PDA

View Full Version : The World Rugby Cup FEVER hits NZ..

carole
09-07-2011, 04:11 PM
For those of you who know a little about us Kiwis, we are a Rugby MAD nation, this is one of the biggest events our country will host, it will be Rugby madness for the next six weeks, we are expecting a huge amount of overseas visitors even some celebrity's according to the media, but that could be just hype,but then again maybe not.

The opening ceremony is in auckland tomorrow Friday, my son will be there of course, he is Rugby mad, well sport mad would be the better way of putting it, raised with a mother who never had any interest in sport, so i believe it must have been born in him lol.,he also is rather good at most sports and was a very good cricket player, so i sure cannot take any credit for that.

It will be an exciting event, and if the ALL BLACKS, our best team don't win the cup it will indeed be a very sad sporting day in NZ, the whole country will be in mourning , seriously, lol, I am sure our players will give it their best, my son has tickets to the last game, which cost him quite a bit ,so we had better hope NZ is playing ,otherwise it won't even be worth going really.

Anyhow just thought i would share our madness here down under.

Hey Wom is aussie coming?:D

wombat2u2004
09-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey Wom is aussie coming?:D

What ??? To beat you guys again ???? How much punishment can you all take ??? :D:D

carole
09-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Are you not confusing it with cricket mate,? ha ha you so funny, we will beat the pants off you guys, just you wait and see.:D:p

Three words Wom BRING IT ON.;):)

wombat2u2004
09-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Are you not confusing it with cricket mate,? ha ha you so funny, we will beat the pants off you guys, just you wait and see.:D:p

Three words Wom BRING IT ON.;):)

This just in.....it's a true story............

Wiremu, a New Zealander, was on the dole in Australia but about to fly home to watch the
Rugby World Cup and was not feeling well,

So he decided to see a doctor.

"Hey doc, I dun't feel so good, ey" said Wiremu.

The doctor gave him a thorough examination and informed Wiremu
that he had long existing and advanced prostate problems and that the
only cure was testicular removal.

"No way doc" replied Wiremu "I'm gitting a sicond opinion ey!"

The second Aussie doctor gave Wiremu the same diagnosis and also
advised him that testicular removal was the only cure.
Not surprisingly, Wiremu refused the treatment.

Wiremu was devastated, but with the Rugby World Cup just around
the corner he found an expat Kiwi doctor and decided to get one last
opinion from someone he could trust.

The Kiwi doctor examined him and said: "Wiremu Cuzzy Bro, you huv Prostate
suckness ey."

"What's the cure thin doc ?" asked Wiremu hoping for a different answer.

"Wull, Wiremu", said the Kiwi doctor "Wi're gonna huv to cut off your balls."

"Phew, thunk god for thut!" said Wiremu,
"those Aussie bastards wanted to take my test tickets off me!"

http://img1.imagehousing.com/79/d56ff3a29deeed425361a16a2663a9da.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/846547)

carole
09-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh gosh Wom i love it, i have to send that to my family and friends, it is hysterical, i was waiting for the end wondering what it would be,i can quite believe it to be true as well, thanks for that, really made my day mate.:)

By the way i have been informed by my son that aussie's are pretty darn good at rugby, excuse my ignorance, i thought it was only cricket, actually hate to admit it, but you guys' are pretty darn good at most sports, grrr..

Ah well you better not be taking that cup home,or we are really gonna hate you guys lol.:D:p

ChrisH
09-10-2011, 05:22 AM
The opening ceremony was awesome.
Of course being from Wales I so I will be cheering our guys on to win but second choice for me is NZ and I wish them well all the way through.

For those who haven't seen the opening ceremony but would like to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GkXpQhc51g&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SPB7A12F26FF0482BE

There are links to the other parts on the right but, imo, the above is the best one.:D

The Tonga v NZ Haka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvygVltczg

And just because I love the Haka here's a NZ one from some other game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphKPhW_m68&feature=related

carole
09-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks for posting that, yep the opening ceremony was pretty cool, i love our HAKA, even though there is always controversy over it,of course we won the first game, but that was expected of us,the pressure is on though,some jolly good teams playing here.

Apparently the Italians, have been voted the prettiest team, i have yet to see the handsome hunks, but i am sure they will live up to it lol.

Yep six weeks of total madness here, my son went to the opening ceremony and game, said it was awesome, he was going down to the viaduct, but it was packed so don't think he made it down there.my sister could see the fireworks display from her home, said it was pretty spectacular.

However on the downside, still some arrests were made, and the train system let fans down, some people did not make it on time for the game, one of them being one of the all blacks mother, not good enough AUCKLAND.:p

We had yet to have our games in our city, i am sure we will do better, here's hoping.

wombat2u2004
09-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Careful girls !!!
Australia is watching. We know who our friends are, and who will deserve future treaties with our country.
At the moment, New Zealand and Wales are considered as enemies, and will therefore be subjected to future invasion and pillaging.
But that would all change if you two would have a short word with your teams.
Think of the future girls, your children, your countries. :p

carole
09-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Geez Wom you are resorting to emotional blackmail now, guess you not so sure your team are winners he he:D:p

wombat2u2004
09-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Geez Wom you are resorting to emotional blackmail now, guess you not so sure your team are winners he he:D:p

To tell you the honest truth mate, I don't give a damn who wins.
I've never been into competitive sport really. I don't partake in it, never have, I don't watch it either. ;)

carole
09-11-2011, 04:57 PM
guess what Wom i am exactly the same, i never watch sport, i did not even watch the game, but you have to kind of go with the flo here, the country is so hyped up by it all, and it is a bit of fun, so i try and get in the spirit of things, besides we both know it is all in good fun right?:D;)

moosmom
09-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Break out the band aids!!! GO KIWI!!!!

wombat2u2004
09-11-2011, 08:11 PM
guess what Wom i am exactly the same, i never watch sport, i did not even watch the game, but you have to kind of go with the flo here, the country is so hyped up by it all, and it is a bit of fun, so i try and get in the spirit of things, besides we both know it is all in good fun right?:D;)

I never understood why they fight over a bloody ball.
There are better things to fight over.
Women, beer....etc etc.

carole
09-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I hear ya Wom, you took the words right out of my mouth as meatloaf sings.:)

Ah well tis only a game to me, nothing more, but i better whisper that, if any kiwi hears me i will be shamed lol.:D

THANKS Donna.:)

wombat2u2004
09-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Sheesh.....even Coca Cola won't leave me alone. :mad:

http://links.email.ccaclubhouse.com/servlet/MailView?ms=MzcwNTIyOTMS1&r=Njc0Njg1MTUyMQS2&j=MTExODQzOTA4S0&mt=1&rt=0

carole
09-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Well the fever hits my city this Friday,ALL BLACKS are playing JAPAN, so the city will be full of rugby fans, let us hope no silly nonsense will go on as before in Auckland, why on earth can people not just have fun, always alcohol fueled misbehaviours, makes me sad.LET US JUST HAVE FUN for once.

wombat2u2004
09-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Well the fever hits my city this Friday,ALL BLACKS are playing JAPAN, so the city will be full of rugby fans, let us hope no silly nonsense will go on as before in Auckland, why on earth can people not just have fun, always alcohol fueled misbehaviours, makes me sad.LET US JUST HAVE FUN for once.

I agree.
Singapore 1972, New Years Eve.
It was hot.
We wanted a swim.
We chose the Singapore Central Fountain.
We, the fun seeking members of 106 Field Battery, 1RNZIR and The Royal Highland Fusiliers made the biggest mess Singapore has ever seen.
It was REAL fun. :D:D