PDA

View Full Version : Outta Here!!

Glacier
09-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Well not til February 15, 2012 but the flights are booked! We're going to Roatan, Honduras for ten days.:D:D:D Not nearly long enough, but Stuart can get that long off work for sure and we have 2 dogsitters confirmed for that time period. We've never gone away in the winter before. I can not tell you how much I am looking forward to escaping the dark! :D

This year has sucked for us; since last fall we've lost 7 dogs & a cat. :(I would not be suprised if a couple more dogs move on before we leave, heartbroken but not suprised. We've got several dogs well into their 14th year! Late February is a crappy time of year for us. If something bad is going to happen, it will be then...Hoodoo died, Delta disappeared, Hobo got chewed on by the wolf, Bandit got killed, Mac & Ozzy died.....February sucks plus it's cold and dark. If something crappy is going to happen this year, it can happen to me while I'm drinking margaritas on a beach!

Stuart has been gone since April and won't be home for more than a day or two until November at the earliest. He's working his butt off! I've had to scrape frost of my windshield every day for the last week. I can hardly wait to spend a few days with my hubby somewhere where the sun comes up and the temperature gets above 0C!!
:D:D:D:D:D

Scooter's Mom
09-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Yay! Hope your trip is a good one; and I know you'll take lots of pictures :)

Barbara
09-09-2011, 01:15 PM
It sounds as if both of you deserve a vacation in the sun very much. Have fun!!!!

finn's mom
09-09-2011, 02:50 PM
If anyone deserves a bit of sunshine, you guys do! Enjoy it! Can't wait to see photos. :love:

Karen
09-09-2011, 03:18 PM
I can just see your grin as you are typing this! We once went to Hawaii in late January, and it was an odd feeling to leave Boston in single digits (Fahrenheit) and landing on the Big Island in 80-degree temperatures!

Freedom
09-09-2011, 03:49 PM
I can just see your grin as you are typing this!!

Me too! Now you get to enjoy the anticipation!

Taz_Zoee
09-09-2011, 05:15 PM
You guys definitely deserve a vacation after the year you've had. I hope the remainder of the year isn't too hard on you.

Have fun and I look forward to pictures and stories of your wonderful vacation. Wow, I have to wait 5 months? Oh yeah, so do you. ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
09-09-2011, 06:16 PM
If anyone deserves a bit of sunshine, you guys do! Enjoy it! Can't wait to see photos. :love:

Well said! A bright and sunny vacation for two very deserving people. I'm so excited for you guys!

gini
09-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Boy if that isn't right for sure You Deserve A Vacation

I am sorry that you have had so much sadness this year - next year will be better by starting off with a great vacation.