PDA

View Full Version : Scattering Ashes

Fancy'smomma
08-22-2011, 11:55 AM
I was wondering first of all I don't know where to put this so please forgive me if it does not belong here

my cat's urn is a beautiful wood and to scatter ashes I have to unscrew the bottom. My question is for you who have ashes to scatter, is the bag generally a resealable bag??

I will check but I can't check now because I don't have the tools right now. So I am asking right now for anyone who has ashes to scatter.

Thank you!!!

moosmom
08-22-2011, 02:02 PM
I just looked at mine. Murphy's ashes are sealed in a decorative can. My other cat's ashes were in a bag, but the bag was NOT resealable. It was in a plastic bag, taped closed.

Two of them I've transferred into beautiful colored bottles (MooShoo and Mollie Rose). Casey "Bubba Dude" ashes are in a plastic bag, in a wooden box made from special wood found only in Hawaii.

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. It's SO hard not to get emotional. All my cats ashes are going to be combined with mine when I go, as we will ALL be scattered together at Bolton Lake, my wonderful childhood hang out.

Fancy'smomma
08-22-2011, 02:56 PM
thats such a good idea. I've been thinking that when I'm gone, Fancy will even be in my will when / if I even make one. I know though, I do want her to be with me when I'm gone though.:love:

Moesha
08-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Morgan's ashes were in a resealable baggy. I took some of them and sent them to another Pet Talk member and had her made a glass pendant and include some of them in it. That way, if I ever do decide to sprinkle his ashes somewhere, I'll always still have part of him with me.

pomtzu
08-22-2011, 04:37 PM
I have the ashes of several RB pets - both dogs and cats. I have never scattered their ashes, and when I leave this earth, all of their ashes will be mixed with mine and we will be scattered in the ocean. We're going to travel the world (via the ocean currents) together. :):love:

dehlers43
08-22-2011, 06:31 PM
If my city knew about all the ashes in my entertainment center, they would probably make me get a license......:rolleyes:
Currently "in residence" are 2 dogs, 3 cats and my late husband, all in nice little boxes. When I'm gone, my wish is for us all to be mixed together and scattered around on a Christmas tree farm....:love:

catmandu
08-23-2011, 09:45 AM
My Found Hotel Cats ashes are scattered near a Large Wishing Well at My Vet's office, near his home and offices.:love::love:
They are close to the vilalges of Caledonia, Flamborough , Waterdown and Dundas where there are so many Great Places to Dine.:love::love:
Fancy Angel:love::love: is welcome to dine and picnic with My Found and Porch Ctas and Dogs anyday, or Fancy can join us at the King's Buffet Today.:love::love:
Lots of Yummies in Our Tummies!!:love::love: