PDA

View Full Version : Catmobilers and others... Here's Nelson!

phesina
09-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Nelson J. Fortenberry is a fine figure of a Tabby man who joined the Catmobile crew for the latest adventures at the Dublin Irish Festival in Ohio and then the Surprise Birthday Party for Angel Rose in Kansas. He lives with my sister and her partner across town from me in Ann Arbor, and he takes his responsibilities as their caretaker very seriously.

He has excellent vocal talents, which he displayed with his Sean Nos singing at the Irish Festival and then calling Square Dances at Angel Rose's party.

He had the most fun times ever on the Catmobile trips and made the best friends on them, and he can't wait to go on further Catmobile adventures!

Here he is in full figure: http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=472&pictureid=4669

And here is a closeup capturing his fine spirit and essence: http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=472&pictureid=4668

He loves his new Catmobile friends and all their adventures, and he is eagerly looking forward to the Great Haggis Feast in another week! He is already used to haggis, what with his bagpiper brothers Bob and Sydney and his Scottish dancer sister Sparkler, and the fact that most of the meals here are delivered from the local Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe.

Pinot's Mom
09-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Looks like another Pinot cousin! Hey Nelson! :)

I hear you may have a lady friend??;)

phesina
09-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Yes, he is still very secretive about which kitty-lady has stolen his heart!

Another reason he is so looking forward to the Great Haggis Fest.. he hopes she will be there too.

catmandu
09-09-2011, 09:31 AM
:love::love::)
Nelson is such a Cool Cat , and we are so pleased that he likes the Catmobile adventures!
All of us at The Found Cat Hotel say a Big Hello to the Newest Phesina Cat.
:love::love:
Hes Super Cool:love::love:

momcat
09-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi Nelson,
It's great to see you on PT! I'm so happy to know that you enjoyed your first Catmobile trip and everyone is looking forward to seeing you for the Great Haggis Feast next week. I do hope you'll sing for us again! We'll have to remind the others to bring their bagpipes, harp, dancing shoes, and whatever instrument they play. My fiddle is all warmed up and ready to go.

Right now the Feast might not be in Trenton. We've been having almost non stop rain; lots of floods, major roads are closed and one road is completely collapsed from the floods. Yesterday one of Meowmie's friends at work had to leave in the morning because she got a call saying they had to evacuate from where they live.

Keep checking our post about the Feast for further updates. I'll be putting something on there a bit later on.

Your friend,
Groucho

katladyd
09-09-2011, 01:14 PM
No offense, but I am scared to let my boys go anywhere near the east coast right now. If the rain and flooding stops, they will definitely be there!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi, Nelson!!! What fun it was to have you attend Angel Rose's birthday party!!! Everyone from the fort who came to the party still talk about your square dance calling skills. They are so jealous I think!!! ;) We all loved your singing too!!!

You look like you could be Grandma's grandson!!! That's praise indeed!!! :love:

cassiesmom
09-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Dear Nelson, You are tabby-licious! How wonderful that you keep watchful eyes on your people :D and Cassie meowed to me that your singing and square dance-calling were terrific! Could you please have your people give you some gentle petting for me-- I love tabby kitties.!

Your admiring fan,
Elyse

phesina
09-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Here's my sister's report today on Nelson, after I alerted her last night to his own new thread:

------->
Nelson can’t get over how nice everyone has been, and he loves his new friends. Now he wants us to host a birthday party for him and the gang, with balloons and clowns and a haggis piñata and his very own birthday horsie. Unfortunately, we have no idea when his birthday might be. Or so I tell him.

Nelson has always been a bit shy, but ever since his Catmobile adventures we just can’t shut him up.
-----------------

phesina
09-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi Nelson,
It's great to see you on PT! I'm so happy to know that you enjoyed your first Catmobile trip and everyone is looking forward to seeing you for the Great Haggis Feast next week. I do hope you'll sing for us again! We'll have to remind the others to bring their bagpipes, harp, dancing shoes, and whatever instrument they play. My fiddle is all warmed up and ready to go.

Right now the Feast might not be in Trenton. We've been having almost non stop rain; lots of floods, major roads are closed and one road is completely collapsed from the floods. Yesterday one of Meowmie's friends at work had to leave in the morning because she got a call saying they had to evacuate from where they live.

Keep checking our post about the Feast for further updates. I'll be putting something on there a bit later on.

Your friend,
Groucho

Nelson will be bringing along not only his vocal skills but also his Bodhran, the Irish drum on which he is an ace performer. He came up with his own unique method of playing it: One really needs thumbs to play one, since you grip the cross-pieces on its back with one hand while you beat the surface with a small drumstick held in the other... But Nelson holds it with two paws and beats on it with his TAIL!

momcat
09-09-2011, 07:06 PM
No offense, but I am scared to let my boys go anywhere near the east coast right now. If the rain and flooding stops, they will definitely be there!

Not to worry! The situation in Trenton and along the east coast is still pretty bad with floods and more rain expected. Phesina offered to have the Catmobilers celebrate in Ann Arbor instead. You and your kitty boys should check the Great Haggis Feast post for details. I hope none of the kitties will have to stay home now.