PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was a big day...

Roxyluvsme13
09-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I know I've posted a lot of threads lately, and I apologize, but there's been many exciting things I've had to share with y'all.

Anyway, yesterday was a big day for me...

I got my driver's license!

Yes, I'm a little behind, being 19 and all, but sometimes at 16, driving just isn't an option for some, and that's how it was for me.

But now I have a car, a license, and a job, so things are actually working out and I'm really happy.

I just wanted to share my excitement at receiving my license. I'm so happy and can't wait till I'm ready to drive on my own!

Freedom
09-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Good Job! Didn't get mine right off, either. Enjoy!

k9krazee
09-03-2011, 08:10 PM
That's awesome! :D I was just thinking the other day, Bre, how far you've come and matured in the last however many years. :)

My sister is 18 without a license, she has little desire to drive. My oldest brother didn't get his until he was 18 or 19 too.

My twin brother and I took our tests on our 16th birthday - both failed and had to go home to a surprise birthday party. So in my experience it seems waiting is better anyway ;)

phesina
09-03-2011, 08:15 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! Well done!

chocolatepuppy
09-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Good for you Bri! Getting your license is something to get excited about.:D

sana
09-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Congratualtions!! :D
Great Job!! :D

here are two photos :D Hahah :D

http://i.123g.us/c/congrats_newcarandlicense/card/102521.gif

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/a2699973bafdbffa94ed57239397f69174.png

Haha!! I came across them while I was looking for some good "Congratulations on Getting your Driving License" pictures on Google Images :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Congrats!!!:)

pomtzu
09-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Congrats! I didn't get mine till I was 19 either. My old fashioned father said women didn't need to know how to drive!! - and my mother never did.

sparks19
09-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Congratulations :) you aren't behind :) I didn't get my license until I was 28 years old lol. I was married and had a child before I finally got my license haha so you're an early bird :p

mrspunkysmom
09-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Congrats. I was 18 when I got mine. I'm a better driver for it. My mom was over protective and trying to keep me out of trouble, which was silly since I was the least likely of the three to be in trouble.

So congrats again and enjoy it.

Roxyluvsme13
09-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks all! I'm glad I'm not the only one that waited till a later age to get my license, haha. Honestly, even if I'd had a car at 16 and been an okay driver, I probably wouldn't have been as careful as I am now.

Sana, those pictures are funny. The first one especially, haha!

Taz_Zoee
09-04-2011, 12:12 PM
I had no desire to get my license when I was 16. But I was a cheerleader and when I'd call home for someone to come pick me up it was always such a big deal and people (my brother and sister) would get all mad that they had to go get me. Or my mom would say "fine I'll go get her" which would guilt them into getting me. My mom has always had a license but practically NEVER drives. She keeps it current for emergencys.
Anyway, I finally said I need to get my license to stop the bickering about picking me up. We lived in the country so I wasn't close enough to walk home. But I got my license 8 months after I turned 16 and then didn't drive until I was almost 17. My dad had a rule that we had to drive with him until he felt comfortable with our driving abilities. I think it was a good idea. I've been driving over 20 years and have never been in an accident...knock on wood. :)

ToBeEvergreen
09-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Yay! Congrats on getting it! I was 18 when I got mine, right before college started.

Roxyluvsme13
09-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I had no desire to get my license when I was 16. But I was a cheerleader and when I'd call home for someone to come pick me up it was always such a big deal and people (my brother and sister) would get all mad that they had to go get me. Or my mom would say "fine I'll go get her" which would guilt them into getting me. My mom has always had a license but practically NEVER drives. She keeps it current for emergencys.
Anyway, I finally said I need to get my license to stop the bickering about picking me up. We lived in the country so I wasn't close enough to walk home. But I got my license 8 months after I turned 16 and then didn't drive until I was almost 17. My dad had a rule that we had to drive with him until he felt comfortable with our driving abilities. I think it was a good idea. I've been driving over 20 years and have never been in an accident...knock on wood. :)
My mom sort of had the same rule with me, I think. She's letting me drive myself back to campus tomorrow by myself so she's obviously fairly confident in my driving abilities now :D. I'm kind of nervous about it, but I think I'll be okay as long as I go before rush hour. Rush hour in Knoxville = horror.

That is fantastic that you've never been in an accident too; you're one of the lucky ones :).

Thanks again everyone :D

pomtzu
09-05-2011, 05:51 AM
My mom sort of had the same rule with me, I think. She's letting me drive myself back to campus tomorrow by myself so she's obviously fairly confident in my driving abilities now :D. I'm kind of nervous about it, but I think I'll be okay as long as I go before rush hour. Rush hour in Knoxville = horror.

That is fantastic that you've never been in an accident too; you're one of the lucky ones :).

Thanks again everyone :D

Easy goes it - you'll be fine! Just don't let your guard down and get overly confident too quickly. And watch out for the other guy - there are some real idiots behind the wheel.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this, but I've been driving for over 48 years and never had an accident (KNOCK ON WOOD) - just involved in one where I was rear-ended. I've had a few speeding tickets in that time, but I could count those on one hand! :p

Roxyluvsme13
09-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Easy goes it - you'll be fine! Just don't let your guard down and get overly confident too quickly. And watch out for the other guy - there are some real idiots behind the wheel.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this, but I've been driving for over 48 years and never had an accident (KNOCK ON WOOD) - just involved in one where I was rear-ended. I've had a few speeding tickets in that time, but I could count those on one hand! :p
Well, I made it to campus no problems :D. I drove in the rain, but I did fine!

Kudos to you also :). I hope I can go that long without an accident!

Cataholic
09-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Bri, you are one young lady I have really enjoyed watching grow up. Congrats on this "first".

Roxyluvsme13
09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Bri, you are one young lady I have really enjoyed watching grow up. Congrats on this "first".
Aw, shucks :o. Thank you!

Karen
09-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Well, I made it to campus no problems :D. I drove in the rain, but I did fine!

Kudos to you also :). I hope I can go that long without an accident!

Every new journey will be an adventure for some time - first rainstorm, first time driving at night, etc, etc. Just watch your speed (most new drivers I know's first accident or ticket is a result of driving too fast), and you'll be fine!

*LabLoverKEB*
09-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Congratulations Bri! That's awesome! I hope you are enjoying the freedom! Don't worry about the age.... I didn't get mine til I was 20.... :o

Roxyluvsme13
09-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Every new journey will be an adventure for some time - first rainstorm, first time driving at night, etc, etc. Just watch your speed (most new drivers I know's first accident or ticket is a result of driving too fast), and you'll be fine!
It has been so far :D. I love driving by myself though. I still have to experience night driving and interstate driving by myself...

And I try to watch my speed. I used to be extremely careful, but now that I've gotten a little bolder, it could be a problem :o.

Congratulations Bri! That's awesome! I hope you are enjoying the freedom! Don't worry about the age.... I didn't get mine til I was 20.... :o
Haha, wow. I'm glad I'm not the only one within this "got my license way too late" boat :p. And yes, I love the freedom!

*LabLoverKEB*
09-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Haha yes way too late on my part! But honestly I didn't really have any interest in driving at 16 or even 17 years old. And I truly believe that sure, you may be 16 and legally old enough to drive a car. But some kids are not even close to being mature or responsible enough to get behind the wheel of a car!

Alysser
09-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Congratulations Bri!! Sorry I'm so late with commenting this. Enjoy your freedom :) Are you commuting to school now?

Roxyluvsme13
09-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Haha yes way too late on my part! But honestly I didn't really have any interest in driving at 16 or even 17 years old. And I truly believe that sure, you may be 16 and legally old enough to drive a car. But some kids are not even close to being mature or responsible enough to get behind the wheel of a car!
I didn't have a huge interest in driving then either. I just got my car this past June, so there was really no point in driving yet. And oh yes, haha. I know plenty of people that are my age now and still don't need to be behind the wheel of a car :rolleyes:.

Congratulations Bri!! Sorry I'm so late with commenting this. Enjoy your freedom :) Are you commuting to school now?
It's all good :) Thanks.

Nope, I already signed a contract to live on campus this year, but I do go home really frequently, so it's nice :).

sana
09-08-2011, 09:04 AM

Haha :D Well, I don't think I'll ever get mine :eek: :o

Roxyluvsme13
09-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Haha :D Well, I don't think I'll ever get mine :eek: :o
Aww, Sana, don't say that :). You'll get your license. What age do you have to be in your country to get a license?