PDA

View Full Version : VA (Fairfax County AS): URGENT: Foster for Maine CoonX!

phesina
09-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Anyone in or near Fairfax County, Virginia (near Washington DC, I think)? .. or know anyone around there?.. or can pass the word on?.. Please help find a foster for this kitty who badly needs one:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Subject: VA (Fairfax County AS): Maine CoonX is URGENT! Purrfect beauty!
To: Rena R Fagel <[email protected]>

FOLKS - I'm forwarding this out to ALL VA-area fosters. BEAUTIFUL 4 y/o vetted, spayed female Maine Coon mix, surrendered due to a landlord problem!!! Fairfax County Animal Shelter NEVER lists adoptable cats as "URGENT", but this one is. She's apparently incredibly distressed in a cage, and their foster program is overrun with kittens. Can anyone pull this gal? I can assist with transportation and pulling.
Rena

Rosey A055801 is a 4 year old, spayed female, torbie Maine Coon mix. She’s been with us for a little over a month and is starting to become agitated in our condo up front. We’re going to have to remove her from our adoption floor because of this and there are no open fosters right now due to an overload of kittens. She’s a pretty big gal and definitely needs some more room to relax.

When she first came she was very sweet and lovey. During intake, she let Lori hold her, bathe her and clip her nails with no problem. Right now she just seems more and more stressed with each day. Living in a cage day after day does not agree with her.

Her previous owner said she was good with kids and they could not keep her because their landlord would not allow pets.

I would post an urgent on her if you can send it around to your contacts.

Thanks!

Kat
Volunteer Services Coordinator – Foster & Rescue
Fairfax County Animal Shelter
(703) 324-0241

===============================

Thank you, thank you, anyone who can do anything at all to help... Love from Pat & cats :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: