PDA

View Full Version : My beloved Rascal is gone

gini
08-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Rascal passed away this afternoon at 5:45 p.m. on 8/24/2011 after a long illness.

He was the Founder of The House of Orange - and he ruled over Annie and Emma regally, fairly and lovingly.

For any of you that attended my BBQ's you will remember what a wonderful cat he was - everyone loved him - and he loved everyone just as much.

You have no idea how much I am going to miss him - I love him so much. He was my champion - my best friend and I was very fortunate the day that he picked out my house to be his home.

Sweet boy - rest in peace and then play - play with Sugar, Magic and Patches - I know they were waiting for you.

slick
08-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Merlin is sitting beside my computer as I write this and we both send healing vibes out to you as I wipe away my tears.:(

RIP sweet boy and enjoy your eternity in the sweet grasses of the RB. I'm sure by now you are sitting on Phred's knee, telling him all about the goings-on down here. So many hearts have been touched by you. Rest easy and I know you will make friends with Max and Speckles.

{{{hugs}}} my dear friend and I'm here whenever you need me.
other me
xoxo :love::love::love:

zippy-kat
08-24-2011, 10:37 PM
My deepest sympathies for my dear friend and the loss of your orange gentleman. My heart goes out to you, Gini, this is the worst part of pet ownership.

There is nothing I can say to take your pain away but know that we're holding you up in prayer and love. I'm so very, very sorry. {{hugs}}

shais_mom
08-24-2011, 10:45 PM
I am so sorry my dear friend.
Godspeed to sweet Rascal.
Much love to you, Mom.

zippy-kat
08-24-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm sure by now you are sitting on Phred's knee, telling him all about the goings-on down here.

I'm teary-eyed, too. However I snickered at this because I can JUST SEE Rascal slightly glaring at Phred and saying, "Really? Did you have to send all those LOUD fire trucks to the party?" Likewise, I can hear Phred say -as he did many times to Bowser- "Sorry about that, Bub." Man, now I really have tears coming down my face.

My heart hurts for you, Gini. I pray that the ache of his passing soon subsides and your heart can once again smile. {Love you, Gini.}

momoffuzzyfaces
08-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Aw, gini, I'm awash in tears now too. Nothing I can saw will take away the empty hole in your heart. Try and take comfort in that he is not suffering. He was one very loved boy and he knew it, I'm sure.

Phred and all our PT babies are probably having a wonderful party for him at Mario's bar at the bridge. You can bet Rascal will be watching over you from there. Every day that passes now, brings you closer to the time you will see him again. :love::love:

Rascal, my dear boy, please tell Leonardo, Luke, and Leroy and all my babies I expect them to show you around and I love them and miss them all. Oh, and Rascal, please don't believe everything Mario tells you, ok? You will be so terribly missed, sweetheart.:love::love:

Catty1
08-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Gini...I hope you can somehow feel all the prayers and love flowing to you.

Rest peacefully, dear Rascal.

Karen
08-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Oh, Gini, the House of Orange will continue his legacy of love for you, that I know. You will be in our prayers.

krazyaboutkatz
08-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Gini, I'm so sorry for your loss.:( Rascal was such a wonderful and handsome orange boy. I'm so glad that I was able to meet him when I attended your LA BBQ's. Now he's pain free and at peace up at Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure that my Sunny, Pepper, and Starr have already introduced themselves and I know that Phred has for sure. RIP sweet Rascal.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Scooter's Mom
08-25-2011, 02:26 AM
I'm so sorry about Rascal.

For some reason I also feel like he's having a chat with Phred.

kitten645
08-25-2011, 02:36 AM
I am so sorry for your lose. My heart is broken as well. RIP angel boy.:love:

Barbara
08-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Gini, Slick's mail yesterday told me about Rascal- but I still couldn't believe it that it would be his time. I am so very sorry. I know that Tigris and Filou will welcome him with open paws at the bridge.
My sister lost one of her cats 3 weeks ago (to cancer) and she worried that there would be no human there in the other world to welcome Lisa and I said- she only has to join the Pet Talk kitties. We found the thought comforting and I am in tears right now thinking how happy they will be at the bridge.:(

phesina
08-25-2011, 04:27 AM
I am so very sorry. Rest in peace, beautiful Rascal. You are so greatly loved and greatly grieved. Watch over your Gini from the Rainbow Bridge, she misses you so very much.

Peace and comfort to you, Gini. The love that you and Rascal share is eternal, and you and he will be together again.. One Fine Day.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,

Pat and cats

pomtzu
08-25-2011, 06:53 AM
Gini - I didn't know any members of The House of Orange, but Rascal sounds like he was a wonderful boy. I'm so sorry that he had to leave you temporarily, but you'll be with him again one day.

RIP Rascal :love:, and peace to you Gini.:love:

Medusa
08-25-2011, 07:25 AM
I'm sorry, Gini. I wish I could've had the pleasure of meeting Rascal. I can only imagine how much you will miss him. RIP, sweet Rascal and peace to you, Gini. :love:

anna_66
08-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Dear Gini,
Although I was lucky enough to meet you, I never got the chance to meet your sweet Rascal:(
I know how much he is going to be missed in your home.

Please know that you are always in our heart and thoughts as you go through this difficult time.
If there is anything at all we can help with please don't hesitate to ask.

Many, many (((HUGS))) from me, Mark and the furkids:love:

Freedom
08-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Gini, I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you. Rascal was quite the fella, and he will continue to be with you in Spirit, keeping tabs on everything happening at the House of Orange.

I lvoed the other comments about his meeting with Phred! :D I hope that gave you a wee smile, in midst of your sadness.

Rascal, have a grand time at RB!

Bengalz
08-25-2011, 08:54 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Gini and know that words today don't take any of the pain away:( You and Rascal had a wonderful time together and he will be in your heart always. Take good care of yourself and let your heart heal :love:

Rest in Peace Rascal and say hi to Phred for me.

Much love, Betty

smokey the elder
08-25-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm so sorry about Rascal.

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2011, 09:43 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Rascal. I am sure the other PT pets have welcomed him with open arms (including Phred) and they are all having a great time at the bridge.

RIP Rascal

catmandu
08-25-2011, 09:54 AM
We are so sorry to hear about Rascal's passing.
Michael Angel and All of My Orange POorchies have outfitted Rsacal with his Special Owesome Orange Wings of Silver and Gold , and his Halo of Diamonds and all Our Awesome Angels are taking Rascal to the Toronto CNE where Rascal will be the Cat of Honour!!!
:love::love:
We know that Rascal will miss you, but he will see you all again in Paradise.
One Fine Day:love::love::love:

wolflady
08-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Gini, my heart just broke when I saw this. I feel so lucky that I was able to meet him (and you!) at the LA BBQ's. He was always such a sweet gentleman and loved all the attention we lavished on him while visiting! ;-) Please know we are all here for you during this difficult time. I've lit a candle for you and Rascal.
Much love,
Karen :love:

slick
08-25-2011, 11:18 AM
My dear friend: I went to sleep with you on my mind and I woke up thinking about you, having been through the first long night without Rascal. Merlin and I are sending some love and hugs.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=14080925#

:love::love::love:

lbaker
08-25-2011, 12:16 PM
All my thoughts and whatever strength I can give go to you, Emma & Annie. Phred isn't the only two legger to welcome Rascal. Randi's John had a particular weakness/love for orangies as well.

Your friend,
L

cassiesmom
08-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Gini, I am so sorry. Hugs to you,
Elyse

beeniesmom
08-25-2011, 01:42 PM
I am so very sorry. :(

Randi
08-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Dear Gini,

I am terribly sorry to read that you had to say goodbye to Rascal. :( :( He was such a sweet boy, I know he was your heart kitty. I’m glad I got to meet him. He was so friendly and I was honoured that he would come and say hello to me and let me give him some treats during our lunch. Then he would pose for us in your lap. :) Oh, what a gorgeous boy he was!

You will miss him I know, as we all will, but as time goes by you will remember the good times with him. Rascal is now at peace, and after a little rest, he will be romping around with his kitty friends at the RB, and he will go for scritchies in Phred’s lap, as well as in John’s and Corinna’s.

Rest softly, sweet Rascal, you will never be forgotten. :love:

Take care, Gini! :love:

Love, hugs and soothing purrs from your friends
Randi & Fister

Killearn Kitties
08-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Gini, I am so sorry to hear that Rascal has had to leave you. They leave a ridiculously large hole that can never quite be filled, but I hope the thought of sweet Rascal with all those Pet Talk pets and humans will help some.

Rest in peace, handsome boy, and watch over your mom for us.

Lots of hugs coming your way tonight, Gini. :love:

However I snickered at this because I can JUST SEE Rascal slightly glaring at Phred and saying, "Really? Did you have to send all those LOUD fire trucks to the party?" Likewise, I can hear Phred say -as he did many times to Bowser- "Sorry about that, Bub."

What a lovely thought. :love:

Donnaj4962
08-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Oh my Gini, I am so sorry to hear of Rascal's passing.

I am certain your heart is aching, but know he is running free, healthy and loving exploring at the RB with all of our other RB babies and Our sweet Phred.

(((hugs))) to you.

lizbud
08-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Gini, I am so sorry that Rascal has passed on.:( I know that he will be
greeted by all of our fur angels who have gone before him. I'm also sure
he will be meeting up with John, Phred & Corrina who will keep Rascal
company while he waits to see you again one fine day.Love & (((Hugs)), Liz.

Poem For Cats

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Author Unknown

phesina
08-25-2011, 06:21 PM
What a beautiful poem. Thank you, Liz.

Rascal, you are home now, and always with your beloved Gini. Blessings to you both.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

Cataholic
08-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Oh, how my heart aches for you, Gini. There truly are no words at this time, this we all know too well. Time is the healer, and I wish you six months to pass in a blink of the eye, so that fond memories can bring some comfort. You are held dear by so many, and we share your grief so that it may lighten a bit. Rascal was an orangie, loved by many, none so deeply as you. He knew that, I am sure. Treat yourself gently.

wombat2u2004
08-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Awww Gini, I'm so sorry to hear about Rascal.
Losing a best mate is never easy. Please know that I feel your hurt, and if there is anything I can do from afar, just give me a yell....k ???
RIP Rascal, time to go play over the Rainbow Bridge with all of those kitties who have gone before you.

chocolatepuppy
08-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss of Rascal.:(

Pinot's Mom
08-25-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm so sorry, Gini. Peace to your soul.

Godspeed, Rascal.:love:

Malibu's Mom
08-25-2011, 10:26 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Gini. Sending lots of love your way during this extremely difficult time. RIP Rascal. :love::love::love:

slick
08-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Dear Annie and Emma:
I know that your household seems different now and I know that you feel the difference. Use this time to cuddle up to Meowmie as much as you can. All of you need each other right now.

Gini, never far from my mind and I hope you are reading these messages of healing and love.
other me xoxo :love::love::love:

gini
08-26-2011, 10:42 AM
"In their relative verbal silence, their souls seem to take up more room, therefore you feel the emptiness/void even more acutely."

My niece sent this to me and it describes exactly how I feel.
Rascal was a cat who was very much with you - talking to you - sitting by your side - curling up with you at night.

Even though I have Annie and Emma - there is a huge void in the house - because yes, his soul did take up a huge amount of room at my home.

I deeply appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers and love. So many have been through this - so I know that you understand the
pain and loss I am feeling.

gini
08-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Gini, I am so sorry that Rascal has passed on.:( I know that he will be
greeted by all of our fur angels who have gone before him. I'm also sure
he will be meeting up with John, Phred & Corrina who will keep Rascal
company while he waits to see you again one fine day.Love & (((Hugs)), Liz.

Poem For Cats

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Author Unknown

Liz, thank you so much for this beautiful poem with such lovely thoughts that our hearts are intertwined forever and ever with our pets too.

lizbud
08-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Gini, you are most welcome. It's one of my favorite poems & it helped me so much during sad times. I hope Rascal whispers into your heart soon, that all is well with him & you will meet again.

(((Hugs))):love:

ChrisH
08-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Oh, Gini, I am so sorry. :( My heart aches for you. {{hugs}}

Cincy'sMom
08-27-2011, 11:05 AM
So sorry to see this Gini :( RIP Dear Rascal.

Queen of Poop
08-27-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Gini. :love::love:HUGS:love::love:

mrspunkysmom
08-27-2011, 10:12 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Rascal's Loss.

slick
08-29-2011, 12:12 PM
I've been thinking of you my friend. :love::love::love:

ramanth
08-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I am so very very sorry for your loss. :( :( RIP sweet Rascal.

Nomilynn
08-29-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Rascal. Love and Hugs to you at this tough time.

RICHARD
08-31-2011, 02:32 PM
I just came on the site and heard about your loss Gini.

I read all the posts and have to say that everyone was very complimentary, but no one mentioned the thing that I will always remember him for.

His drooling.

I remember having him sit on my lap and soon I had a little puddle of spit on my shorts/jeans.

Gini was over-the-top apologetic about his behavior and I tried to reassure her that it was really AOK.

I never took that as a slight and always enjoyed it.

Just because it drove Miss G crazy. ;)

I am very sorry to hear that the HoO will miss it's most prominent occupant.

Play well at the bridge, Rascal.

You were always a gentleman, friend and the best representative/host/mascot for the House of Orange.

gini
09-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Thank you so much for all of your kind thoughts. I find that there are dozens of times a day I do something and it immediately reminds me of how Rascal would have been right at my side talking and helping. That boy's spirit is huge.

Getting his ashes back has helped - at least I feel he is in the house again.

But what I consider to be a direct signal to me from Rascal is the rainbow that appeared last weekend right out my kitchen window. He must remember that this is the only place in the house that I would be sure to see it.

It was a clear and very brilliant rainbow and it brought me to a dead halt - and I just stared at it.

Thank you Rascal I think you were trying to tell me that you are alright and certainly at the Bridge.

I love you little boy - forever and ever.

phesina
09-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Oh, how sweet that is, him sending you that rainbow like that!

And what a comfort to have his physical remains with you now.