PDA

View Full Version : Happy b'day to my granddaughter

pomtzu
08-11-2011, 08:51 AM
It's hard to believe, but today she turns 19! She's beautiful, intelligent, loving and focused in all that she wants to do. She finished her first year of college and made the Dean's List, and in a few weeks will be going back for her 2nd year as a psychology major - working toward her Masters, and is considering going on for her PhD. Little did anyone know 19 years ago, looking at that tiny new life, that she would go as far as everyone hoped that she would. I am so proud of her, as is everyone that knows and loves her.

Happy birthday, Tia. :love:

Freedom
08-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Happy Birthday, Tia!

Ellie, does she live near you? Do you get to see her often?

Very lovely young lady! I like the middle photo best. ;)

pomtzu
08-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Happy Birthday, Tia!

Ellie, does she live near you? Do you get to see her often?

Very lovely young lady! I like the middle photo best. ;)

Thanks Sandie - we think she's pretty darn special. She lives about 30 miles away with her Mom and step-dad. She used to be here every other weekend and most holidays when she was still in school, but going off to college and her working a summer job, we don't see her as often. She does go on summer vacations with my son and DIL, so they get to see her more often than I do! :( Hopefully she'll be here this weekend before she starts getting ready again for college.
That middle pic was her 16th b'day. The one in the sexy dress was senior homecoming, and the other is her senior pic.

Lilith Cherry
08-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Happy birthday Tia! Brains, personality and beauty - you have it all:D

Grace
08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Happy Birthday, Tia.

She's beautiful, Ellie :)

lizbud
08-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Beauty & brains, what a great combination.:) You have a right to be
proud of Grandaughter Tia.

momcat
08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Your granddaughter is a lovely girl (got that from Grandma I'm sure)!

Happy Birthday, Tia, and many congratulations on your outstanding academic achievement! The world is yours so reach out and grab it!!!!!

chocolatepuppy
08-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Happy Birthday Tia!:D

Your grandaughter is very pretty Ellie. I'm sure you're very proud of her!:)

Bonny
08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
What a wonderful granddaughter you have Pomtzu. She has it all going for her & she has made you proud. Happy Birthday Tia

Asiel
08-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Glad I was able to click on PT, I would have hated missing those pictures. You're right, she has it all, brains , beauty and a sense of where and what her goals are. The health field is a great choice with the economy the way it is, always work in that field.
Congratulations and Happy Birthday to Tia, she has made you a proud granny Pomtz. She's a lovely girl...

pomtzu
08-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Thank you all for the nice comments and birthday wishes for Tia. And yes - she is lovely - inside and out. :love:

I'm going to print out this thread and give it to her. She is going to be soooo embarrassed and will probably want to strangle me for posting about her. She is a very laid back and unassuming young lady! :)

Miss Z
08-12-2011, 10:13 AM
I hope she had a wonderful birthday, sorry I am late to this thread!

And I wouldn't worry about her being embarrassed. My grandmother is always one to champion me, too, and although I try to be modest, I can't deny that I secretly love her for it! It's always good to know that you have family who love the bones off you. I'm sure Tia feels exactly the same about you! :)

pomtzu
08-12-2011, 10:43 AM
I hope she had a wonderful birthday, sorry I am late to this thread!

And I wouldn't worry about her being embarrassed. My grandmother is always one to champion me, too, and although I try to be modest, I can't deny that I secretly love her for it! It's always good to know that you have family who love the bones off you. I'm sure Tia feels exactly the same about you! :)

Thanks Zara. I guess Grammys are entitled to bragging rights, so you girls will just have to put up with us. :p:D

wombat2u2004
08-12-2011, 10:44 AM
It's hard to believe, but today she turns 19! She's beautiful, intelligent, loving and focused in all that she wants to do. She finished her first year of college and made the Dean's List, and in a few weeks will be going back for her 2nd year as a psychology major - working toward her Masters, and is considering going on for her PhD. Little did anyone know 19 years ago, looking at that tiny new life, that she would go as far as everyone hoped that she would. I am so proud of her, as is everyone that knows and loves her.

Happy birthday, Tia. :love:

Wow. Now isn't that a coincidence. I'm blown away here.
My youngest daughter turned 19 a couple of days ago, and is also doing Psychology.
Well, a happy birthday to your wonderful granddaughter. ;)