PDA

View Full Version : Clover at the beach :)

Sowa
08-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I take way too many pictures. :o Please tell me if I post too often.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/clover22.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/clover25.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/clover26.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/clover28.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/clover34.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/clover35.jpg
Bribing to stay in the water lol. She didn't really want to be there.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/clover40.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/clover23.jpg

Sowa
08-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Do you think she's too skinny? We're going to the vet on Tuesday, I'll check with them then.

chocolatepuppy
08-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I take way too many pictures. :o Please tell me if I post too often.

You will NEVER post too many pics of Clover for me!:D I love seeing her!:love:

pomtzu
08-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Skinny??? - are you kidding??? Just look at that nice round puppy belly. :D I just love upside down pup pics. Adorable to the max! :love:

Sowa
08-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Skinny??? - are you kidding??? Just look at that nice round puppy belly. :D I just love upside down pup pics. Adorable to the max! :love:

She is round when laying down, but if you pat her you can feel ribs a little. Other then that I feel she looks ok?

pomtzu
08-07-2011, 03:32 PM
She is round when laying down, but if you pat her you can feel ribs a little. Other then that I feel she looks ok?

You should be able to feel her ribs, but not see them protruding - that would be too skinny. On the other hand, you don't want to feel a lot of padding on those ribs - then she's carrying too much weight. Really - she looks like a healthy little pup to me - and not skinny or scrawny - just right. :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-07-2011, 04:03 PM
She looks perfect to me and also incredibly cute.:) Please continue to post pictures of her. I'm already in :love: with her.:)

Roxyluvsme13
08-07-2011, 04:15 PM
She looks like a perfectly healthy, happy girl. She is so precious! :love:

And you can never post too many pictures of someone as cute as Clover!

sana
08-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Loved the photos! Seems like Clover had a blast at the beach! :D Lucky little doggy! :) I love Clover's eye color, it looks really pretty with her skin color :love:

And the photos weren't a lot! Its good to see you post often! :D

Taz_Zoee
08-07-2011, 07:49 PM
She looks great!! Just as adorable as ever. :D

Oh, we have a mutt dog at the shelter now and his eyes remind me of Clovers. So maybe there is hope her eyes will not change too much. :)

Freedom
08-07-2011, 09:00 PM
*giggle* these photos really tell a story!

Photo1: ready? Yup, ready!
2: Hmm, never sniffed this smell before (butt up, play bow) Wanna play wiff me?
3: I am Clover, on a mission!
4: (right rear leg kicking outwards) O that is COLD!
5: Yup, too cold, I'll run out now
6: Yum, I could wait here for a treat!
7: Look, ma, I'm all WET! :D
8: Beach days are tiring, ahhhh, love my bed.

He he heee, I really enjoyed those pictures. She is so full of life, fun, adventure!

I can only repeat what others said: this is PT, you can't post too many pet photos here!

k9krazee
08-07-2011, 09:19 PM
You need to stop posting pictures. It's making my puppy fever unbearable!!! ;) She is just waaaaay too cute and I want to steal her.

She looks perfect weight wise to me too, and it's always better to be on the thin side than not.

Sowa
08-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks everyone :D Unfortunately she's not a huge water fan yet. She went in ok, splashed around, then didn't go back in again. She just whined and wanted to go. I hope she'll grow out of it. I love having a dog to swim with me!

dab_20
08-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Sick of Clover?? Certainly not! She's such an adorable puppy, I know she'll grow into a beautiful dog! LOOOVE those upside down sleeping pictures. I can't get enough of her.

happylabs
08-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Love the pics! She is growing so fast already! I don't think she is too skinny but you can ask the vet what a good weight is for her as she is growing. Always end with a puppy belly pic. :love:

Karen
08-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Where in Canada do you live? I've never seen a beach that color brown! Tan sand, pink sand, white sand - but not chocolate brown! And there's no such thing as too many puppy pictures! :)

Sowa
08-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Where in Canada do you live? I've never seen a beach that color brown! Tan sand, pink sand, white sand - but not chocolate brown! And there's no such thing as too many puppy pictures! :)

East coast. Red soil here.

cassiesmom
08-08-2011, 05:09 PM
You will NEVER post too many pics of Clover for me!:D I love seeing her!:love:

What Chocolatepuppy said! I love seeing her too! :D She is so pretty! I love her eyes.
"I am Clover and I'm on a mission." :D Yep, a mission to have fun and be happy and precious!
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x258/darktora07/clover/clover26.jpg

Karen
08-08-2011, 05:14 PM
East coast. Red soil here.

Cool, are you up in the Maritimes? My grandmother used to visit Nova Scotia with friends, and we have a lot of Newfie people (okay, descendants of) at my church!

Sowa
08-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Cool, are you up in the Maritimes? My grandmother used to visit Nova Scotia with friends, and we have a lot of Newfie people (okay, descendants of) at my church!

Yup :)

kaycountrygal
08-08-2011, 09:23 PM
No, You dont post too often or too many pics. I like seeing pics of Clover. She is just beautiful. No, I dont think she is too skinny. She looks "just right" to me. She sure is a sweet pretty puppy.

luvofallhorses
08-08-2011, 10:06 PM
She is so cute! Never too many pics of puppies! :D I do not think she is skinny, she looks like she's in good shape for a pup a lab at that! :) Just keep her the way she is, most labs even pups I have seen are overweight for their age and it saddens me but your girl looks great! Make sure you don't do any heavy exercise though until she is atleast a year-1 year and a half old. :)

Sowa
08-08-2011, 10:55 PM
What would be considered heavy exercise? She goes to the beach but she doesn't do much. Mostly she runs around.

I try to run her off leash a little bit everyday. She listens well right now but we don't take any chances and is only allowed off in fields where no cars are (my cottage for ex. huge fields with really no where to go) or if its fenced in. She seems to get really hyper if I don't run her a little in the morning and in the afternoon.

How long should I be walking her a day at this age? I'd say we go for maybe 2-3 20 min walks a day. Maybe a little more or less depending on how much time I have. I find if I do this, she's not getting into trouble in the house (like chewing etc)

Maybe she's not old enough yet, but my last Lab chewed EVERYTHING. Even the legs on the kitchen table/chairs. I have a lot more toys and chewy bones for Clover though. That might help. I hope! I hate having to leave her locked up every time I go out.

HoochsMommiee
08-08-2011, 11:41 PM
can i smooch ur baby:love::love::love::love: tooo adoreable

luvofallhorses
08-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Well jogging with her making her run is heavy exercise and is hard on their growing joints. I would say what you're doing now isn't heavy exercise. :) As long as you exercise her good, she won't want to shred everything in sight up. :)

It's for her own good to crate her when you're gone, I wouldn't feel bad about it and if you give her like a kong filled with peanut butter while you are gone, she will be fine. I would put peanut butter in the kong, freeze it overnight and give it to her before you leave. :) My dogs LOVE that.

It keeps her safe and your house from getting torn up, too or having her getting into something toxic or eating something that can cause obstruction and a very expensive vet bill.. so I wouldn't worry too much she is safe in her crate. :D

Karen
08-09-2011, 12:28 AM
I hate having to leave her locked up every time I go out.

Don't hate it, it is just a nice way to reinforce the crate as her own little den.

CountryWolf07
08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
No! Don't quit posting pictures of Clover! :) I LOVE her. She's a unique girl. I love Labs, so, obviously, keep doing it. If you want to encourage her to like water, get a kiddie pool. My boyfriend has one for his Lab, Dozer. He loves it, otherwise, he hates the hose! Silly boy.

IRescue452
08-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Looks like she had fun :).

She's definately not too skinny. Free running exercise is better than forced leash exercise. This way if she gets tired she can stop. She can choose what speed she's able to go at any moment as opposed to leash exercise where a dog has no choice but to push on until the human decides to stop. Some leash walking is good too though, it helps with obedience and learning control in situations where a dog may need it. 20 minutes is a good sized walk in addition to off-leash stuff.

As far as crating goes, I have 2 dogs who hate the crate, one is rescued. They will at least listen to the command to go in the crate though. I believe it is very important to try and get your dog to take to the crate as comfortably as possible. You never know when an emergency is going to happen and the dog will need to be confined safely. Also, what if something happened to you? What if somebody needed to care for your dog but was unwilling or unable to leave them out at all times? It would be best for the dog to be ok with being crated at times.

Sowa
08-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks, that makes sense about the exercise.

I don't want her to always be crated though. Only until I know she will be safe on her own. Then she can have free range of the house. (minus furniture) That's how it's always been with my other dogs.

I'm starting puppy kindergarten soon. I think around 6 months we'll do obedience. I think I heard that's when it's ok to start using training collars and such. (that's what they usually use at obedience classes I've been to.) Though the person I was talking to said I could start her around 8-10 weeks old.