PDA

View Full Version : Cat names

trinity
11-08-2002, 03:01 PM
I know I saw this question on here before but now I can't find it...anyway what names have you given to your furkids...do they have more than one name?

Our four are:

Kunan: named after a Dungeons & Dragons character my brother ran a few years back. Also known as Kunan Flycatcher, or Fuzz Fuzz.

Bouncer: because when she was younger (and smaller) she bounced a great deal. Also known as Pudge cat or Bounce Bounce.

Zingo: named after a Dungeons & Dragons character my husband STILL runs when we play. Also known as Monster.

Plague (Black Death): Because she keeps trying to take Zingo's cute little nose (and other parts) off because he forgets she has claws and backs her into a corner.

I was just curious...

RockyRoad
11-08-2002, 03:05 PM
Lady: Don't know why
Sally: After my mom's best friend
Floppsy: I don't know
Kelsey: Kelsey Grammer

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-08-2002, 03:15 PM
Peanut, Peanster, Smoochie, Smooch Bomb, Smoochie Woochie.... She is just such a smoochable kitty that I can't help it. :rolleyes: :D

Tubby, Tubster, Big Boy, Fatso.....He's such a good boy that he gets smoochies quite often too, but he doesn't like it as much. :)

NoahsMommy
11-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Our cats have a ton of nick names...but their regular names include middle names:

Noah James
Noel Joy
Basil Nathaniel

neko1
11-08-2002, 04:31 PM
Neko- Mr. N or Mr. Fangs
Cookie- Boogly mas
Pumpkin- pumpkin head or humpy
Tama- tama-chan or tommy:D

-Panther-
11-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Napiainen or Napsu, as we call her : Got her name in a "shelter".
Nicknames: Napsu-Neiti, Nanna, Nappariina, Nuunuu etc. :D

Narri : Got his in a "shelter". He kind of has another name = Narri Nikanor, but I'm saving the name Nikanor for my next male cat :rolleyes:
Nicknames: Napanteri, Isomies, Kolli, Kingi

Nougat : I named her. Her name kind of had to start with the letter "N", so Nougat sounded nice :)
Nicknames: Neiti, kakara, äpärä, vaavi :p

Former User
11-08-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by -Panther-
Napiainen or Napsu, as we call her : Got her name in a "shelter".
Nicknames: Napsu-Neiti, Nanna, Nappariina, Nuunuu etc. :D

Narri : Got his in a "shelter". He kind of has another name = Narri Nikanor, but I'm saving the name Nikanor for my next male cat :rolleyes:
Nicknames: Napanteri, Isomies, Kolli, Kingi

Nougat : I named her. Her name kind of had to start with the letter "N", so Nougat sounded nice :)
Nicknames: Neiti, kakara, äpärä, vaavi :p

LOL for those Finnish nicknames!
kakaroita on meilläkin ;)

jenluckenbach
11-08-2002, 06:56 PM
Amber
Ashley
Biddy White Whiskers
Calvin Klein
Fern
Jasper
Lucas Wolenczac (a character on "Seaquest" a tv show I liked)
Monte Crisco
Rutherford B. Hayes
Sterling
Willow

and those that have passed to the RB
Bighteyes
Amanda
Thumper
Bear
Y.Lee

neko1
11-08-2002, 07:28 PM
Panther, love the name Nougat! That's so cute!:)

Uabassoon
11-08-2002, 07:38 PM
Corkscrew aka Corky, Big Boy, Corky Porky
Tibby aka Tibbylingus (I'm not sure where that nickname came from) Fuzzy Lumpkins, Baby

Felicia's Mom
11-08-2002, 09:10 PM
Felicia:

Beau: Which is short for Carmel Cat's McCleo's Beau.

Rainbow babies;

Inky

Shadow

Cleo: short for Cleophus. This name was taken from the Bible. Since Beau is sitting on my lap, I can't get up and see exactly where. Cleophus was Cleopatra until I found out ''she'' was a he.

One last thing. "McCleo" in Beau's name come from this and my name.

todd
11-08-2002, 10:06 PM
my cats nameis angel she is a orange tabby cat

11-09-2002, 06:52 AM
My cats Inka and Maya are named after ancient Indian tribes in America ! My RB-cat sydney was named Sydney , because her mom was Darwin , also an Australian city !

Lillycat
11-17-2002, 02:54 PM
well, i never considered middle names, like the idea tho and in the future i might use middle names. mine have last names tho, the same as mine!;)