PDA

View Full Version : cat dictionary

RICHARD
11-07-2002, 07:20 PM
meOW!- hey a little food here?

-MEOW?- where are you going?

-mmmeeeeoooooowwwww- where are you?

?meow?- what the hell was that all about?

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - hey bucky, that feels real good!

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooowwww - hey, that thing on the shelf
jumped down on me!!!!!

MEow!!!!!! - hey, can you call the hygenic engineer to take a look
at this cat box?

am putting together a cat dictionary....looking for contributions.....

thanks!

jenluckenbach
11-07-2002, 08:20 PM
NEOOOOOOOOOW = I want my food NOW !!

boscibo
11-07-2002, 09:10 PM
MEEeeee-ouuuttt - Please open this door and let me out into the other room.

All Creatures Great And Small
11-07-2002, 09:14 PM
burton, burton, burton, burton........ (I love this new purr pad - thanx, mom!)

Barbara
11-08-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
NEOOOOOOOOOW = I want my food NOW !!

My cats speak the same language than Jen's

There still is:

Meeeoooo (loud, short and aggressive): now clean my toilet but a little quick!!

11-08-2002, 03:56 AM
MOW ????? meaning : what's up ?? what do you want ??

AmberLee
11-08-2002, 04:12 AM
Miiiiirrr? = What's happening? (alt. - Is it snack time for a pussy cat, namely me???)

Vio&Juni
11-08-2002, 06:11 AM
Miirrrow, Miirrrow, Miirrrow, Miirrrow - hey, spoil me, spoil me

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-08-2002, 11:38 AM
I don't know how to write it, but Tubby does this little chirping thing in his throat - doesn't open his mouth - when he's sleeping and I touch him and wake him up. It's like he's saying "Hi, what's up?" It's like a meow that comes from his throat. It's so cute and I love it when he does that. :)

Chinadoll
11-08-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I don't know how to write it, but Tubby does this little chirping thing in his throat - doesn't open his mouth - when he's sleeping and I touch him and wake him up. It's like he's saying "Hi, what's up?" It's like a meow that comes from his throat. It's so cute and I love it when he does that. :)

I know what you mean. I love the chirpy thing...but Scout does it when he's happy and playing(meaning flying from cat tree to cat tree)

Cataholic
11-08-2002, 05:16 PM
OMG! Allie chirps too! She definetly does it when I touch her if she is sleeping, but also when she is just acting crazy..

What about the low, lone noise at 3 am....mmmmmuuuuuuuuowwwwww.....I think it means, "Help me out here, folks, I need a little light, and some attention"

kitten645
11-08-2002, 06:03 PM
ah ah ah ah (sounds like a machine gun!) meaning "Come quick mom, there's something (bird,squirrel,bug,leaf) very interesting moving on the porch!"

I call that one Calvin's war cry :D

jenluckenbach
11-08-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by kitten645
ah ah ah ah (sounds like a machine gun!) meaning "Come quick mom, there's something (bird,squirrel,bug,leaf) very interesting moving on the porch!"

:D That's how to write it !
I even asked Honey today "how would you spell that noise that Thumper used to make when he watched the birds outside"?

tuxluvr
11-09-2002, 07:35 AM

I call those "purrups"

prrrrrRRRP kind of a purr/meow combo, but not a full meow involved

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr

I call those "purrups"

prrrrrRRRP kind of a purr/meow combo, but not a full meow involved

Exactly, because he never opens his mouth to do it. :)

Peanut makes the "Calvin's War Cry" noise too when she's watching the birds. Tubby doesn't though. But Peanut doesn't do the "purrups." Funny how they each have their own little noises.

Oh, and Tubby definitely does the "3 am....mmmmmuuuuuuuuowwwwww.....I think it means, "Help me out here, folks, I need a little light, and some attention"" Noise. It sounds so awful, like he's lost or something. Most times as soon as I call to him he stops, but sometimes not.

Edwina's Secretary
11-11-2002, 03:26 PM
Edwina does a nyat, nyat,nyat,nyat. I understand it as...now,now NOW!

tuxluvr
11-12-2002, 10:15 AM

Exactly, because he never opens his mouth to do it. :)

Peanut makes the "Calvin's War Cry" noise too when she's watching the birds. Tubby doesn't though. But Peanut doesn't do the "purrups." Funny how they each have their own little noises.

Oh, and Tubby definitely does the "3 am....mmmmmuuuuuuuuowwwwww.....I think it means, "Help me out here, folks, I need a little light, and some attention"" Noise. It sounds so awful, like he's lost or something. Most times as soon as I call to him he stops, but sometimes not.

Ritzy does the "bird chirrup" cry too...kind of sounds like a dolphin, and her lower jaw "jitters" when she's doing this..also when she sees a fly

She also does the 3am wwwoooowww...sounds like she is sick or hurt. Lately, she has done this to "announce" that she brought the big ratty (large stuffed fake mousie) up to the top of the stairs and won't stop until one of us gets up to "see and praise".

Wait...who runs this house again?