PDA

View Full Version : oh my it is cold here today..

carole
08-15-2011, 04:38 AM
I cannot believe it, but where i live had a very small dusting of snow today, i did not see any,but i sure felt the cold and the bite the wind had, we never ever get snow here in Hamilton city,but further down the island does and the south island, we sure are having a polar blast, oh do i love my heat pump in this weather,so do the kitties, we are all tucked up nice and warm inside together.

Anyhow i know snow is nothing new to many of you, but it is so unheard of in my area, i just had to post, now i would actually like to experience some snowflakes falling on me, now that would be something else.,patiently waiting,but not holding my breath lol.:)

ChrisH
08-15-2011, 06:21 AM
I thought of you earlier when I read this on Twitter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Micellaneous%202/Capture-2.png

Enjoy the rarity of it I say. :)

happylabs
08-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Oh my snow...and to think I dislike it here in Pennsylvania. I hope you get to have snowflakes on your face. :)

davidpizzica
08-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Sis, I hope you enjoy the rarity of it!

Karen
08-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Ooh, carole, I hope you get to see some falling! I love snow, as most of you know!

smokey the elder
08-15-2011, 12:51 PM
The weather around the world is just bonkers.

Catty1
08-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Cold and rainy here, 7C, going all the way up to 16C. NOT summer weather!

I am glad you and the kitties are nice and warm, Carole! Enjoy the snuggle!

carole
08-15-2011, 03:24 PM
oh dear no snow here yet, but oh my jack frost has been around doing his thing,nice and chilly -2 degrees this morning,yes would be awesome to actually feel snow, here i am born in scotland and never experienced snow,well i have been to the snow twice in my life when i was 13 and 18 yrs ago with our then young daughter and son,but to have it in our own city would be something special, oh i know how difficult it can be living with snow,seeing it on the telly down south, i do not envey them, but just would be a bit of a novelty here in the waikato.:):D

Marigold2
08-16-2011, 12:24 PM
In the 80's here again today. AC on.

phesina
08-16-2011, 03:56 PM
There was a feature on this on local (Detroit) TV news the other night..

After the news report, the one announcer said to the other, "Well, if it only snowed once in 80 years here, we'd probably really enjoy it too!"

carole
08-16-2011, 04:29 PM
He He i agree, it does snow the in the middle of the north island, sometimes in wellington and down the south island, but hamilton and auckland almost unheard of , last time was 30 yrs ago in auckland, yep bit of a novelty here, but i still did not see any snow boo hoo.:D

Hellow
08-16-2011, 05:52 PM
I can't wait for winter. It's hitting high 80s - low 90s regularly here.

wombat2u2004
08-17-2011, 08:24 AM
He He i agree, it does snow the in the middle of the north island, sometimes in wellington and down the south island, but hamilton and auckland almost unheard of , last time was 30 yrs ago in auckland, yep bit of a novelty here, but i still did not see any snow boo hoo.:D

We've had no snow this year in Armidale. But thats not to say that we won't.
The weather here has been absolutely glorious just lately, but as we know here, winter will come back and bite us on the bum before spring arrives.
Living in the highest city in Australia has it's ups and down weather wise, two years ago it snowed here in late November.....cripes...that's summer....hee hee.

Lillycat
08-21-2011, 08:55 PM
......i would not miss having snow at all.......well, maybe a light dusting on Christmas Eve would be nice......sigh......i am still waiting for Spring.....and not enjoying the hot weather we have been having......

carole
08-21-2011, 09:56 PM
the weather down under has been glorious, sunshine,still cold in the mornings and evenings, infact -1 this morning, but i can see spring is on its way.