PDA

View Full Version : The worst day fishing Thursday #441

RICHARD
08-05-2011, 08:39 AM
For ome reason I woke up this morning with a hankering to go fishing!

Grab the oars folks, put on a life jacket and let's go!
DONE!

Oh, I made some bologna and cheese sandwiches for everyone.

(we can us them as bait too!)

happylabs
08-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Fishing...fun! I LOVE bologna and cheese sandwiches too. I make mine with sweet summer bologna and orange american cheese from the deli. This is major comfort food for me...brings back memories of my childhood. How about some chips and a nice cold ice tea with that.

pomtzu
08-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Fishing, huh??? I love ocean fishing, but on the lake??? - nah - so I'll just sit on the dock and be a spectator. I enjoy a good bologna sandwich now and then. I like the sweet bologna sliced thin, then toss on a slice of Lebanon bologna, swiss cheese and spicy brown mustard - yum! Count me in, please. :)

lvpets2002
08-05-2011, 11:29 AM
:cool: Its way too Hot for fishing right now in Tx.. I will just jump into the lake with the fish & swim awhile.. I have sent Orc to the store for chips & hot sauce to go with the sandwichss.. So lets all jump in & swim..

momoffuzzyfaces
08-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I love fishing but refuse to row the boat. Dad made me do that when I was a kid!!! Love bologna sandwich with tomato please!!! Oh, and a cold rootbeer. :love:

lbaker
08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
I do love bologna sandwiches with mustard but I'll do you one better and start the grill for ALL THE FISH CAUGHT!! Grilled fresh fish is even better than bologna :D OOOOH - it's August and the Eastern Shore silver sweet corn is prime this year. Corn on the cob and fresh grilled fish too.... I can hardly wait!!
Hi everyone - long time no see - Laurie

Karen
08-05-2011, 03:23 PM
No bologna for me thanks, I'll bring my own sammich - peanut butter and honey, what Mississippi's in Boston used to call Pooh Bear's Sandwich!

And I'm fine with lake fishing, knowing Richard's in Kentucky right now! Nice and peaceful (shush or you'll scare the fish) and I can hear the buzz of the cicadas now ...

happylabs
08-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I do love bologna sandwiches with mustard but I'll do you one better and start the grill for ALL THE FISH CAUGHT!! Grilled fresh fish is even better than bologna :D OOOOH - it's August and the Eastern Shore silver sweet corn is prime this year. Corn on the cob and fresh grilled fish too.... I can hardly wait!!
Hi everyone - long time no see - Laurie

No bologna for me thanks, I'll bring my own sammich - peanut butter and honey, what Mississippi's in Boston used to call Pooh Bear's Sandwich!

And I'm fine with lake fishing, knowing Richard's in Kentucky right now! Nice and peaceful (shush or you'll scare the fish) and I can hear the buzz of the cicadas now ...

Wow there is nothing better than freshly caught fish on the grill. Yum!

I like PB and honey too Karen. Pooh Bear sandwich...love that name.

pomtzu
08-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Ya mean to say that the boat's not back yet?? - not catching any fish??? :(

Well, I picked up some Edy's black raspberry ice cream when I went out earlier, so help yourself. There's regular cones and waffle cones (sugar cones as I remember my Dad calling them) too, or you can just scoop some into a bowl and dig in. Enjoy! :)

Karen
08-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Ya mean to say that the boat's not back yet?? - not catching any fish??? :(

Try here: http://www.clipperfleet.com/default.asp?page=502

(If'n ya scroll down to June 29th, that's my Dad on the left ... normally shies away from the camera ...)

pomtzu
08-07-2011, 06:23 AM

(If'n ya scroll down to June 29th, that's my Dad on the left ... normally shies away from the camera ...)

(waves) - hi, Dad. Looks like you all had a good day of fishing - much better than the PT crew! :p

wombat2u2004
08-08-2011, 11:14 AM

Geez, that hat looks kinda small for his head.
I'd better send him a bigger one. ;)

RICHARD
08-08-2011, 11:58 AM
I have been rowing around in circles for the last few days, No one told me you HAVE to put an oar in to the water on both sides of the boat.

Sure beats being up a creek with NO paddle.

Hi to everyone,

Some sunscreen for you all and a cold one from the cooler.

--------------------------

Processed American cheese isn't great for DS fishing.;)

happylabs
08-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I have been rowing around in circles for the last few days, No one told me you HAVE to put an oar in to the water on both sides of the boat.

Sure beats being up a creek with NO paddle.

Hi to everyone,

Some sunscreen for you all and a cold one from the cooler.

--------------------------

Processed American cheese isn't great for DS fishing.;)

Well...what kind of cheese do the fish like? Picky little buggers aren't they???

I was hoping you had a little motor for the boat. ;)

Karen
08-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Actually, some deep sea fish will bite at most anything that moves, so if you jig fish, that'll work. Otherwise cut up clams is best bait, not cheese.

RICHARD
08-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Actually, some deep sea fish will bite at most anything that moves, so if you jig fish, that'll work. Otherwise cut up clams is best bait, not cheese.

I figured cutting the cheese wouldn't do us any good?:confused::rolleyes:;)

wombat2u2004
08-09-2011, 06:25 AM
I'm a rock hopper. Luv fishing off the rocks by the sea. Bait ??? Anything !!! Even strips of red cloth.

lvpets2002
08-09-2011, 12:24 PM
:rolleyes: Wom did you take that poor guy's Red Jacket from the mountain for your fishing?? Shame on you..:p

I'm a rock hopper. Luv fishing off the rocks by the sea. Bait ??? Anything !!! Even strips of red cloth.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm getting dizzy from being rowed in circles!!! Richard put your other oar in the water and head for shore or I'll be heaving over the side of the boat soon. I'm feeling green!!! :p

wombat2u2004
08-09-2011, 11:01 PM
:rolleyes: Wom did you take that poor guy's Red Jacket from the mountain for your fishing?? Shame on you..:p

That was my ex wife. She gave me the jacket just before I pushe....I mean, just before she tripped and fell off the mountain.
Did you know that she was German ?? Yep, she was from Schlettau in Saxony.
The last thing I heard on that mountain from her was "Schhhhhhh....it....ow !!! Schhhhhhh....it....ow !!!"

happylabs
08-10-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm getting dizzy from being rowed in circles!!! Richard put your other oar in the water and head for shore or I'll be heaving over the side of the boat soon. I'm feeling green!!! :p

LOL! For some reason this really cracked me up this morning.

Pinot's Mom
08-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Sorry I've been absent, y'all, on a business jaunt to Reno. Before that on a girls' weekend at the beach. Currently at the Purple Parrot having brunch before the flight back east. I've got extra corned beef hash and eggs; pretty good - any takers?

gini
08-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Do you think any of the blackraspberry ice cream is left? I started drooling when I heard there was some here.

Are you all still fishing? Did you catch anything that you can talk about
yet?;)

pomtzu
08-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Do you think any of the blackraspberry ice cream is left? I started drooling when I heard there was some here.

Actually there is Gini - I've surprised myself by not eating it all yet. :eek: It is soooo good - rich and creamy. Dig in..........:D

Cat Daddy
09-06-2011, 09:37 AM
I got in a little fishing with my friend the other day. We didn't have much time so we had to hurry a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL58hUAGQu8

RICHARD
09-06-2011, 11:15 AM
I got in a little fishing with my friend the other day. We didn't have much time so we had to hurry a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL58hUAGQu8

LOL, why fish when you can stun the little buggers into submission?:D

lvpets2002
09-08-2011, 12:36 PM
:eek: WoW Ex Wife & I are both Germans.. MMmmm == Wom you are so so bad..:p

That was my ex wife. She gave me the jacket just before I pushe....I mean, just before she tripped and fell off the mountain.
Did you know that she was German ?? Yep, she was from Schlettau in Saxony.
The last thing I heard on that mountain from her was "Schhhhhhh....it....ow !!! Schhhhhhh....it....ow !!!"