PDA

View Full Version : need HELP!!!

Nomilynn
11-08-2002, 11:40 PM
We have a serious need for prayer here... (Cinder & Smoke.. please get on the horn to God ASAP!!! :()

My friend has rescued a five week old kitten (an orange tabby named "Crush" and she's a SHE!!) and it's very sick! She weighs half a pound and is malnourished (rescued from a barn). She has been to the vet, but of course he's closed now, and she just puked her antibiotics. Here are her symptoms:

lethargic
diarreah (4 days)
some vomiting
only active for 30 mins but sleeps the rest of the time
not eating
cold - temp. is 33 degrees celcius
does drink some
weak
dehydrated

The vet thinks it might be coccidia, but other things can't be ruled out because she is too young to be tested for leukemia. She is taking antibiotics but she just puked her first dose (after ~2 hours).

Any advice would be appreciated, and LOTS of prayers.. we want little Crush to pull through and live a long and happy life! My friend makes an excellent kitty mom so Crush is in great hands!!

Thanks!!! :( :( :(

aly
11-09-2002, 12:34 AM
I already told you all my ideas on ICQ but I wanted you to know I will keep Crush in my prayers :( I just love those orange females. They are fighters!

Prayers on the way!!!

toughCookie
11-09-2002, 12:35 AM
you need to take that kitty to the emergency vet right away!!

female orange tabbies are rare, and they are fighters, you're right. thats what my (tough) cookie was, an orange tabby. she really had been sick alot, but really pulled thru alot too.

Cinder & Smoke
11-09-2002, 12:57 AM
Herrow, God?

Hi, God!
Cinder & Smoke here onna Prayer Line...

Need summa Your Help - kinda a Rush Job ~

Lil Kitty Kat, named "Crush", uppin Canada -

Purdy sicklee lil Kitty - uhhh - make that Reel Sicklee...

Kud You pleeze send her, an her Hoomiz, summa Your
Speshul Help ta get her feelin better?

We'd reelee preciate You Help on this wun!

Oh - an God ~
Pleeze don't furget bout our Buddie Mr. Killian - our
Shepherd Buddie - he needs a lil *nudge* ta take hiz pillz an
get back to eetin hiz grub... Mebbee a lil *kik-inna-butt*
frum You would re-mind him. :rolleyes:

Thankz, God!

koxka
11-09-2002, 02:06 AM
...is the firts thing needed!
If that turn out to be impossible, firts thing to do is rehydrated her as soon as possible, give them fluids? ( my english:mad: ). Go to the drugstore and get a bottle of fluid , sure they will tell you how touse it.

Second , try to make her eat some food ,
Royal Canin have new crunchies for kittys , BABYCAT 34 , specially made for kittens from 1 months to 4 months. Pericot my new kitty love it , it says that have nutrients to help the inmune system. They are higly digestive , you can even soak it in water to melt it and feed her with a serynge. She needs desesperately tho gain strengh ,to fight for her live ,right away.

Good luck Crush, hang on there!!! We want to see you here on board !!
I'm on the Cinder&Smoke prayer line....

jenluckenbach
11-09-2002, 05:41 AM
an emergency room vet is the only advice I can give. But I can give tons and tons of prayer. And one last comment. MY little orange girl ALSO became deathly sick as a young kitten. And she was a fighter, but she did require a vet's attention, IV fluids and A LOT of TLC.

neko1
11-09-2002, 05:50 AM
She needs to go to the emergency clinic! Those kind of symptoms are nothing to mess around with!

11-09-2002, 06:38 AM
Same advise here ... ! Little Crush needs a doc as soon as possible !! They will have to give her the anti-biotics with a injection ! I'm pretty sure that this kitten needs to be hospitalised and get fluids & medicine from a baxter ....

Pull through it sweet kitten !! I wish you good luck !

http://www.forum-smilies.com/tierisch_21.gif http://www.forum-smilies.com/tierisch_21.gif http://www.forum-smilies.com/tierisch_21.gif

moosmom
11-09-2002, 10:04 AM
Great advice here. You need to get this poor baby to a vet and NOW!!! The symptoms you described are either coccidia or distemper. If it is distempter, you need to totally clean out the room she was in and disinfect it with Clorox bleach (not the cheap stuff as only Clorox will do). Distemper can stay airborne for up to one year (I know as I had a case of it in CT with 3 kittens I rescued). I will say loads of prayers for little Crush and light a candle.

lailamara
11-09-2002, 10:42 AM
I don't know what to add that hasn't been suggested except to wish Crush a speedy recovery. Waiting to hear how she's doing. Hugs to all.

NoahsMommy
11-09-2002, 02:55 PM
Poor little girl....saying prayers over here for a speedy, safe recovery.

Cataholic
11-09-2002, 07:03 PM
Oh...Prayers are on the way.....

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Prayers are on the way for sweet baby Crush.

Uabassoon
11-11-2002, 02:39 AM
Any news on Crush yet?

Nomilynn
11-11-2002, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone,

My friend took Crush to the emergency vet the night I posted the story. They gave her fluids and antibiotics by injection but she passed away in the night, at the vet, between Saturday and Sunday. My friend said that she was sad but it seemed like Crush was only meant to be with them for a very short time, and they were the ones who were meant to give her that little window of happiness that she had while she lived at their home.

Thanks everyone for praying for her and keeping her in your thoughts. Crush is now playing at the rainbow bridge and suffers no more. :(

Karen
11-11-2002, 10:12 PM
Thank you for letting us know. Perhaps she is playing with Dandy, a beloved female orange cat of a friend of mine. I bet those orange girls will stick together!

koxka
11-11-2002, 10:36 PM
....and so sad when a kitty pass away...

Thank you very much for helping this little being and given her a change ..

Thank you again...I cant help crying...

Miss Meow
11-11-2002, 11:06 PM
Nomi, that's so sad. I'm sorry to hear about little Crush. May her journey to the rainbow bridge be peaceful and she finds happiness there.

krazyaboutkatz
11-11-2002, 11:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about sweet little Crush. :( At least now she can play at RB as a healthy kitten. RIP sweet Crush.

AmberLee
11-11-2002, 11:31 PM
Thank you for the update. It's quite a shock. So good to know that she isn't suffering anymore and that her family has comfort in this. What a jolt though.

jenluckenbach
11-12-2002, 05:48 AM
I too am saddened by the tragic news. Sweet Crush and Dandy can look up my orange Y.Lee cat for comfort at the RB.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-12-2002, 01:21 PM
So sorry to hear about little Crush. At least she knew a happy loving home, even though it was for such a short time. :(

Crush is a great name, though. I love it for an orange kitty. :)

NoahsMommy
11-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Oh...sweet little Crush. :( I'm so sorry. :(

At least you and your friend were there to give her love and warmth during her final days. That is so kind.

lynnestankard
11-12-2002, 03:17 PM
God Bless sweet Crush - a very short life cut short xxxxx

Lynne

aly
11-12-2002, 05:04 PM
I am sooo sorry :( I feel so bad. It sounds like your friend is handling it well. Its so hard to lose a kitty, no matter how short your time together is.

Let your friend know she is still in my prayers and she did a wonderful thing.

You will be missed, sweet Crush.