PDA

View Full Version : Meow

mathteach
08-26-2011, 01:51 PM
My little kitty is now 11 weeks and still cannot meow. A little noise comes out and that is it. Will Bentley ever meow? Or is this the only sound he will ever make?

Karen
08-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Some cats always have a small meow. We had a stray cat once that was that way, He'd open his mouth but nothing came out at all. We thought he'd never learn to meow, as his best buddy was our Saint Bernard, but sure enough, one day toward the end of that summer (he was stolen before fall) he opened his mouth and a noise came out. It took us a while to figure out what it was - he was making the sound that the cellar door's squeak made!

mrspunkysmom
08-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Fred, my cat nephew, has a squeak-chirp, barely audible. Emily produces an "Ack" with a few n's in it.

Spunky has a plaintive cry when he doesn't like something, Sam growls, Jane Trills, and I've yet to hear Bob say anything.

To each his own meow.

mathteach
08-26-2011, 07:29 PM
It does sound like an "Ack" with a few n's in it. It is such a funny sound! My other cats meowed from day one. Bentley is growing quickly and keeps me laughing and this meow he makes is also so funny!

catmandu
08-27-2011, 09:31 AM
My Tubster Panther hardly MEEOWS at all. :confused:
Scrappy Two's MEEOW is sort of hoarse now that she is older.:D
But Josephine Spunkette will make up for both as she MEEOWS like Juke Joint Joseph:love::love: and PURRRS LIKE MY Moose the MagnfiCat:love::love:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_Picture1767.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=Picture1767.mp4)
Its MY BED!!!!!:eek::eek:

Barbara
08-27-2011, 10:27 AM
After 11 weeks the meow can change- some kitties become really talkative later;)

katladyd
08-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Kimba just squeaks, and it is not a loud squeak. I think it's cute!

Medusa
08-27-2011, 06:22 PM
It isn't my intention to scare you but has your vet checked your kitty's throat? My Yodie didn't meow either when I first rescued her. Turns out she had an ear polyp that grew down into her throat. She could barely swallow let alone meow. Of course there's always the possibility that your kitty just has that type of meow, nothing more than a little squeak, and that's ok b/c it's what makes him different. However, just to be safe, you might have your vet look inside his mouth, throat and ears just as a precaution. :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-27-2011, 07:09 PM
I think I prefer quiet cats.:) My newest additions Alani and Blaze rarely meow. Alani will do what I call the silent meow. You can see his mouth open up like he's meowing but it's so faint that you can't hear it. If he's upset though, he will meow much louder. Blaze usually chirps and squeaks which is so cute to hear.:)

Ziggy Stardust has a meow like a tiny baby kitten. It's so funny to hear such a little voice come out of a big 14lb adult cat.:) Sky has a cute raspy meow. Storm used to be very quiet but now he's found his voice. It's kind of a hoarse sounding meow like he's losing his voice. Pearl being a Siamese mix has the loudest voice of all and she's the smallest of my cats.:)