PDA

View Full Version : New UPDATE on Ellie-Mae...

carole
08-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Well it is now over two months since Ellie had her two major surgery's,she is doing ok, as well as can be expected, i do think the dental has now reduced my little girls pain levels , in fact i think she no longer is in pain, she even eats much better than before, managing to eat steak and fish and chicken, which was always a problem before, some days she eats large amounts of food, other days not so much.

However on the negative side, she is not gaining much weight, although holding her own, and her fur is not looking in good condition, a bit oily, scraggy and she does have like dandruff now,which was not there before.

Anyhow here is a pic of my wee girl basking in the sun pouring through the ranch sliders on a warm winters day, you can see by the pics she is very thin and not looking all that great.

I have to say though she is much sweeter natured now and we do think the sore mouth was making her bad tempered, she still has her fiesty nature though, but just a much calmer, sweeter girl now.

There is also a pic of ellie and her daughter nikki together taking in that lovely sunny day. enjoy.

Marigold2
08-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Oh sweet angel, may she be well soon.

carole
08-21-2011, 11:03 PM
she is doing quite well considering, but my gut feeling tells me all is not so well,she is getting on in years, so could be a manner of things, probably have to get her re-checked soon,but for now she is holding her own.If you look at her pic in my siggy taken before her illness took hold you can sure see the difference, she was a very healthy cuddly wee thing before, she is very thin now.

phesina
08-22-2011, 05:38 AM
Oh, I 'm so glad she is feeling so much better!

Freedom
08-22-2011, 07:41 AM
There is something so blissful and peaceful, "not a care in the world" attitude, about a kitty snoozing in the sunshine. I love that first shot!

Nice to see her with Niki, as well.

There must have been tons of blood work leading up to the 2 surgeries. Didn't show anything, huh? Older cat, poor coat, losing weight, I always think thyroid. Which isn't so bad, as it can be managed w/ a daily pill.

Thrilled she is now pain free!

moosmom
08-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Carole,

Glad Ellie Mae is doing well. She is so beautiful!! Reminds me so much of my Shortie Girl.