PDA

View Full Version : K9 Kaiser Ground Zero Dog

lizbud
09-07-2011, 11:39 AM
This article from todays news is really a tribute to Kaiser, and really
to the nature & spirit of all dogs. They give us so much & ask so little.:)

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/29105348/detail.html

pomtzu
09-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks for posting Liz. All of the dogs that worked at Ground Zero were truly amazing, as well as their handlers. It takes a special kind of person to do what these folks do. I for one, can never forget a minute of that horrible day - it is burned into my memory forever. Our world was indeed changed that day, even if we weren't directly affected by it, by losing a friend or loved one. It was a horror that I pray we will never see the likes of again.

lizbud
09-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for posting Liz. All of the dogs that worked at Ground Zero were truly amazing, as well as their handlers. It takes a special kind of person to do what these folks do. I for one, can never forget a minute of that horrible day - it is burned into my memory forever. Our world was indeed changed that day, even if we weren't directly affected by it, by losing a friend or loved one. It was a horror that I pray we will never see the likes of again.

Yes Ellie, This part of the handlers statement really got to me.

""We were down in places where the heat of the work was going on, and still sometimes, a fireman would walk up and just hug my dog because he needed to, so we let him," Zintsmaster said."