PDA

View Full Version : What have I done to deserve all this crap?

Kirsten
09-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Yes, sometimes I really think I must have been a very bad person in my last life, why else do I have to deal with all these obstacles in my life? Many of you know that I'm dealing with various health issues, and that I'm not longer able to work, and that all this led to poverty and social isolation. I'm always alone, I can no longer go out and meet people since I'm feeling too ill, and most of my friends live far away, anyway.

With the beginning of September, I'm officially on disability pension. Over the last 21 months, since I lost my job, I went through many troubles with the health insurance, the unemployment office, and the welfare office. I won't go into details here, because otherwise, I would have to type for hours, but I can honestly say that none of these troubles were of my own making, sometimes it was due to a lack of communication within these autorities, or a wrong information I got, but all these battles took a lot of energy from my already burned out mind.

And it goes on and on and on. The latest crap: The police rang at my door this morning, telling me that somebody reported me. A woman had called them and told them that I have damaged another car in the parking area of a supermarket last week. I admitted that I've been there some day last week, but I didn't notice that my car has touched another one (and I'm sure one would hear it if that happened, right?). Even though they fond a tiny scratch on my car that could be from that incident, the entire thing seems strange to me. Especially when I later found the receipt from my shopping at that supermarket, the date on it was August 24, not August 25, as the woman who reported me has stated. So the entire thing is a bit fishy, to say the least... Have to show up at the police department on Monday, then I'll learn more. But all this is really more than I can bear, I've been through too much shit over the last years, and I'm fed up.

I know I haven't posted much lately, and I'm feeling sorry for this. But since I'm a member for so many years, I thought you should know. I'm feeling so empty and I feel there's not much left I could tell. More and more, I'm losing interest in all kind of things; I know I've given up, but I can't do anything about it. There's nothing positive, nothing to look forward to. I'm also sorry for Luna and Lily who have to deal with me, they deserve someone better, someone with a perspective, and with a life. I have none, and I'm feeling terribly ashamed for this.

Marigold2
09-01-2011, 05:44 PM
You have done nothing bad. And this is why I don't believe in Karma. Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to monsters and lazy bums.
Just know that being a good decent person is it's own reward. You have everyones respect and love who know you and all hope for happiness for you. Things have to get better and they will. Please try and stay positive things will turn around and this is just a small blip on the screen of your life.

Karen
09-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Oh, dear Kirsten, you do have a life, i promise. And even if we live far away, we still love you! I love your photos, you know that, you are a gifted photographer with any excellent eyes. If we lived even on the same continent, I'd say we should have a show, and I'd write a poem for each of your favorite pictures!

Sending big hugs, and a cup of cardamom cinnamon tea, to make you feel better!

That lady probably saw damage on her car, and just went "eeny-meeny-miny-mo" on who to blame, other than herself. As your receipt proves, it was not you!

pomtzu
09-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Kirsten - please try not to feel this way. You are a wonderful person and have so much to give. You can't give up - Luna and Lily need you, and you are the best mom that they could possibly wish for. If I lived near you, we could hang out and you could TRY to teach me just a fraction of what you know of photography and decorating, as I have no given talent for it. Have you ever considered taking on teaching these - even on just a small scale?

As for the incident with the car, I think your dated receipt will clear the whole issue. Please keep us posted - we all care about you more than you know. :love:

lizbud
09-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Hi Kirsten, of course you don't deserve bad things in life. When you are
already dealing with health issues & money issues, any other bad thing that
happens makes us feel that it's the last straw. We feel beaten down.:( It
happens to all of us sometime or other.

Things that I have done to change my mood are;

!. Have a good cry. A real boo hoo.
2. Get into some psysical activity. Scrub floors,wash walls, go out for a
long walk,go for a swim.
3. Write down all the good things you have in your life, starting with Luna
and Lily.

Marigold2
09-01-2011, 06:13 PM
One could always plot revenage on paper, then rip it cup while eating ice cream.

Kirsten
09-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your encouraging words, and for your advice. Means a lot! :)

It's true, with everything constantly going downhill, incidents like the one with the police are more than I can handle. I really hope that receipt will make them believe I have nothing to do with that, even though it's still odd that the one who reported me knew my licence plate. Also, it's strange that this person has obviously waited a week to report me. The entire thing is so confusing! :confused: Will keep you updated.

phesina
09-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Oh, Kirsten, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. I wish I was nearby so I could give you lots of great big {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} and my cats could ~~~~~~~~PURRRRRRRRR~~~~~~~~~ and give you headbumpies.

That car incident had to be the last straw, too. You're already feeling bad, and all of a sudden you're hit with something like this, which was something you had nothing to do with anyway. I hope the receipt will settle the matter with the police.

I thought Marigold had a GREAT idea for coping with this! -

One could always plot revenage on paper, then rip it cup while eating ice cream.

Many more hugs and purrs and good wishes to you. Remind yourself that this woman who reported you is a nasty vengeful idiot who just wants to make trouble for anyone she can, whereas you have so many good, kind, thoughtful, smart friends all around the world who think the world of you!

And you have Lily and Luna! Remind yourself also of what blessings they are and how much you and they mean to each other and need each other.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, Sparkler, Lavinia, and Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia

Anikaca77
09-02-2011, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Karen;2376548]And even if we live far away, we still love you! I love your photos, you know that, you are a gifted photographer with any excellent eyes. If we lived even on the same continent, I'd say we should have a show, and I'd write a poem for each of your favorite pictures!/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more with Karen. We are here for you. I feel for you because I have back pain, luckily I can get through some days without it but there are days like today that it hurts to get up from my desk at work. I also agree with Karen that you are a gifted photographer and I love your photos. They are so beautiful.

Take care,

Melissa

Kirsten
09-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks a lot for your support, Pat and Melissa! :)

And yes, Marigold's advice sounds great! :-)

@Melissa, I'm sorry to hear about your back, and I hope you'll feel better soon. Back pain is so horrible to deal with, my spine is so messed up, and I can feel another disc hernia coming (along with other things). Hope yours will soon get better!

Karen
09-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Some day I hope they will be able to replace spines as easily as they now do knees, etc.

Freedom
09-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Karen said what I would, if I could put things in words as well as she can. And lizbud's suggestion to write the positives is nice, starting w/ Luna and Lily O YES! I am sure the 2 L's love you, Kirsten!

Now Marigold's advice, I just LOVE that! :D

When I have health issues, suddenly everything seems as big as the Alps, and I must climb all of them: at the same time! So I suspect this has a lot to do w/ you feeling so down just now. I pray that you can find some peace through all the health issues.

ANY visit by the police is enough to tie a person in knots! UGH! I am glad you found that receipt.

Yes, you ARE loved, you are a treasured member of this community. And you DO have gifts, special talents, which you and only a few rare others have. Photography, and a command of languages. These things are going to help you through. Lean on us, enjoy your gifts, curl up and listen to the purrs of the L girls.

Scooter's Mom
09-03-2011, 12:08 AM
All of this, and even more. You're so special to so many people.

((hugs)) to you, Kirsten.

krazyaboutkatz
09-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through a lot of bad things right now.:( Please remember that you have many many cyber friends who care about you. I've always admired your photo's and photography skills. I'm sending you some positive vibes and lots of cyber hugs. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Kirsten
09-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Thank you, girls, for saying this... Means a lot! Wish I'd feel better, healthwise, so I could be more active and do some things to get my life back.

Well, tomorrow, at noon, I'll have to show up at the police station and I'm beginning to get nervous. Never had to do something like this before; makes me feel guilty even though I do no believe I've done anything wrong. Will keep you updated.

Karen
09-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Well, tomorrow, at noon, I'll have to show up at the police station and I'm beginning to get nervous. Never had to do something like this before; makes me feel guilty even though I do no believe I've done anything wrong. Will keep you updated.

Remember that you have done nothing wrong, and the police are there to help you, and you'll do fine!

Alysser
09-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Kirsten, I don't know if this is the case, but it's possible. Could this lady possibly be a scam artist? My mom's friend recently backed into an old woman's car in a parking lot. She said, one second the lady wasn't there and then she was. She barely tapped her and the lady claimed she did. They didn't get the cops involved or anything or go through insurance but the lady took it for an "estimate". Said it would cost $1000 to fix. My mom's friend said she barely tapped the car, her car had no damage but the lady's car was a royal piece of crap anyway and was damaged from previous accidents already. The lady kept calling her with these outrageous estimates and she eventually just said "forget it we are going through the insurance companies". I'm not completely sure if she was a scam artist but that sounds a bit fishy.

It's been known to happen, people will claim someone crashed into them while so they can get money or purposely get into accidents like that. Sounds a little fishy. I mean, I'm not sure she would go through with calling the cops though! But hey, if she did, she has dug her own grave! ;)

Good luck tomorrow! (((hugs))) and good thoughts going out to you!

Scooter's Mom
09-09-2011, 01:17 PM
How did everything go at the police station? Did it help that you had the receipt with the date on it?

Kirsten
09-09-2011, 01:28 PM
How did everything go at the police station? Did it help that you had the receipt with the date on it?

Thanks for asking. Not too many news at this point. I had to sign a written statement of my version, and I was told that the woman who reported me (she's also the car owner) had to show up at the police station on Wednesday. Haven't heard anything ever since. The cop also said that the scratches on my car and her car are not 100% matching, so I hope they will drop the charge. If that's the case, I won't hear anything from them, but at this point, I'm not feeling safe yet. Everytime the telephone rings, I fear it's a call from the police with bad news...

Kirsten, I don't know if this is the case, but it's possible. Could this lady possibly be a scam artist?

Yes, I really think it's something like that! Everything else makes no sense to me. I'm sorry this happened to your mom. :(

Apart from this, I'm dealing with a lot of backpain again. The symptoms I have now are very much like those I had when I had my disc hernias, so I'm pretty sure it's something like this again. Really, I'm so very tired of all this! My spine feels as if it's about to break.

GrandChester
09-09-2011, 01:39 PM
((((((BIG HUGS)))))

I hope she didn't show up at the police station.
I am not in physical pain..but mine is all emotional.
Hang in there for the cats and all your loved ones.
I am glad you are getting assistance with disability and such.
Take care sweet lady!

Kirsten
09-09-2011, 01:40 PM
((((((BIG HUGS)))))

I hope she didn't show up at the police station.
I am not in physical pain..but mine is all emotional.
Hang in there for the cats and all your loved ones.
I am glad you are getting assistance with disability and such.
Take care sweet lady!

Thank you so much!! :)

carole
09-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Oh sweet Kirsten when i read your post my heart breaks for you, i truly want you to believe in yourself, you are really good person, and your kitties are lucky to have you, never doubt that please.

We all have bad times and bad days,i know how it feels to have pain issues, depression,when you feel life is just so unfair, and nothing anyone can say or do can really change how you are feeling, all i can say is sweet Kirsten tomorrow is another day, and you never know what is around the corner, there is always light at the end of the tunnel ,although at times things seem so bleak, so horrible, one cannot imagine life ever getting better.

I fear that isolation is not good for you though and will only make things seem even worse, i wish you had someone dear and close to you that you can share your feelings with and someone that can help you and offer you compassion, caring,and understanding,maybe in time you will find that special person, i really hope so, because you certainly deserve it.

I can only tell you not to give up hope, to be true to yourself, and your feelings,i wish there was something i could do , i feel you feel you are all alone, and are giving up, please don't ,we all really do care about you here, and if there is ever anything i can do, whether it is just some one to pm now and then, feel free to do so, always here for you, take care, and GIANT HUGS and i hope with all my being that things will improve and this latest thing with the car is all over soon,and all will be resolved to your liking.

Kirsten
09-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks a lot for your kind words, Carole! You're right, the isolation is the worst, and it affects me badly. Sometimes my home feels like a prison. And it's hard ot believe that things will get better one day, when they have been going steadily downhill for so many years. So hard to imagine that I will get my life back, and not to lose any hope...

carole
09-11-2011, 05:03 PM
just you let me know if i can help in anyway, although we are many miles apart,i offer my hand in friendship and can be here for you ,just say the word.TAKE CARE sweetie.:love::love:

Kirsten
09-11-2011, 05:10 PM
just you let me know if i can help in anyway, although we are many miles apart,i offer my hand in friendship and can be here for you ,just say the word.TAKE CARE sweetie.:love::love:

Thank you very much for this, Carole! It's very much appreciated! :love:

Kirsten
09-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Bad news: Learned this morning that the case of that "car accident" has now been sent to the public prosecution department. :( I think it's about time to contact a lawyer, as I certainly don't plan to pay for something I haven't done!

How much **** can a person take? :(

blue
09-22-2011, 05:00 AM
I wish you the best of luck and you have my thoughts, prayers and eHugs. Nobody deserves this much ʇıɥs.

Kirsten
09-22-2011, 05:02 AM
I wish you the best of luck and you have my thoughts, prayers and eHugs. Nobody deserves this much ʇıɥs.

Thanks, blue! :)

pomtzu
09-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Wishing you the best, and a positive outcome, Kirsten.

I once had someone file a claim against me. I was pulling into a parking space, and the idiot in the next space opened his door and my car contacted the trim on his door and pulled it loose. Just loose - didn't even bend it or knock it off! Well he jumped out of his car and started raising hell and demanded my insurance info. He carried on like his car was a brand new Mercedes or the like, where in reality it was an old clunker - a real piece of junk. I wasn't going to fight it - I was alone but he had a passenger (partner in crime) to swear that he had the door open and then I pulled in and hit him. A couple of days later I got a call from my insurance company wanting a report of what happened and telling me that he had filed a claim and they were paying out $250 to have the trim replaced. Replaced???? - it could have been snapped back into place. I'm certain that's exactly what this guy did, and pocketed the $250.

Just another case of insurance fraud and someone looking for some free $$$. No wonder insurance rates are so high.

Kirsten
09-23-2011, 02:27 PM
@pomtzu: How very annoying! Some people only seem to wait for occasions like that to make some extra money! :(

mrspunkysmom
09-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Bad news: Learned this morning that the case of that "car accident" has now been sent to the public prosecution department. :( I think it's about time to contact a lawyer, as I certainly don't plan to pay for something I haven't done!

How much **** can a person take? :(

As much as you have to. I wish you luck and send you prayers. Did you take pictures of your car (and hers) right after you heard about the complaint?

Medusa
09-24-2011, 06:53 AM
So how are you today, Kirsten? Better, I hope. :)

Kirsten
09-26-2011, 03:59 PM
As much as you have to. I wish you luck and send you prayers. Did you take pictures of your car (and hers) right after you heard about the complaint?

No, I didn't, but the police did. I never saw her or her car in person, it wasn't until a week later that I learned about the entire thing, when the cops rang at my door. Nothing makes any sense...

So how are you today, Kirsten? Better, I hope.

Thanks for asking. :) Well, my back is slightly better, but far from being okay... It's bugging me a lot lately...

Cat Daddy
09-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Hang in there Kirsten. I know it's hard when you feel overwhelmed. We're all thinking of you and praying for the best outcome from all of this. I wish I could absorb some of your pain for you.