PDA

View Full Version : I have a good excuse...

Randi
08-19-2011, 11:32 AM
... to drink a glass of wine today. We have just been warned not drink the water in all of Copenhagen, they have found E-coli bacteria in it.

I have of course emptied Fister's glass and the Petmate. I'm boiling water like crazy and putting ice cubes in, so he can get a drink fast if he wants. :)

The link shows an image of Copenhagen - I live in Nørrebro. I wonder what they're going to do about it. :eek:

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2011/08/19/170625.htm

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2011, 12:44 PM
... to drink a glass of wine today. We have just been warned not drink the water in all of Copenhagen, they have found E-coli bacteria in it.

I have of course emptied Fister's glass and the Petmate. I'm boiling water like crazy and putting ice cubes in, so he can get a drink fast if he wants. :)

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2011/08/19/170625.htm

1-Well, I hope the wine is a Pinot. ;)

2-The ice cubes? Were they made with the water that's tainted? :eek:

Freedom
08-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Usually, they just wait for rain to dilute the water and make it safe again.

Thanks for the map, interesting!

Enjoy that glass of wine!

Randi
08-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Freedom, I will! :D Thanks!

1-Well, I hope the wine is a Pinot. ;)

2-The ice cubes? Were they made with the water that's tainted? :eek:
Well, it's not a Pinot, although I love that. It's a Cabernet Savignon/Merlot called Spiers from South Africa. I quite like that, too. ;)

The ice cubes had been in the freezer for weeks - I did think about that.

Isn't it amazing, they can't tell for sure if the water is dangerous to drink... until tomorrow when they have done some more tests. In any case, I have a couple of pots with boiled water now. :) I did cook my potatoes in it, and I'm still here. :D

Edit* I just read that you can boil potatoes, but not brush your teeth. And the water has to boil for two minutes. I'm safe! I just wonder if Fister likes water that potatoes has been boiled in, I've given him half/half.

happylabs
08-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Oh dear, yes, I totally agree that you should drink the wine. I would most likely need more than one glass to help me cope with such a situation. :D

Randi
08-19-2011, 01:22 PM
LOL! Oh indeed! I've just had my second. :D (it is dinner time here, after all) ;)

lbaker
08-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Oh dear Randi and Fister :( forced to drink wine and potato water... (don't they make some sort of moonshine out of potato water stuff :confused: ) seriously... that e.coli stuff is nothing to mess with. You all take care....

:love: Laurie

Randi
08-19-2011, 01:48 PM
...forced to drink wine and potato water... (don't they make some sort of moonshine out of potato water stuff :confused: ) seriously... that e.coli stuff is nothing to mess with. You all take care....

:love: Laurie
Thanks Laurie, but I have no idea what you're talking about here. Probably gotta brush up my English.

lbaker
08-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Randi, moonshine - aka "Boot Leg Whiskey" is a home made alcoholic brew (mostly illegal) often made with potatos, rather fermented I believe... brewed in a "still" - a kettle type of thing with copper piping catching the drip whilst simmering the brew... or so I've heard :rolleyes: ;)

Randi
08-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Ah, thanks for enlightening me. Of course, you haven't tasted any of that! :eek: :D

Btw, how are you doing, we don't see you very often anymore. :(

lizbud
08-19-2011, 05:30 PM
I just wonder if Fister likes water that potatoes has been boiled in, I've given him half/half.

Better watch out, Fister might come to like his water like that all the time.:)

Pinot's Mom
08-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Potatoes are used to make Vodka - I'd keep an eye on what Fister's drinking. ;)

mrspunkysmom
08-19-2011, 06:35 PM
This is a foul thought, but if you can't brush your teeth with the water, you sure can't bathe with it. :eek: I would boil water just to sponge bathe.

Hope it gets better soon.

Randi
08-24-2011, 01:40 PM
We are now allowed to drink tap water again. :) I've come to realize how much I enjoy a fresh glass of ice cold water - not to mention how much easier it is!

The situation is reminding me of how my grandmother lived. I used to visit her every summer during the fifties, and I remember the buckets of rain water that was always standing outside. There was also pump 2-3 minutes walk away, but buckets full of water are heavy!