PDA

View Full Version : College starts in less than a week..

Alysser
08-31-2011, 09:50 PM
So I officially start college next week, tuesday September 6th. :eek: I went to orientation yesterday! I'm not really that nervous yet, but I know I will be. I am expecting heaps of work. My first class of the semester is English Comp.

Sorry for the random post. I am just in shock right now about how fast my senior year went!

Scooter's Mom
08-31-2011, 09:52 PM
You're going to do great!

Karen
08-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Congratulations! My niece had to report early, so she's been at college practicing with the track team for almost a week already!

We know you will do well, and check in if you need any help!

sana
08-31-2011, 11:26 PM
I hope you enjoy college and I hope it is really easy for you :)

My school starts two days after your college starts :(

chocolatepuppy
09-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Best of luck Alyssa. You will do fine!:)

Roxyluvsme13
09-01-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm super jealous that you don't have to start till the 6th! I started August 17th.

You will love college, I promise. It is so different than high school :)

Freedom
09-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Enjoy all the excitement of the first week! It will all become routine as you settle in.

Best Wishes!

dab_20
09-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Good Luck Alyssa! I agree, you are lucky, I started August 24.

You are going to love it. Just be prepared to "dive in" the first or second day of class. Not like high school, where it takes awhile to get started. You are going to find your classes are much more interesting and full of information. And if you hate the class, at least it only lasts a few months! hehe

What classes are you taking this semester?

It goes by fast. I can't believe I'm on my fourth semester already!! :eek:

Alysser
09-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Well I start classes today! I'm not really nervous, kind of excited :) I'll let you all know it goes.

Karen
09-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Hope you are having fun, not getting too lost on campus, and meeting new folks!

caseysmom
09-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Hope your first day went well.

phesina
09-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Best wishes to you, Alyssa, as you start off on all these new adventures!

jennielynn1970
09-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Best of luck with your classes, Alyssa!!! Hope you enjoy them!!

Alysser
09-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Well my first class was the basic introductory English course. It was from 1:30-4:15 at an additional campus, not the main campus. I'm at the additional campus for most of my classes. Friday will be the only day I am at the main campus and I think I'm ok with finding my classes over there! We will have to see friday. I already knew people from high school and met a new girl, seems like a fun group, we shall see. We already wrote an essay, which I think was pretty good and got 16 pages of reading and 2 journal entries. I already read 10 out of 16 pages. I have thursdays off school so that's when I'll continue do my journals. I have math (which I have with a good friend) and history tomorrow. I gotta get up early tomorrow, as I have a morning class, which sucks, but hey this is worth it! It's ALREADY better then high school. :p

I have a month long winter break to look forward to, with a 10 day cruise to add to the excitement! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
09-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Congratulations Alyssa! High school felt like the best.... but as you've heard before I'm sure, college is waaay better! You are at community college, right? :o. I've also realized that having good things to look forward to makes everything so much better.... weather you are in school, working, or whatever life stage you are in. You are awesome Alyssa!!

dab_20
09-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Glad you enjoyed your first day! The month long winter break is the best part! lol