PDA

View Full Version : Rescued a kitten

IRescue452
09-08-2011, 11:48 AM
My mother and little sisters actually found this kitten in a park. It started meowing for help as soon as they started walking toward it. Its obviously dumped so probably 6-8 weeks old. I say obviously because its socialized with people and also its ears and coat are spotless, not like a typical cat in the woods. He's got a respiratory infection and half his nose is swollen. He's also skinny, although now his belly is fat because we fed him. He has to stay in a cage in the garage because my mom has 3 cats and can't bring an unvetted kitten into the house. He's so friendly that every time we come in the garage he wants to play and when I took him out for pictures he wouldn't stop purring and rubbing against me and wiggling. We tried several rescue groups but they all have their limit for cats. My mom might take him to the humane society but they charge a "donation" fee in intake. They won't turn people down if they can't afford to pay it but we can, my mom just has a thing against paying a fee when she rescued an animal so she doesn't like to bring them there. I put an ad on craigslist.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/IMG_4831.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/IMG_4822.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/IMG_4824.jpg

Barbara
09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Oh he's so cute! He seems to be young and I think a vet visit would be recommended as you don't know what an URI at that age means. I hope that the ad helps you find someone who is really good for him.

Catty1
09-08-2011, 07:51 PM
How cute!

I agree with a donation for the Humane Society if he is surrendered there. After all, they will be vetting and feeding him, and caring for him. I think it is a nice gesture.

If not money - even some cat litter or a bag of food is always helpful.

mrspunkysmom
09-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Oh thank you for rescuing the little one. He does look older than 8 weeks to me, but pictures can be deceiving. ;)

As for a surrender fee, I guess it depends on what they charge. A little bit is far less that what you wold pay to vet him yourself. :eek: I understand how your mom feels but the rescue or HS would have no way of knowing whether or not that is your cat or you really found it.

Good luck with finding him a home.

sana
09-09-2011, 04:25 AM
Aww!.. It needs a loving and caring home, real bad! :eek: I hope it finds a lovely home real soon! :)

catmandu
09-09-2011, 09:34 AM
My Little Josephine Moosie Spunkette of many names sure like that Little Cat of the Future and sure would like to be his special friend!!!
:love::love::love:
Shes a bit of a Cougar, I guess looking for a younger man:love::love::cool:

IRescue452
09-09-2011, 12:25 PM
We think we found him a home! I had a huge response to the ad of people giving me tips not to take him to the local humane association because they supposedly give sick cats only 48 hours, take him to this other one instead where he'll have a better chance. There was another call warning me of how he could have contagious diseases and be sure to keep him seperate from our cats (duh). And lastly there was a call from a lady who seems to want to take him on. She has 2 adult cats of her own and seems to understand about keeping them seperated and my mom made arrangements to drop him off at her place tomorrow so we'll get to see the place.

This lady sounds perfect, but now my 16 year old sister is getting this hoarder mentality that nobody can take care of the kitten as good as us. She's complaining that she wants it to go to somebody she knows so she can see it (the only people we know who offered want it to be an outside cat). She sounds just like my 29 year old sister who started taking in rescue cats and only ever rehomed 4 to people in the family and never rehomed the rest. My mom is not keeping a 4th cat no matter how much my sisters whine.

I just hope this works out in the favor of this lady and the kitten doesn't turn out to have some incurable cat disease or pass it on to her cats. We're definately going to stress keeping them seperate even though she says this one can be upstairs until its healthy and hers will be downstairs.

mathteach
09-09-2011, 01:00 PM
What a beauty! I hope you find a home!