PDA

View Full Version : What dogs do in 105 degree heat

boomersooner
08-10-2011, 03:10 PM
This is pretty much Boomer and Sooner's life every afternoon! Today was our 40th consecutive day of triple digit heat....(I think) The record should be broken in a few days...sigh....Anyway, here are Boomer and Sooner, taking it easy!!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/sdburch/001-1.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm155/sdburch/005.jpg

happylabs
08-10-2011, 03:19 PM
They look so comfy. Can I come snuggle with them? I need a nap. Hopefully you have AC there to keep them cool?

HoochsMommiee
08-10-2011, 03:54 PM
They look so comfy. Can I come snuggle with them? I need a nap. Hopefully you have AC there to keep them cool?

no i wanna.lol they r too cute

cassiesmom
08-10-2011, 04:42 PM
They look so comfy. Can I come snuggle with them?

Me too, me too! :love: Boomer and Sooner!

boomersooner
08-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks! Oh my goodness, yes, about the AC....I don't know how people who don't have it cope in this heat. As of August 1, nine people have died in the Dallas county area, and two did not have working air. Countless others have had heat strokes and heat exhaustion. So many people, especially the elderly, simply can't afford the electric bills.

chocolatepuppy
08-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I've been wondering where pics of your gorgeous pups where. I have Boomer up on my PT calander.;) Stay cool.:cool:

Taz_Zoee
08-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Awwww, cute puppies!!! :D :D

We don't run our air unless we absolutely have to. So our dogs prefer to lay on the hardwood floors.

boomersooner
08-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Yes, ours like to lie on the hardwood floors, too....especially when they are hot....they lie in front of the AC vents. Ours are down low, and they both know where they are located so they can get extra cool! LOL Not spoiled one little bit!

SWHouston
08-11-2011, 03:03 AM
The heat has been unbearable here as well. 100° ambient, with an index of 108° on several sequential days. I haven't been out in the Yard for over 10 minutes during the day, for the last month. Being real cool is not comfortable to me, we keep the house at about 76-78° and the bill is still extremely high. Now, here's the kicker...

I must have two of the most cold natured Yorke's ever !

Both of mine (when napping) will migrate to the most fluffy and convoluted arrangement of old Towels and Quilts that are available. AND, frequently through the day, will go outside (we have a Doggy Door) and lay face up directly in the Sun for as much as 10 to 15 minutes. :eek:

happylabs
08-11-2011, 08:33 AM
I must have two of the most cold natured Yorke's ever !

Both of mine (when napping) will migrate to the most fluffy and convoluted arrangement of old Towels and Quilts that are available. AND, frequently through the day, will go outside (we have a Doggy Door) and lay face up directly in the Sun for as much as 10 to 15 minutes. :eek:

Maybe they are party kitty. :D
My cats will lay between the vertical blinds and the door and sun themselves on the hottest days. :p

pomtzu
08-11-2011, 09:15 AM
None of the critters here like the heat. We have central air, but son's cats lay in front of the pedestal fan that we keep going too. Sparky goes around here panting like he's been running a marathon, and likes to lay on the tiled area by the front door, or in front of a register with the cool air blowing on him. Myndi seeks out a fan too, or lays in my bathroom behind the toilet since I guess the porcelain is cooling to her.

Freedom
08-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Boomer and Sooner have NO intentions of moving -- unless you have steak on offer, lol. They are so lucky, to have a nice soft a/c place to relax!

My crew tend to avoid the heat, as well. Potty trips are much like mid winter, lol, run out, do business and get back in. Of course we don't have the heat you have. Still, mine are pampered too.

Then there is Lacey. She will go out and settle down on top of the cut grass pile (nice and warm) in the direct sunshine, and look around, SO happy! ;)

kaycountrygal
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Oh My Goodness! How do you stand that kind of heat?!! For 45 days we've been 90 and above with high humidity and to me our heat is terrible. We've had a few days of 100+. Thank Goodness for a/c. When I walk outside I pop out in sweat.

Now for my pets: LilGirl gets cold easily & I keep her covered with a little blankie. When I take her out to potty, she loves being outside in the heat. She lies down, often on her back and just absorbs the heat as I stand there sweating (trying to find shade) and waiting for her to be ready to go on "our bathroom walk".

Mr. Luke cat is like me; the colder the better. He loves to lie on floor on his back and get the cool a/c breeze/

Annie is an outside dog and she often digs out a hole in the ground in the shade to be more comfy and/or she takes a dip in the pond. (The pond is getting shallower every day; we need rain.)

Yes, of course, all my pets (including 3 goats) have access to fresh water. I think I'll be glad when winter gets here. Kay in central NC

lvpets2002
08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
:cool: Yup they are doing what my kitties have been doing each day.. Staying indoors where it is nice -n- cool..

:love: You two babies are so Sweet & Adorable.. great pics thanks

cassiesmom
08-11-2011, 12:59 PM
:D
My cats will lay between the vertical blinds and the door and sun themselves on the hottest days. :p

That's how my cat is too!

kokopup
08-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Our temperatures have been in the mid 90's for almost 2 months now. Koko stays inside usually on top of an air vent. Rascal loves the heat and can be found outside either in the full sun or rolling in dirt. He is the first cat that we have had that loves to get dirty.

boomersooner
08-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Our streak of triple digit heat broke yesterday, just short of the record from 1980....some areas got rain...alas, we did not......The dogs and I thought we were having a cold front when it got down to 90!! LOL

Alysser
08-12-2011, 09:35 AM
looks like they got the right idea to me! :D Simply adorable.

CountryWolf07
08-26-2011, 12:41 AM
I just love their names, Boomer & Sooner! I told my boyfriend that once we move in a house, etc. then settle on getting a dog - we are going to name it Buckeye "Buck" or Woody after the football coach, Woody Hayes. He has no CHOICE. ;)

boomersooner
08-26-2011, 09:19 PM
LOL!! Both of those names are adorable!!! My husband wanted to name our first born child...our son....Barry Norman...after Barry Switzer, old coach of OU and Norman, the city where OU is.....I was like NO!!!!! LOL By the way, today we had our 60th day of triple digit heat!! UGH

SWHouston
08-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Both of mine go outside frequently through our 100+° days, lay on their backs and soak up the sun, like they were on a beach in Hawaii.

I think I've got two of the most cold natured Yorkies that exist. :D