PDA

View Full Version : Jack the Cat

maerlyn
09-05-2011, 05:19 PM
If I'm posting this in the wrong place, please forgive me, but I'm trying to spread the word - and I've seen nothing of this on this site. Jack the Cat "escaped" from his carrier at JFK airport on August 25 (before Hurricane Irene) and has not been seen since. There are rescue efforts underway, but the word needs to be spread, especially, of course, among those in the area. He was lost in the baggage area, which, I've read, is open to the outside. His mom, understandably, is distraught, and only through her actions and those of her friends did American Airlines attempt to find Jack. Anyone in that area - please keep a lookout for Jack; there are supposed to be posters with his photo: longhair dilute orange. I cannot begin to imagine the horror this is for his mom; I'd be out of my mind - probably in hospital on tranquilizers.

momcat
09-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I did see this on the news and in an e-mail. The e-mail was forwarded to a friend with rescue contacts in the northern New Jersey area in an effort to get the word out.

Prayers are being prayed for Jack to be reunited with his owner safe, sound, and very soon. Please update us if you hear anything more?

maerlyn
09-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Forwarding it to a rescuer was a great move! I've been praying so hard that Jack will be found. There's a Facebook page for him, but I'll post any updates here.

momcat
09-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Forwarding it to a rescuer was a great move! I've been praying so hard that Jack will be found. There's a Facebook page for him, but I'll post any updates here.

It seemed like a good idea to alert rescues just in case Jack shows up at one. I'll let my friend know about Jack's Facebook page and ask her to tell everyone and anyone she knows.

momcat
09-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know if Jack is microchipped?

maerlyn
09-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't remember reading whether he's chipped or not. And thanks for spreading the word. I'm too far away to be of any physical help, but the more people who are aware of the situation, the better the chance that Jack will be found.

catmandu
09-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Our Awesome Angels Search and Rescue Squad is searching for Your Friend Jack, and we pray that they can get your Dear Cat Companion home to you soon:love::love:

maerlyn
09-06-2011, 09:41 AM
The prayers are greatly, greatly appreciated. Just to clarify: I am not Jack's human - I don't know him or his person, but I cry for them anyway. I cannot imagine the horror that lady is suffering. We need all the angels to guide Jack to his rescuers.

phesina
09-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Many prayers for dear Jack to get home safely.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

momcat
09-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi Maerlyn,
I just heard from my rescue friend, they're sending the word out to every rescue and shelter they can. I did tell her that Jack has a Facebook page. I pray he's safe in a rescue or shelter somewhere.

maerlyn
09-06-2011, 01:53 PM
That's great! I just pray that someone finds him and turns him into a shelter or rescue; I'm so afraid that he's run off, is hiding, and won't show himself. I know that's what *my* cats would do. :(

momcat
09-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi Maerlyn,
Have you heard anything more about sweet Jack? There has been nothing more on the news. I can't help but think of him every time my Groucho comes up wanting lovies.

maerlyn
09-15-2011, 09:49 PM
I've been trying to follow developments via his FB page, but sometimes it's hard - people post things for which I haven't seen a context. I did learn that someone had spotted similar cat in NJ, but it turned out not to be Jack. :(
Karen is Jack's human; her sister has been running the page and organizing an unbelievable number of people in a search for Jack. Evidently, they'd used a SAR dog - Jack's trail left the warehouse (or whatever it is), but the trail ended abruptly. The consulted a psychic - all I heard there was that she said he's alive. I don't know whether she could give any indication of the kind of place he's in. There's a big search planned for Saturday - many, many people, evidently. Some are even working from home; the idea is to have feet on the ground, but also to have people blanket the surrounding area with posters (many already in place), postcards, emails, faxes, etc - to get the word out. One person even emailed the Regis & Whoever Show, hoping they'd mention it. I think vast amounts of prayers are needed to help those who are working on Saturday. I, for one, will cry hard with relief when he's found safe.