PDA

View Full Version : While America Slept ....

lizbud
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
CNN has this day by day run up to the 9/11 disaster. I've been reading
the day to day events leading up to 9/11. Interesting look back.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/brian-ross-investigates-countdown-911/story?id=14191671

Marigold2
09-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I am not looking back, I am looking forward.

Karen
09-06-2011, 07:51 PM
But ...

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

'tis helpful to do both!

kitten645
09-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I look back out of respect for those who gave their lives to save others. It's remarkable how the world has changed in 10 years and yet so much remains the same. Interesting article. Thanks for posting it!
I think it will be a very teary week for me as rememberances are broadcasted. I'm a native NYer and it still cuts too deeply to forget. We should never forget. :love:
Claudia

carole
09-08-2011, 05:49 AM
I can hardly believe it has been ten years, but yes it is still vivid in my mind for two reasons, one it was the most terrible event ever to happen and shocked the world,and two my Dad had his heart attack the day after.

My heart goes out to all of those who lost loved ones.:love::love:

pomtzu
09-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Thanks for posting this link, Liz. I have found it to be very interesting. I can't imagine anyone who was of an age to comprehend what was happening 10 years ago, refusing to look back now. Of course looking ahead should be everyone's priority, but refusing to look back and reflect on this horrific event does not change the fact that it happened. Look back with respect and love, and remember all of the innocent souls who perished, and pray for all of those that they left behind thru no fault of their own. They really are no different than all of the people who lost their lives in wars or concentration camps. History will repeat itself if everyone chooses not to look back. If we refuse to look back, then there is little hope for change in the future.