PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Pet of the Day -Thursday #446.

RICHARD
09-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Pet of the Day is FIFTEEN YEARS OLD!

September 1st was the official B-day for our favorite site...So, lets fire up the candles on the cake, have some punch (or other libations???) and let's celebrate.

Thanks to Paul and Karen for all the fun thru out the years and for all the hard work they have done to keep the site running!:D

Lady's Human
09-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Bad month for 15 year anniversaries..... :p

Karen
09-06-2011, 06:20 PM
I wasn't going to rat you and Jenn out, but now that you brought it up ... you guys are fair game, right?

phesina
09-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Great thanks for Karen and Paul for creating this wonderful community!

Cheers! and Bottoms Up!

(Hic!)

Lady's Human
09-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I was planning on saving it for the proper thursdays.

We're even gonna REMEMBER this year!

mrspunkysmom
09-06-2011, 08:56 PM
I agree! Hear, hear!

I thought Karen usually put up some banner every year?

For more happy news: I just passed my 2000th post! :cool:

Cheers and may we have another 15 years! :D

Pet of the Day is FIFTEEN YEARS OLD!

September 1st was the official B-day for our favorite site...So, lets fire up the candles on the cake, have some punch (or other libations???) and let's celebrate.

Thanks to Paul and Karen for all the fun thru out the years and for all the hard work they have done to keep the site running!:D

Karen
09-07-2011, 05:47 PM
And many more after that! It's been a busy several few weeks for us, so didn't do a banner this year!

Lady's Human
09-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I knew I should have taken the canoe to work tonight.

The Susquehanna is scheduled to crest at 26 feet tomorrow at 1PM.

It will overtop the Binghamton flood walls (about 1/2 mile from where I work) at 25.6 feet.

I'll take a DOTD or 10 and a paddle!

Pinot's Mom
09-08-2011, 07:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtsT-BIotz4&feature=player_embedded

I need a paddle, too. This was late yesterday afternoon on Main Street in my town and the rain has not stopped.

pomtzu
09-08-2011, 08:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtsT-BIotz4&feature=player_embedded

I need a paddle, too. This was late yesterday afternoon on Main Street in my town and the rain has not stopped.

I was wondering how you are doing. I saw vids on The Weather Channel website of E.C., Columbia and Rt 50. Unbelievable. Same mess in Phila and surrounding areas. Us??? - we didn't get a drop of rain over night, and just a few showers this a.m. Go figure......:rolleyes:

Pinot's Mom
09-08-2011, 08:40 AM
That video (as most shown on Weather/ABC/Fox, etc.) is 1.6 miles from my house. Thank goodness, though, that 1.6 mile stretch is pretty much straight up from there to me! Epic rain, though, just incredible. So many roads/bridges/retaining walls flooded and giving way.:eek:

gini
09-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Happy Belated Birthday - Pet of the Day.

I am offering no special drink today - but how about some good old
soup and tuna sandwiches?

momoffuzzyfaces
09-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Happy Belated Birthday - Pet of the Day.

I am offering no special drink today - but how about some good old
soup and tuna sandwiches?I'd love some soup if there is any left. My tummy just can't handle day old tuna sandwiches though. ;) :love:

gini
09-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Day old tuna with mayonnaise does sound rather gross doesn't it?

Yes, we have soup left and here are some freshly made, freshly baked turkey sandwiches on wheat.

cassiesmom
09-09-2011, 04:39 PM
We got some light rain from storm Lee. Might get more tonight into tomorrow. I wish it would make a stop in Texas to help out the fire fighters there before it comes here.

I'm making iced tea. I'm not adding sweetener or sugar to it, though, because I would like everyone to add as much as they prefer. (I like mine unsweetened, but others drink it sweet.)

Lady'sOtherHuman
09-11-2011, 02:00 PM
We didn't get bad flooding at our house as we live on a hill but this video is just 3 miles from our house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf_oD2T7tiQ