PDA

View Full Version : Laptop help w/ FB please

Freedom
09-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Anyone know how I fix the formatting for this main page of Facebook, on my laptop? It is fine on the main computer. About 4 days back, here on the laptop, the far left column is now centered, and the rest of the columns appear UNDER it. I have cleared the cache. Ideas?

Well, someone on FB told me: his happens to me when the view has been zoomed. on the menu of your browser under view there is a zoom in and zoom out. you need to zoom in make the screen bigger and it will fix. Ctrl + will zoom in as well. Ctrl - zooms out. you may have nit ctrl - by mistake and it will keep that setting for the next sessons...

I think she is on the right track! I used ctrl + as she said and got it fixed, but now the page is HUGE. If I ctrl- it gets smaller but the formatting goes back to the wrong columns. More info?

Hellow
09-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Try using a different browser, like Google Chrome or Firefox. See if that fixes your issue.

Freedom
09-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I am using Firefox! LOL

Grace
09-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Have you updated Firefox recently?

I use a Mac - updated FF last Wednesday evening, and the same problem started for me - immediately. It also affects the New York Magazine. When I change to Safari, everything is normal.

I've been posting at the Firefox support site - trying any number of fixes. none of them work. The regulars on the FF board insist it's all due to FB, but I'm betting FF is more to blame.

This has affected both Mac and PC users, and from what I read on the complaint site at FB, the problem started after the FF update.

I'm going to sign my husband up for FB, using his computer that has an older version of FF. Want to see if he has the same problem.

In the meantime, I use Safari for FB.

Freedom
09-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Oh thanks Grace! Yup I did that upgrade! But, I thought I did it on both computers, and only the laptop is the issue. :confused:

Nope, the laptop is on 6.0.1 and the main computer is still on 5.0. Note to self: do NOT upgrade the main computer, lol!!!!

Hellow
09-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Try Google Chrome.

Grace
09-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Oh thanks Grace! Yup I did that upgrade! But, I thought I did it on both computers, and only the laptop is the issue. :confused:

Check both computers to see if they have the same version.

Freedom
09-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Just did that, nope different versions. WOW. Thanks Grace!

Grace
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
DO NOT - I repeat - DO NOT, update that other computer. You will regret it :)

Freedom
09-07-2011, 08:43 AM
I FOUND THE FIX!!!

GO here, I did the first 2 and it is all set now!

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/871531

Grace
09-07-2011, 08:52 AM
That works for a PC - but I have a Mac.

Alysser
09-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Grace I also have a mac and always had annoying glitches when I updated FF. My solution? Never update it :p

Grace
09-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Grace I also have a mac and always had annoying glitches when I updated FF. My solution? Never update it :p

You're about a week too late for this update - I will remember the advice from now on :)

Thankfully, I also have Safari, and FB is perfect on that :)