PDA

View Full Version : Is Abby a tuxedo cat?

boscibo
11-07-2002, 02:13 PM
Here is a picture of Abby - she's all black except the little patch on her chest, and another small patch on her belly and one or two stray white hairs on her head. Do tuxedo cats have to have white feet? Or white on their faces?

http://home.attbi.com/~pattis_garden2/abby_face.jpg

Uabassoon
11-07-2002, 02:17 PM
I don't think she's a tuxedo, it looks like she just has a little locket. But I don't really know.

NoahsMommy
11-07-2002, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure what exactly determines a tuxy or not. She sure is cute though!! :)

Cataholic
11-07-2002, 02:20 PM
Well, I am not the 'official' word, but....hmmm....I am not sure I can answer...so, I say, if she wants to be? I think "technically"...if it is even a technical call, tuxedos are so named because of the tuxedo like formal wear attire. I think Abby might be a bit shy of the traditional formal wear. But, maybe Abby is just dressed in next years' style? I believe in INCLUSION, not EXCLUSION, so I would tend to err on the side of "join our club"!!!!

Karen
11-07-2002, 02:22 PM
Traditional "tuxedo" cats have a white "shirtfront" and white "spats" - white feet, and often have a white tummy as well. I don't think she counts as a tix, just as a pretty pretty kitty!

I don't know that there's ever been a "breed standard" written up for tuxies, as they can appear in purebreds or mongrel cats alike!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-07-2002, 03:34 PM
If Abby qualifies, then so does Tubby. ;) :) Abby looks exactly like Tubby, and even has white in the same spots. He has just a wee bit on his chest, and a small white spot on his tummy. I would consider him a tux wannabe, or like Cataholic says, maybe they're just wearing next year's style. ;) :D And it seems Tubby is getting more white hairs as he gets older. Not too many, but here and there spattered throughout. I don't know, do cats go gray in their old age? :)

Abby sure is a pretty kitty. That is a beautiful picture of her. :)

Edwina's Secretary
11-07-2002, 03:51 PM
I also believe that "Tux" is a look more than a breed....in which case Abby and Tubby should name their LOOK . I like Locket!

Any other ideas? Any other with this LOOK ???

2kitties
11-07-2002, 04:30 PM
Whatever she is, she is BEAUTIFUL! And what a great picture. Abby is perfect. My Rocky is a full-on tux, but Taz has only ONE white hair. He wants to be a tux, though, I think. So I say all it takes is one white hair to make the club.

Vermontcat
11-07-2002, 04:31 PM
I like the term "tux wannabe", my cat is also one but with extra white! Well, actually my cat is half black and half white so she is really a "moo cow kitty".
Abby is beautiful with her big gorgeous eyes, and what I call a "headlight" on her chest because it is so hard to see a black cat in the dark other than their eyes.
My in-laws used to have a black cat with the white spot too. I think a little white makes them more unique.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-07-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I also believe that "Tux" is a look more than a breed....in which case Abby and Tubby should name their LOOK . I like Locket!

Any other ideas? Any other with this LOOK ???

Hmmmm...Tubby might have a problem with "locket" but we could say he has a tie clip on. ;) :) You know, kind of like how Regis wears a tie that is the same color as his shirt...well..Tubby has a black tie on his black shirt - with a white tie clip. ;) :D Or maybe it's getting late and I'm going a little loony - too much work, gotta go home.....;) :)

neko1
11-07-2002, 05:24 PM
I love that picture! She's so cute whether you think she's a tux or not.

smokey the elder
11-08-2002, 07:14 AM
Abby looks just like Tic Tac. He got his name because he has a tiny white spot on his chest about the size of a Tic Tac. His mom, Diamond, is black with a diamond-shaped white spot on her chest. A lot of my cats, regardless of color, have white on their chest.

Lillycat
11-17-2002, 03:01 PM
really, if she wants to be a tux we s/let her be.....possibly she is in her "just hanging out"clothes or maybe her jammys....or maybe she just sees herself as a tux.....you know that self kind of thing....i think she is probably close enough and really we should encourage her to be whatever she wants to be when she grows up...right?;)

rosethecopycat
11-17-2002, 03:43 PM
I think TUX is an attitude more than a LOOK or a BREED.

:cool:

Uabassoon
11-17-2002, 04:36 PM
How about a bowtie kitty? Since intstead of the full tux they are wearing a little bowtie.

Terminalvelocity
11-17-2002, 06:04 PM
She's so beautiful, it doesn't matter what you call her. Her white beauty-mark is adorable and really sets her 'little black dress' off perfectly.

Wilson Pickett is a grey tuxedo. He has the required four white spats, white bib and tummy. And a white mustash. He just got carried away with the tails part!! lol.

boscibo
11-17-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat
I think TUX is an attitude more than a LOOK or a BREED.

:cool:

Oh believe me, Abby has the attitude! She rules the house, including our three big dogs. They tip toe around her, not daring to even make eye contact. She does get along with Gandy, they often touch noses.

Thanks for all the opinions, I always considered her to be a black cat (for which I have a big soft spot - I love black kitties), but with her little bowtie she's almost a tuxedo.