PDA

View Full Version : question about peeing

catnapper
08-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Mystic has crystals, and he's been on meds for a week and half now. I can tell he's feeling much better but he still hurts. He's still licking his "boy bits" but not as much as a week ago.

I understand that cats with crystals develop a fear of the litterbox because they think thbe box is what gave them the pain. I give my cats a free pass when sick. Pouncer will pee on table tops and other hard durfaces. Allen peed in laundry baskets and any blankets/pillows/clothes on the floor. They were very easy to clean up (I especially thank Pouncer's thoughfullness because he's sooooo easy to clean!)

I noticed Mystic was peeing on the bedroom carpet, which is now utterly destroyed (just a good reason to recarpet ;) )

But now Mystic has started to pee on the bed!!!! :eek: I've never had a cat do that. Blankets on the floor? Allen would hit them. But if they were on the bed, we were safe.

Any idea how to get him to trust the litterbox again? At this point in medication, everyone else used the box again. Oh, Mystic does use the box for poo. He just is terrified of it for pee.

catmandu
08-09-2011, 09:19 AM
I wish you good luck with Mystic .
My Princess :love: when she was older had a spell where she was peeing on the bed, I had to put plastic over the mattress!!!:eek:
I put a small litter box near her on a stand level to the bed, and that seemed to work.:D
Good Luck with Mystic.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( Have you tried Feliway or Cat Attract Litter yet? If not I'd try both of these and hopefully they'll work for him. He may also still need to be on some pain meds too. Good luck.:)

katladyd
08-09-2011, 12:07 PM
A litter that attracts cats can help with this. Ming has a chronic crystal condition and he used to pee in the bathtub or on the floor by my bed. My vet put him on amitryptiline and he started using the box again. If Mystic doesn't start using the box soon, ask your vet about meds. I was against meds, but they were a last resort for Ming. He has been crystal-free for over two years now!