PDA

View Full Version : Clearly, I've lost my mind...

Glacier
11-07-2002, 10:32 PM
I'm leaving the office tonight with a list of errands to run before I head home. Get in the truck and suddenly get this overwhelming feeling that something is wrong with Preacher--my house dog. So I do one errand, can't think of anything else so I drive home in the fog, cursing at the people in front of me--who were driving quite sensibly for the conditions! I live a long way out of town, so by the time I get home, I am in tears, having managed to convince myself that Preacher is dead and that will be the first thing I see when I open the door. He sleeps in the porch all day. Run into the house, ignore the other dogs and the cats, whip open the door, to be greeted by Preacher, just standing up to stretch. He'd like out for a pee, but otherwise he is just fine. I am sure he thinks I'm completely insane. I've been hugging him and loving on him all night now......

I think I need a vacation!

aly
11-07-2002, 10:58 PM
Yes, you probably could use a vacation :D :D

Take a few deep breaths, everything is ok :)

COCatMama
11-07-2002, 11:59 PM
Maybe he was in danger but avoided it somehow, don't ever ignore your gut feelings.....EVER!
the night before Halloween I had this dream that Juneau leapt over an impossibly high fence. I woke up in the AM remembering this dream, and thought 'weird dream'.
Went to work, it was halloween that day....Went to my friend's consignment store after work and she commented that i 'looked tired' -- she never BSes :). I WAS tired and I really did not want to go out dancing. just wanted dinner and to go to my house. Over dinner she decided she was too tired too and we drove back to my place. She asked 'where's your dog?' usually he is on the deck overlooking the driveway. I thought steve left him inside cause of the fireworks that were going off everywhere. I opened the front door....No Juneau. I was becoming somewhat alarmed by this time and thought maybe he was hiding outside or in the house. No dice, started to panic....ran out front screaming his name and saying stuff like 'please no, this can't be happening' I thought he had been dog-napped :(. Ran up and down the street and finally some teenager said the dog was in his house....found J there on the couch lol watching TV with the husband. My friend was with me and i ran into this house and grabbed my dog all in hysterics etc. Anyway, my friend said she had felt tense and weird all day and could not figure out why, then i told her about my dream not really thinking anything of it, then it hit both of us, That dream was a warning which I did not take seriously!! I have had one or two dreams like this before, and I make it a point to warn the humans in my life if i have a dream about them, whether the dream was good or bad.

The moral of the story is, better safe than sorry!!
Also if i have a dream i ate a certain food, the next day i go and get it :).

jenluckenbach
11-08-2002, 05:04 AM
I'm with the better safe than sorry route..........How could we ever live with ourselves if we had that feeling and soemthing WAS wrong?? No one here would think you're insane.

mugsy
11-08-2002, 07:18 AM
Never, never, never ignore gut feelings. Even if they're wrong 9 times out of 10, there's always that 10th time. I'm glad he's ok. He probably DID think you were nuts, but then, don't most kids think their parents are insane when they worry?? lol

anna_66
11-08-2002, 07:20 AM
I'm glad to hear everything was a-ok!

I'd always listen to my gut feelings, just in case!

ramanth
11-08-2002, 07:39 AM
You're not insane! Always listen to your gut feeling. :)

Besides... to Preacher.. it WAS an emergancy! He had to pee! ;) :D