowel disease and they want me to start her on predinsone so I had that at home already because of Apollo and Sophia having asthma so they told me to start it twice a day starting today.

They told me to stop the Metronidazole Flagyl 250 mg pill and the Purina FortiFlora mix over her food so last night I gave her a small handfull of Purina Sensitive Stomach food just dry and boy she just went to town. I think she was happy to get some non crappy food for once and this morning there were more spots on the floor but hopefully if I get her on some food that won't irritate her bowels then maybe this will help I hope.

Melissa

phesina
09-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Oh, well that's good news that the vets have some better ideas now of what is going on with Ashley. We hope and pray and send good healing energies that she will be feeling much better very soon and not having these little accidents.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

sasvermont
09-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Here is the link to the Dr. doing the research on TF:

http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/docs/personnel/gookin_jody.html

Hope this helps.

emily_the_spoiled
09-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Another one of my guys was just put on prednisone for IBD. I have gone to a diet of feeding them cooked rice, cooked chicken, and canned pumpkin (with appropriate supplements). It has helped (and they love it), but you might want to try something like that for your little one.

(BTW, Buddy aka Wobbles has decided that diet is the BEST thing!)