PDA

View Full Version : Pet Loss product

Freedom
08-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Friend on FB recommended this line of items to another who just lost her cat. I found it interesting, and thought I share. You can buy the pillow, for example, and always be able to hugs your pet. Rather than a memorial urn which sits on a shelf.

Not for everyone, I KNOW that. But some pet owners will find these interesting.

http://www.soft-hearted.com/

mrspunkysmom
08-21-2011, 09:45 AM
JMHO, that is foul.

happylabs
08-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Interesting. I wouldn't mind having a pillow with Casey's name on it but I don't think I want her ashes in it. I can see some people might do that though. To each his own. :)

catmandu
08-22-2011, 09:25 AM
I would like that pillow, but starting at 110 dollars is a bit much:eek:

happylabs
08-22-2011, 09:29 AM
I would like that pillow, but starting at 110 dollars is a bit much:eek:

You could find someone that makes pillow covers and just put the ashes inside that way. It would be much cheaper. Something that wold be really cool would be to get the pet's photo put on material and then have that be the front of the pillow case. Hey maybe we are onto something now. I can make pillow covers, they are fairly easy. Thinking...

Check these out. They are pretty cool.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/77076620/labrador-retrievers-pair-of-pillow?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=pet+pillow+covers&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

smokey the elder
08-22-2011, 09:41 AM
There is also a site that will send out ashes to be heated and transformed into some kind of gemstone.

catmandu
08-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Thats a good idea , as there are pillows with Photo Pockets that you can buy at the Dollar Store, and thier Dear Friends will love sleeping on them.
Thank you for the idea.:cool::cool::cool:

CultureJunky
08-23-2011, 04:02 PM
That's quite and odd concept. I like the idea of gemstones made from ashes, and I think that's something I'd consider. But I don't like the idea of it in a pillow, that's not for me. I don't like the idea of an urn either though. Jack is buried in the garden and has his memorial stone and rose, and that's the way I like it. Jack is gone, he's not in the garden only his bones now, but he was laid to rest there and that satisfies me. All that's left of him are my memories and photographs and videos, and I think that's the best way to remember your cat or any other pet for that matter.

tokolosh
08-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Weirdly enough, my first impression was that the pillow was made from the pet's fur and stuffed with whatever, instead of being made from whatever and stuffed with the pet. Even weirder (to me) is that of the two, I'd almost consider it if it was that.

When Limpet was sick, those last weeks staring down the barrel of her death while I was putting needles in her twice a day and giving cuddles, I really did understand why some people have their pets stuffed and mounted. It wouldn't work for me, but I couldn't see how I was going to function without those little grey velvet paws to stroke. So I had a few desperate days where I really wanted to think it would fix that. But for me it doesn't. She was more than any one part of the body she walked around in. I have her ashes because I just couldn't tell what I was going to mourn or regret not doing, down the road. They're sitting in their urn on top of the fridge and I don't even want to open the box.

It's good to know what's available though. Whatever comforts people, it seems to me it's good that the option is there.