PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed

Sowa
09-08-2011, 09:57 AM
My sweet kitty is really sick and I need extra prayers for her....I just lost my black labby 3 months ago and this is really too much to deal with. Her kidneys aren't working and the vet says it doesn't look good. She's on IV fluids right now and he said she's doing good on them and doesn't even seem sick, but he's worried that she hasn't peed and her bladder isn't getting bigger. It's likely that her kidneys have shut down completely. I don't really understand what I've done in my life to have all this crap happen to me like this. I cried for a week straight when my dog died and I'm still depressed about it. I kept telling my boyfriend that my cat is the only thing that helped me through it and that I felt the same bond with her as my dog. I just can't deal with this....

Karen
09-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Hug Clover, okay? You'll be in our prayers.

Catty1
09-08-2011, 11:18 AM
HUGS HUGS and more HUGS. Prayers for you and for Clover. We are here at Pet Talk whenever you need us! :love::love::love:

PT prayers have worked miracles, so am sending them out to Clover and you.

Sowa
09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Kiba is my kitty. I just went to see her and she still hasn't peed. I'm so worried and upset. I love my girl so much :(

Sowa
09-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Hug Clover, okay? You'll be in our prayers.

Yeah, she's gotten a lot of those today. I don't know what I'd do without her :( She always seems to know what to do to make me smile.

krazyaboutkatz
09-08-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Kiba's way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Sowa
09-08-2011, 01:01 PM
They said by how high the kidney levels were it almost sounds like a toxic poisoning. I have no idea what she could get into...we don't keep plants indoors because I don't know what is toxic and what isn't so I don't really bother. We haven't had any chemicals or anything laying around. Nothing new...any none of my other pets are sick. They have a pen outside they can sit in but there aren't really any plants near by. I know lilies can cause kidney problems but there aren't any in her pen. There is a little bush near by but I duno what kind of plant it is...and it's been there for years (that's shes been going out there)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Prayers on the way from me too for you and sweet Kiba. :love:

Freedom
09-08-2011, 03:46 PM
How old is Kiba? Prayers for healing for sweet Kiba cat.

Sowa
09-08-2011, 03:49 PM
She just turned 8 at the end of August :( I just know the vet is going to call me tomorrow and tell me they need to put her to sleep. I'm dreading going to bed tonight. I keep saying to myself that it could have been prevented if I found whatever it is she got into (if she did? I've been looking everywhere and I have no idea what she could have gotten) I kept finding small change in their pen like some kid was throwing it at them...I wonder if someone put something in their pen...I'm thinking of keeping my other cat completely indoors now...I'm worried about my pets!

phesina
09-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Prayers and healing energies for your dear Kiba, that she will recover from this.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

chocolatepuppy
09-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Many prayers for Kiba.

mathteach
09-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Prayers are with you! I just lost my Princess in June and I know what you are going through. I will pray extra hard tonight.

mrspunkysmom
09-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Sending prayers your way for you and Kiba.

And if you need peace of mind, keep your kitties indoors (if you think that will help) until you can find out what happened.

Sowa
09-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah I shut the window so my other cat isn't allowed out. Which makes me a little sad cause he loves going outside.

mathteach
09-09-2011, 08:10 AM
We lost Princess due to kidney failure in June. Her levels were sky high. At first they thought was toxic poisoning. We have another kitty without any symptoms and is doing great. We searched and searched thinking it was something we left around that she got into. However, the vet now feels that since she was so young, it was probably something she was born with and we did everything we could to try to save her. It would be very expensive for an autopsy so we just accepted the fact that she was probably born with something. Remember cats are good hiders of illness. My prayers are with you!

Sowa
09-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Unfortunately the prayers didn't work. I'm going in today to say goodbye. My heart is broken and I'm not sure how I'll survive this after losing my other gir....

Catty1
09-09-2011, 11:05 AM
I am so sorry...

I wish I could wave a magic wand for a last-minute miracle. It hurts more when no one knows exactly what happened.

{{{{hugs}}}}

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

mathteach
09-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I am so sorry. :(

chocolatepuppy
09-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Oh no, I'm so, so sorry. :( {{{hugs}}}

Taz_Zoee
09-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I am so sorry. This brings tears to my eyes. My co-worker just went through this exact same thing last Friday. Only they didn't make it to the vet. :(

RIP Kiba

phesina
09-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Oh, I am so very sorry.

Prayers of peace and comfort for you. The love that you and Kiba share is eternal.

Kiba is healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, waiting to greet you again.. One Fine Day.

mrspunkysmom
09-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I am so sorry for Kiba and for your loss.

Sowa
09-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Here is a video I took of her at the clinic before I had to let her go...she seemed almost content which made the decision that much harder...The vet told me there was no chance her kidneys would start to work again :(

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/?action=view&current=MVI_0552.mp4

krazyaboutkatz
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM
She sure was a gorgeous cat. You did make the right decision. (((HUGS)))

Sowa
09-11-2011, 06:44 PM
The vet said I could take her home for the night and be with her. I knew she'd just sit in a corner and be sad so I said it would be better to do it now. I kinda wish I took her home for the night...I just kept thinking she wouldn't be happy :( I hope this is what she wanted...I don't know, would you want an extra day if you were Kiba?

kitten645
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
You absolutely made the right decision. Taking her home would have been for you and not Kiba. She looks like she wasn't feeling well. It's hard to imagine, but kitties have no sense of time. She wouldn't know it was her last night home. They live in the present. That's what makes them such wonderful companions. They don't think about death or the future. You were her meowmie and you knew in your heart what was best for her. She'd thank you for releasing her from pain.
I'm so very sorry for your lose. It's never long enough that they are part of our lives. You'll see her again one day. Take comfort in that. Hugs & LES from me and Calvin. :(

Medusa
09-12-2011, 06:30 AM
The vet said I could take her home for the night and be with her. I knew she'd just sit in a corner and be sad so I said it would be better to do it now. I kinda wish I took her home for the night...I just kept thinking she wouldn't be happy :( I hope this is what she wanted...I don't know, would you want an extra day if you were Kiba?

You did the right thing. When Peeka's kidneys shut down, I asked my vet if I could take her home and let her pass peacefully there. He told me that it would be a painful way to go b/c her liver was shutting down as well. Don't look back. You did right by Kiba. Be at peace w/that.

sana
09-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Oh my gosh so terrible news!! :eek: :( I hope you can easily go through this pain :( I might have wanted to live another day, but I know it would be in real pain and sadness, and I would sit in a corner, and cry my eyes out :eek: Its nice that you ended her pain. If she lived another day, she would have been really sad and would have been crying because of the pain.

Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

maerlyn
09-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Years ago, my beloved Willie Wonka went to the Bridge through kidney failure; he passed over 2 days after his 5th birthday - so young. The doctor said it was most likely genetic.

More than 11 years ago, I went through the same thing with Merlin, who was so, so special to me. He made his transition just a couple of months before his 11th birthday.

I know what you've suffered and are suffering, and I empathize. You did absolutely the right thing in letting your precious child go; you said,"She seemed content." Perhaps it was the knowledge that her suffering was nearly over, that something grand and glorious was coming, that gave her contentment. She'd done her work on Earth - she'd brought you through another grief - and now it was time for her to go Home.

I look at my own "little girl" and cannot face the pain that I know will come eventually, so I know your pain. Try to think of Kiba as she now is: gloriously alive, absolutely healthy, and blissfully happy, waiting for the time when you will be reunited - and that reunion will be forever!

I doubt that you've done anything to deserve the sad things that have happened. Ask yourself instead what you've done to deserve the love and loyalty of your furchildren, to be so blessed.

May Kiba's Creator hold you gently in the hollow of His hand, comfort you, and lead your heart to peace.

Sowa
09-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks again for all the kind words. It brings tears to my eyes. I just honestly never expected this at all. With Josie I was expecting it for several months cause she would get sick, then better, then sick. She was also oldish for a dog. 12. I felt Kiba had many more years left and never even thought "what will I do when she passes?" I did that with Josie and cried my eyes out worrying.

I got a mold of her paw prints. I wish I had the money to have her cremated like I did Josie. Her medical bills cost a lot as it was and I have no job, and owe money all ready. I'm glad I have the paw prints at least. It was very nice of the vet to offer to have it done for me cause I didn't think of it at the time because I was so upset.

It's so weird that she's not here. This morning I felt something at the end of the bed when I woke up (clothes maybe) and I thought to myself "Oops, better be careful not to disturb Kiba!"

Do you think my other cat knows she's gone and misses her? None of the pets seem to really notice...they don't act any different. I sure do miss her. :( She was the best cat in the world to me. I'm glad I got the chance to be with her for 8 years. I hope she's happy where ever she is now.

mathteach
09-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Willie Wonka sounds like my beloved Princess who died in June. So young. I miss her so much. Butler missed her from the day we took her to the vet. We adopted Bentley within 2 weeks and Butler is happy again. He has a new buddy. But yes, I feel that the other cats do feel something is missing.