PDA

View Full Version : Not for the faint of heart...added photo ....caution!!!

caseysmom
08-13-2011, 11:57 PM
So last night at midnight i was mopping the kitchen floor getting ready for my daughters baby shower and i slipped and fell...my pinkie finger got stuck in a cabinet on the way down from the fall and the tip of my finger stuck in the cabinet....excuse the no caps etc that finger cant type.

Hubby put the tip on ice but they decided not to reattach so it will mess up my manicures if I was the manicure kind haha....

pretty narly and disgusting but we got through the shower and now I have a story for my twin granddaughters!

Scooter's Mom
08-14-2011, 12:08 AM
I just have one word... OUCH.

I hope you're not feeling too sore. Take it easy!

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2011, 12:56 AM
How horrible.:( I hope you'll heal up quickly.

blue
08-14-2011, 01:25 AM
I am probably the only member of this forum who feels let down by the lack of pics.

I hope it wasnt to bad and heals up fast.

slick
08-14-2011, 02:22 AM
...and I thought my bruised pelvis was bad enough. Ouch is right. I hope you are not in too much pain.

chocolatepuppy
08-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Oh no! I hope it heals up quickly. At least you made it through the baby shower!;)

Puckstop31
08-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Ouch!

Love how you are able to make a joke about it though. You should make up a cool story to tell the grandkids! LOL

"This one time, at band camp...." :D

cloverfdx
08-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Blue nope i was hoping for pics as well ;). I hope your poor finger gets better soon.

moosmom
08-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Wow, Caseysmom. I'm sorry. I hope it heals quickly and painlessly.

You had me laughing, though. Only a woman would toss the tip of her finger on ice and rush to the ER, worrying all the way about it screwing her manicure up! It just struck me as funny.

Love and hugs,:love::love:

Donna and fur crew

caseysmom
08-14-2011, 12:22 PM
i am suppose to clean it before my ortho appt so i will have someone take a pic i was vagually thinking we should take a pic in the er but i at that time i was thinking i don't ever want to see it i didn't look once beyond the first glance but now i wish we would have.

its funny my youngest is home for college and we left while she was sleeping i thought she's going to wake up and mom and dad are gone and there is blood all over the kitchen luckily she slept right through it all and as she would say it was gnarly

i didn't tell my other daughter till she arrived for the shower she is hyper sensitive right now being pregnant and then she kept going on and on about feeling bad and it wasnt her fault her mom is a klutz

Thanks everyone for the well wishes

Taz_Zoee
08-14-2011, 12:49 PM
OMG, I cringed while reading this. (Although, I wouldn't have minded pictures either.) Boy, that is a story for the granddaughters. "I gave up the tip of my finger for your baby shower."

Hope you heal up quickly.

mrspunkysmom
08-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Oh my. Hope it heals quickly and nail grows back. Not sure about the pix right now.

Moesha
08-14-2011, 01:55 PM
I hope that it heals well also. I have a suggestion though if you do post pictures, please just post the link and don't put the image directly in the post. I don't know that I would want to see it. But then again I might get curious, click on the link and look through the cracks in my fingers covering my eyes. :eek:

caseysmom
08-14-2011, 02:32 PM
I hope that it heals well also. I have a suggestion though if you do post pictures, please just post the link and don't put the image directly in the post. I don't know that I would want to see it. But then again I might get curious, click on the link and look through the cracks in my fingers covering my eyes. :eek:

Don't worry I will do it as an attachement or something...i already thought about not wanting to make anyone throw up...haha

aTailOf2Kitties
08-14-2011, 03:37 PM
my boyfriend ripped off his thumbnail yesterday morning at the junkyard and is still being a big whiny baby about it. I need to show him this thread so maybe he'll put on his big-boy pants and just hush up:p

mrspunkysmom
08-14-2011, 03:53 PM
ToTK, I just re-read Havoc's CotD and I do believe he is even more handsome now. How is his leg now?

Also, it seems the Havoc and Toby could be brothers. How similar they both look.

phesina
08-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Eeee--- yowww!!! Good wishes that this heals up well, quickly!

K9karen
08-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Yikes! I hope your boo-boo heals soon. Funny how I never think about my pinkie fingers until they hurt. Then I appreciate them.

Hope you had a lovely time t the shower despite your pain.

blue
08-25-2011, 05:54 AM
So, pics?

wombat2u2004
08-25-2011, 06:18 AM
So, pics?

Yeah. We want gore, we want gore.

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Gotta be honest......I came back hoping there would be pictures up.

caseysmom
08-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I did get to see it once yesterday, the nurse talked me into looking. If you look at the hand from the top it almost looks normal. The finger will always be a bit shorter. They took the surgi stuff off snd just covered in gauze, i bumped it twice yesterday and thought i was going to die.

Sorry I was alone so no pic.

mrspunkysmom
08-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah, these things hurt a while. Sorry.

I had to re-read your post. I didn't realize that you lost a small part of your finger.

A gross question. Did you lose your fingernail, too.

I'm sure the doc or nurse would take a pic or two if you have a camera phone. Not that I want to be grossed out.

Halloween's coming and I'm feeling macabre.

caseysmom
08-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I lost quite a bit of the nail but it should grow back most of the meat came out of the bottom of the fingertip if that makes sense.

caseysmom
08-29-2011, 01:19 PM
open at your own risk!

Roxyluvsme13
08-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Oh my gosh, how are you not like sitting in a corner crying in pain?! I would die if something like that ever happened to me. I hope it heals nicely and looks as normal as it can! I also hope you're not experiencing too much pain!

caseysmom
08-29-2011, 02:15 PM
It hasn't been horribly painful and I have been taking vicodin, its more just gross to think about but its always covered.

robinh
08-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Owwwww!

anna_66
08-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Oh my goodness that is gnarly looking. I can't even imagine what it feels like when you bump it, I'm surprised it doesn't make you pass out.
I hope it heals quickly!

caseysmom
08-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Its always bandaged and i made a padding for the end after nearly passing out a few times when i bumped it hard.

JMCsGirl
08-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Ouchy!!! That looks horrible! I hope it heals quickly!

krazyaboutkatz
08-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Wow!:eek: It looks worse than I thought it would. I too hope that it'll heal up quickly. Please take care.

caseysmom
08-30-2011, 12:50 AM
I will post a less gory picture tomorrow I think that angle makes it look worse that some angles but I was trying to impress blue;)

blue
08-30-2011, 03:26 AM
I will post a less gory picture tomorrow I think that angle makes it look worse that some angles but I was trying to impress blue;)

<<<<<<<<< Is suitably impressed. Thank you.

Heal quickly.

caseysmom
08-31-2011, 01:55 AM
Thanks Blue, the bandaging acually slipped off after having to wash my hands in the nicu so much, it has scabbed over pretty good but i recovered it.

I figure in a week or two I can take the cover off. I was looking for supplies at work in the cabinet and found one of those fingertip covers for helping when working with paper...haha i found a fingertip!