PDA

View Full Version : My Pal Smokey The Senoir

catmandu
11-08-2002, 09:58 AM
I used to volunterr the the SPCa , but had to stop when they moved out of bus range, Iwas tleaving one day when someone brought in a very old 17 year old grey cat. Smokey as I came to call him had only 6 teeth was emaciated , and had medical problems. The worker there said he had 3 paws in the grave and the other on a banana peel.Well I felt so sorry for him I adopted him so he could at least spend his golden years in a home , and he really surrprised me ! With a premium food Eukanuba Vet and TLC, Mr. Smokey lived to be about 23 years old , and was in good health and spirits until his suden death . I foung him weak and paralysed by the batroom cabinet , with theother cats bringing him food and trying to comfort him. He died in my arms while I was waiting for a ride to the vets and we buried him in the backyard. He was a grand old cat , always happy , never fussy and grateful for anything he got. When you petted him , he acted as though it was the greatest thing that ever happened to him , and he even was the first to play with the catnip toys and mice that I bought from the shelter, Smokey the Sensational he thjought me a lot about living. Catrmandu

jenluckenbach
11-08-2002, 10:31 AM
What a terrific, terrific story. Thank you, I needed an uplifing moment.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-08-2002, 11:29 AM
What a heart warming story. I'm so glad you were able to take Smokey in and give him a wonderful home in his senior years. :)

ramanth
11-08-2002, 11:52 AM
What a wonderful story! :D

Thank you so much for sharing.

NoahsMommy
11-08-2002, 03:35 PM
Oh, sweet Smokey...thank you for your life and for the impact you had on your hooman and on us.

Enjoy your time at RB, awaiting your hooman. :)

Cataholic
11-08-2002, 05:02 PM
Catmandu...may the comfort you afforded Smokey be returned to you tenfold! You are a special hooman.
Johanna

smokey the elder
11-10-2002, 09:20 AM
My Smokey and your Smokey can party together at the RB. Thanks for sharing. 23 years is amazing!

Barbara
11-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Great story! It made me cry some happy tears.:)

Miss Meow
11-10-2002, 03:18 PM
I don't know if I have tears from sadness or happiness! Thank you for telling us Smokey's story. What a wonderful cat and friend you had.

koxka
11-10-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
I I foung him weak and paralysed by the batroom cabinet , with theother cats bringing him food and trying to comfort him. He died in my arms while I was waiting for a ride to the vets

Thank you so much for sharing.
If only the humans were half good as they are what a wonderful world it would be.