PDA

View Full Version : Who The Heck Are The Kardashians???

lizbud
09-07-2011, 09:45 AM
I notice their names in print all the time. Who the heck are they?
Why should I care about them anyway? Is there something I missed by not
knowing who they are, what they did, do, are about to do etc?:confused:

Karen
09-07-2011, 09:49 AM
They are a wealthy family that has had a reality show for years, called "Keeping Up with the Kardashians."

Pinot's Mom
09-07-2011, 09:57 AM
We were in NYC not too long ago, and there was this store named "DASH" with a HUGE line of women outside. I asked my much more media savvy friend about it - she said, "That's Kim Kardashian's store and she's supposed to make an appearance today'... so? What exactly has this person DONE? The response was, "A reality show". Oh.

I'm with you, Lizbud, why should we care?

Then again, I also asked - "What is a Snookie"? Same answer, different show, don't care.

Karen
09-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Then again, I also asked - "What is a Snookie"? Same answer, different show, don't care.

You do not need to care, but other names from the show that "Snooki" is on would include J-Wow and The Sitch (a guy who calls himself the Situation). They are on a show called "The Jersey Shore" which has leant a new connotation (loud music, spray tans and lots of drinking) to that formerly innocuous place name.

They are all just Pop Culture reference points, but if you are not going on any trivia challenges or game shows, you don't need to know them.

pomtzu
09-07-2011, 10:38 AM
They really aren't worth knowing IMO. A rich family with an (in)famous name - the deceased father was Robert Kardashian - friend and lawyer of O.J. Simpsom. He passed away from cancer. The mother is now married to former Olympic champ Bruce Jenner.

Freedom
09-07-2011, 12:19 PM
LOL, Lizbud, thank you THANK you for starting this thread. I haven't a clue or a care about these do nothing celebs either, ha ha haaa.

sasvermont
09-07-2011, 12:32 PM
I turn the channel when I hear/see them on TV. They are a complete waste of humanity. Sorry to be so blunt.

pomtzu
09-07-2011, 12:40 PM
LOL, Lizbud, thank you THANK you for starting this thread. I haven't a clue or a care about these do nothing celebs either, ha ha haaa.

Agreed - agreed - agreed!!! I refuse to watch their "reality" show, just as I watch none of the others such as Jersey Shore, or Housewives of "whatever city", or any of the like. The only reason I know anything of them, is that I occasionally watch Entertainment Tonight or The Insider, and they sometimes report on their goings on. The K sisters rate right up there with Paris Hilton, in my book anyway! :eek:

And if you watch Dancing With The Stars, be prepared to see more of them - brother Robert, Jr is one of the "star" dancers in the upcoming season. UGH!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-07-2011, 12:44 PM
I had no clue as to who they are either. :D Guess they aren't as popular as they think they are, eh? ;):D

kuhio98
09-07-2011, 12:47 PM
They are just another bunch of people famous for no reason. You evidently don't need talent or taste these days. If you want to be famous, just hire yourself some media people and behave badly in public -- and you too can be famous! :rolleyes:

I'm seriously embarrased when I see shows like the Kardashians, Jersey Shore, Bridezillas, Bad Girls, etc. on the air.

blue
09-07-2011, 12:54 PM
And I thought some of yall where fans of Dancing with the Stars.

caseysmom
09-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I had no clue as to who they are either. :D Guess they aren't as popular as they think they are, eh? ;):D

They are laughing all the way to the bank....

phesina
09-07-2011, 04:04 PM
White trash.

sparks19
09-07-2011, 04:40 PM

exactly.

I don't watch them or follow them or any of those shows but I don't begrudge them. They aren't hurting anyone. some people find it fascinating... I'm not really one of them but it takes all kinds right.

My feelings towards them are neutral. if they can make a living and have success by just "being" then more power to them.

lizbud
09-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Well, I learned something from your answers here.:D They were guests
on Dave Letterman last night & I wanted to stay up long enough to see
who they were at least. They came out & I drew a complete blank, didn't
look familiar at all. Long story short, I turned the TV off & went to bed.:)

Just my opinion, but they looked so floosey, like a police lineup of ladies
of the evening.:D

Asiel
09-07-2011, 06:48 PM

Puts me right up there in the same bracket. First time I even hear the name , had I not read it here I would never have known...or cared...:D
Now I know why I never sit and watch TV ...nothing worth watching. I'll curl up with a good book any time.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Yea, but being rich doesn't mean they are happy. Just look at all the miserable rich people like Michael Jackson, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, etc. :love:

Marigold2
09-07-2011, 08:49 PM
They are very sauvy business women who have lines of clothing, fragance, TV shows etc, etc, etc.
One might not like them but dumb they are not.
Close family yes, loving yes, they are winners in many ways.
All pretty girls no doubt, great figures, beautiful hair and they seem loving to each other and their mom an step-dad Bruce Jenner.
Young, smart, beautiful, rich, loved.
Not too bad.

pomtzu
09-08-2011, 05:34 AM
It looks like one poster here admires them. Not surprising at all. :rolleyes:

carole
09-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Hmm each to their own, but yes we down under know all about them too.

I wonder if they have any pets, now that i would be interested in .

Medusa
09-08-2011, 07:46 AM
From what I understand, Kim K. made a name for herself by doing a sex tape that got circulated "by accident". That's how the family came into the spotlight. The K sisters premiered their line of clothing on QVC. I watched a few minutes of it and couldn't take it. They stood there like mannequins, couldn't talk about their clothes w/intelligence plus the clothes are very unattractive. But many young girls/women will buy them just b/c of the name. I'd be content never to hear their names or any names from Jersey Shore or all the Housewives series ever again. I hardly watch anything other than cable any more b/c of the low quality of "entertainment".

Medusa
09-08-2011, 07:48 AM
They are very sauvy business women who have lines of clothing, fragance, TV shows etc, etc, etc.
One might not like them but dumb they are not.
Close family yes, loving yes, they are winners in many ways.
All pretty girls no doubt, great figures, beautiful hair and they seem loving to each other and their mom an step-dad Bruce Jenner.
Young, smart, beautiful, rich, loved.
Not too bad.

They have the advantage of having enough money to hire savvy business people to take care of their clothing and fragrance lines. If you listen to these girls talk, I doubt that they could find their way out of a paper bag.

Pinot's Mom
09-08-2011, 08:37 AM
They have the advantage of having enough money to hire savvy business people to take care of their clothing and fragrance lines. If you listen to these girls talk, I doubt that they could find their way out of a paper bag.

Can I click "like"?;)

lizbud
09-08-2011, 10:31 AM
If you listen to these girls talk, I doubt that they could find their way out of a paper bag.

That's the impression I got from seeing them on Letterman's show.
I've seem much prettier people & they just sat there with vacant looks
on their faces, didn't talk at all except to answer Dave's questions.

It was like "here I am, look at me":confused: Very boring, but that's IMO.:)

caseysmom
09-08-2011, 11:13 AM
It looks like one poster here admires them. Not surprising at all. :rolleyes:

They have good hair for cryin out loud!

pomtzu
09-08-2011, 11:27 AM
They have good hair for cryin out loud!

Oh my yes!! Physical appearance is one of the more important things in life, isn't it? :rolleyes:

They probably all wear hair extensions anyway - to cover their empty heads better. :p

gini
09-08-2011, 05:28 PM
This thread is just a hoot!!!:D:D

sasvermont
09-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Every blog I have ever seen, no one says anything nice about these folks. Including their step-dad Bruce Jenner.

It seems that the press is more impressed with them than the general public. BUT if they are not liked, they certainly must be selling their products to someone!!!

I think anyone with an ounce of brains can see that this family is nothing but a bunch of gold-digging bird brains. They are laughing all the way to the bank. I hope they go away sometime soon.

As I said, I turn off the TV/channel when I hear them mentioned.

And the coverage for the latest wedding was horrible. They kept comparing it to Will and Kate's wedding. Give me a *&^%$%^ break. No comparison whatsoever. They are not royalty by any stretch of the imagination. They are white trash as far as I am concerned. They need to "go away" and leave us K-free for awhile.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

moosmom
09-09-2011, 08:29 AM
I cannot STAND them!!!! They flaunt their wealth, it's never enough for them and poor Bruce Jenner is their lackey. I can't stand watching that program. I hate EVERYTHING about Hollywood, the actors, their glorifying out of wedlock pregnancies, etc.

momcat
09-09-2011, 09:44 AM
All I know about any of them is Khloe (I think) got kicked off "Celebrity Apprentice" when the Donald found out she had to take a day off the show to appear in court for a DUI. He made no secret of why he kicked her out & said if he knew about the DUI before she would never have been on to start with.

Taz_Zoee
09-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Well, I don't watch the show regularly. But sometimes I catch it when its on and I watch. It's entertainment, that's for sure.

Kris Jenner is now getting her two youngest daughters (with Bruce) out there like the older girls. One show I recently caught was one of the younger girls saying that mom left them at a photo shoot for 12 hours by herself.

The one person I truly cannot STAND on this show is Scott. He is the oldest girls (Kourtney) baby's daddy. He is such a loser and I can't even stand to hear his voice.

That's all I have to say about that. Lump me in with the other poster that doesn't hate this show....that's fine with me. :)